Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear T-Net QB Gurus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dear T-Net QB Gurus

Aug 14, 2018, 8:59 AM

There is a method to the madness. Dabo cannot simply swap out a QB that has played very well for us in a season that wound up with us in the playoffs for a true Freshman regardless of what you all think. Doing so with TL having no live game situations could be detrimental to the team. You have to know that Kelly has a big portion of this team that believes in him and if Dabo pulled the switch prior to any games being played it could introduce turmoil in the squad.

Now think for a second. A couple of, maybe even 3 or 4, games in if TL has played better than KB then the move becomes easy. You have film that the entire team has seen in review and the move cannot be challenged by anyone. There is a psychological piece that is involved in these things as well and the Coaches have to do their due diligence to make sure that everything in the team remains status quo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I'm beginning to think you've never been a successful coach.***

Aug 14, 2018, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Dear T-Net QB Gurus

Aug 14, 2018, 9:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:14 AM

Well said. If you’ve listened to Dabo this summer he’s stated this several ways in the interview. Without a complete as he calls it, huge separation where something like the team telling him that TL should start type situation you can’t split the team. He’s also trying to hang on to Chase as well...

Chase could just cash it in and not stay engaged as Dabo says. We really could end up two plays from disaster.

Now, if it gets into 4-5 games and TL and Chase have only gotten mop up, then you would have reason to voice an opinion and fully justified for TL to play more.

It’ll work out right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The mental gymnastics you guys do is astounding!

Aug 14, 2018, 10:20 AM

j/k

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Think for a second?

Aug 14, 2018, 10:22 AM

That's not how it works here on TNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

It was worth

Aug 14, 2018, 1:15 PM

asking!!

Re: Dear T-Net QB Gurus***

Aug 14, 2018, 10:27 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whatever pumper

Aug 14, 2018, 10:47 AM

I love and trust dabo, but he is a mornan and a liar. I love the coaches.
the coaches are stupid.. just my opinion. I watch videos and read stuff. I'm not smarter than the coaches but I know more than the coaches. I trust the coaches but I disagree with all their decisions. they like losing games bUT I dont.

their jobs and reputations are on the line but who cares. the gamecock fans will say they are better than me if clemson loses which is way more important. just my opinion. I trust th he coaches.

the coaches lie about everything. I'm a clemson fan, Bern going to games sonce I was in my daddies ########. I care more than the coaches. I love the coaches.

I saw s utube video where neck Rowell punched chuck norris in the face while he was in HS and HS videos are legit
but dumb DV will play Austin bryant instead cuase he doesn't care about winning. he cared about favorites. I love NV.

BV is an idiot.
just my opinion.

just keepin.it real.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: whatever pumper

Aug 14, 2018, 11:47 AM

Hmmmm, this is oddly a very accurate representation of a majority of the crap posted on Tnet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 10:48 AM

“Dabo cannot simply swap out a QB that has played very well for us in a season that wound up with us in the playoffs for a true Freshman regardless of what you all think.”

When said true freshman is 6’5, 210 with a rocket arm you can.....

Sorry

Aug 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

but no!!

That 6'5 210 rocket arm has not been tested in a full on game situation, only in practice. So for him to start day one is not the right decision!

I'm not comfortable with the term

Aug 14, 2018, 12:19 PM

rocket arm.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You can't.***

Aug 14, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear T-Net QB Gurus ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

2017 rankings

Aug 14, 2018, 11:21 AM

Rank Name Passing Efficiency
10 J.T. Barrett 160.1
22 Jalen Hurts 150.7
70 Kelly Bryant 131.7

Rank Name Total QBR
7 Jalen Hurts 83.4
8 J.T. Barrett 81.8
17 Kelly Bryant 77.6

Deptula on KB "Can make all the throws"
Deptula on Hurts "Can't make a forward pass"
Deptula on Barrett "Can't make a forward pass"

I see you and those are facts, but

Aug 14, 2018, 11:29 AM

can TL do the things for our offense that KB does well right now? My guess is no. Despite those numbers KB won games last year and got us to the playoff and has that one attribute that is hard to measure Experience.

My point is, TL may wind up being the better QB and the eventual starter but Game one is not the place to give the kid his first start. Let KB start and over the first 2,3 games get TL more PT in more critical situations and see that he is comfortable then turn the offense over to him. Don't just throw him into the frying pan when you can bring him along at a pace where the team is the eventual winner.

2018 rankings

Aug 14, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to 2017 rankings ]

the players that gives us the best chance to win will play
-dabo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nice assessment of the situation

Aug 14, 2018, 11:44 AM

Not everything revolves around just the physical abilities of a given player. Team cohesiveness is also vitally important to success, and Dabo knows this.

Aug 14, 2018, 12:41 PM

I thought Dabo was waiting on t-net to forward our recommendation for QB to him. Has he changed his mind on that? I have mine ready, and just waiting on Dabo to ask us for the answer. This coaching stuff is easy. Do we get paid after this?

I’ll disagree but you make a could point about culture.

Aug 14, 2018, 1:32 PM

Too many fans and players would be butt hurt about it because that’s the way the South is. Loyalty is more important than success I guess. It would be easier to make a switch in another place.

Re: I’ll disagree but you make a could point about culture.

Aug 14, 2018, 1:39 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic