Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,569

2015 expectations

Aug 20, 2015, 8:18 AM

So obviously Hood is off the National Champs bandwagon, but I'm not! We will have the best offensive weapons in the country and a better than average defense. This offense is going to score a ton even with youth on the o line. We have a mobile qb. So we give some points on special teams, big deal when you put up 40+. We don't lose in 2015.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me get back to you after games in Louisville and

Aug 20, 2015, 8:33 AM

against ND.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sir. . You must create 3900 pre season rankings.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:38 AM

Dont worry, you will not be held accountable and will never have to admit you were wrong.

Master those 2 things and you have a job at espn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I like your enthusiasm, but here's why David's take bears

Aug 20, 2015, 8:33 AM

respect: you have to be able to run the ball with enough efficacy to command the respect of the defense. Once you become one-dimensional, you're done. My concern is just that. Without a formidable OLine, it becomes difficult to run effectively.

There is no doubt we have a bunch of talent on our line. I hope these young pups can get it done. But Hood makes some very good points. There will be growing pains, especially at the tackle positions.

And it's hard to argue with his point about special teams. We all hope we'll be pleasantly surprised, but we'll be holding our collective breath when the time comes that we need a FG to win a game. I wouldn't bet the farm on us making it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

we've had 1.....maybe 2 "decent/adequate" Olines..........

Aug 20, 2015, 9:27 AM

in the last 20 years. So basically our oline is a "question mark" every year. We may be young on the Oline, but it's the Wide Reciever equivlant to replacing marquan jones w/ a sammy watkins............you lose experience, but you get WAY more talent.

the kicking game is a legit concern, but assuming DW4's health we're scoring 40ish points per game anyway.........and as long as our defense is "adequate" which i think they will be (top 20 b/c of BV) we should be fine.

IMO if we lose more than one game we either had a major injury (DW4) or we lost a game that we have no business losing.

our big 3 games are at home we should take 2 of 3..........and the other teams aren't on the same level that we are.

fans say our best team will be next year, which i agree with, but we go to Auburn, GT, and FSU so realistically we'll likely have a better record this year than next even with a better team.........but here's to hoping for undefeated......i just don't see that

I expect only that no one is in my seats when I get there.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:36 AM

I have no other expectations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I like it

Aug 20, 2015, 9:00 AM

Expectations are resentments under construction. Live in today. When tomorrow gets here, enjoy it.

Re: 2015 expectations

Aug 20, 2015, 8:38 AM

I like your thinking and I hope you are right. I just think this season will be a warm up to the National Cmapionship in 2016! We are definitely built for the long run!! Go Tigers!

Aug 20, 2015, 8:39 AM

I think win the ACC and this will be a great season.

I think we win for sure 5 games.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:42 AM

Wofford, App St, BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest.

The other 7 are winnable games.

5-7 is the absolute worse.

12-0 is the absolute best.

This is just my regular season analysis.

Re: I think we win for sure 5 games.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:48 AM

That is my line. I think we win for sure 6 games

Wofford, App St, BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest,SCAR

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we win for sure 5 games.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:57 AM

OL is green.

Kicking game is bad.

Great Defense and Great QB could be enough to cover up all of the negatives though.

I don't care how bad or good we are we still won't lose to south carolina.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 8:45 AM

I think this is the first time I have ever been less confident in our team coming out of camp. The fact that our O-Line was dominated by our young D-line for the majority of camp worries me. Also, linebackers worry me as well.

I love our first team D-line as well as first team LB, but if we have ANY injuries which I feel is inevitable we are going to be hurting. It's the same way with the O-Line, except I am not sold on our first team yet.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 8:54 AM

We MUST get through the first 3 games without 1st team injuries then we have time to heal and have gotten 2nd team experience. We will be really good then. LB is the ? mark but feel we will be fine. Defensive line and dbs as good or better than last year.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:55 AM

If we can get by Louisville, it will be a special season. I still think ND will be a really tough game for us.

Screw Calford.

It still all comes down to Watson

Aug 20, 2015, 9:23 AM

He stays healthy, we're still favored in every game. I'm not predicting an undefeated year, we've had three in our history. But the questions we have are ones every team faces, unknowns in that we have guys facing live bullets for the first time in a lot of places. After week 4 much will be ironed out. I love experience, but give me talent every time over it. The talent is there, even at PK when Lakip returns. And let's not forget arguably our two best kickers ever, Treadwell and Catanazzaro, were unproven walk ons at one point

My expectations..

Aug 20, 2015, 9:31 AM

If we stay healthy, and our freshman do well at the OT positions, I expect us in the 4 team playoff. I also think Watson gets invited to the Heisman ceremony. I bet online for us to win the National Title and for Watson to win the Heisman. Both of those may not happen, but I expect the playoff and for Watson to at east be at the Heisman ceremony.

9-3. O-Line and kicking will costs a couple games.***

Aug 20, 2015, 12:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have expectations and I have hope.

Aug 20, 2015, 12:14 PM

I expect lots of beer, grilled meat, good friends and loud noise.

I hope for nice weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,569
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic