Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2016 Watson - 2017 Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,404

2016 Watson - 2017 Bryant

Sep 17, 2017, 2:46 PM

Through 3 games

Watson- 692 yrds passing, 228 yrds rushing, 7 TDs and 3 INTs- vs Auburn, Troy, SC State

Bryant- 733 yrds passing, 162 yrds rushing, 6 TDs and 1 INT- vs Auburn, Louisville, Kent St.

Bryant is no DW4 yet but proud of his start to the season- no doubt & hell of a job to the coaches in his development.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say the biggest difference between the two

Sep 17, 2017, 2:58 PM

is last year I think we were trying to protect DW4 whereas KB2 is having to prove himself. We knew what Watson could do and didn't want to risk losing him to injury but running it excessively. With KB2, he was the biggest question mark coming into the season. These last two games have tested him and he has responded better than probably most fans are willing to admit

KB is having a great year, and he just outplayed last

Sep 17, 2017, 3:09 PM

year's Heisman winner by a huge margin. He has exceeded most people's expectations.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Better start through 3 games but his ceiling is lower.

Sep 17, 2017, 3:13 PM

DW4 lacked consistency at times but he had the ability to take his game to another level when needed. I don't think KB has that next level, he's good enough to put us in a position to defend our title.

Re: We will have to see

Sep 17, 2017, 3:22 PM

if KB has DW4's ability to put a mistake behind and win the game. As good as DW4 and Clemson were in 2015 and 2016, there was room for improvement in a few spots. Dabo and staff are still building this machine that seems to get stronger with more depth each year.

Maybe Lower Ceiling in 2017 But Beyond Who Knows?***

Sep 17, 2017, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Better start through 3 games but his ceiling is lower. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Several things are apparent after watching Bryant play

Sep 17, 2017, 3:58 PM

Trevor Lawrence will not unseat KB next year like many thought. There will be one, if not two QB transfers in the off season

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Several things are apparent after watching Bryant play

Sep 18, 2017, 7:50 AM

We've been saying that for a while. If bryant starts next year I can see 2 of the 3 leaving...Johnson, Brice, Cooper

Re: 2016 Watson - 2017 Bryant

Sep 18, 2017, 7:49 AM

I am so impressed with KB...He has some big shoes to fill, but he has fit them really well! He is just gonna continue to get better and better.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,404
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic