Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 Wish List of Potential Recruits and breakdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,295

2015 Wish List of Potential Recruits and breakdown

May 14, 2014, 2:48 PM

As I'm sure most of you all know, this class is supposed to be on the larger side (25-28), and loaded with boys to play in the trenches. With Hyatt, Fruhmorgan and Green already on board for the O-line and Johnson and Cervenka commited on the D-line, I expect we take 1 or 2 more to play OL and 2 or 3 more on DL. I would also like to see us pickup another WR and possibly 1 RB to fill out the skill positions, as I expect Van Smith to stay on the defensive side of the ball (some have him projected as an RB). That being said, here's my list of targets i'd like to see us get on board, and I believe we have a pretty fair shot at getting:

OL: Zack Bailey, Venzell Bouleware, Zach Giella
I expect we can land 2 out of the 3 here, with Bouleware nearly being a lock. Giella has moved Clemson very high on his list, while the Gamecocks are ascending on Bailey's short list. All 3 are definite takes

DL: Albert Huggins, Shy Tuttle, Trenton Thompson, Tim Settle
Again, I think we land 2 out of the 4 targets listed. Albert Huggins would be a huge pickup, and Clemson appears to have an advantage over the Dawgs at this point. Thompson is the best of the group, but has the SEC big-dogs breathing down his neck, along with the Noles. Tuttle has ties to Clemson and I have a hunch he will hop on board with Huggins.

RB: Ty'Son Williams; Mikell Lands-Davis
Ty'Son Williams comes from Crestwood High School in Sumter, SC, the same town Rod McDowell is from. Hopefully Rod can tap into his ties to Sumter and get Williams to hop on board with us over SC. Lands-Davis is a bruiser, plain and simple. He's a very Jamie Harper-esque type RB, minus all the twinkle-toeing Harper did. At this point I believe we will take 1 of the 2, with Lands-Davis being a higher possibility

WR: George Campbell
George Campbell is the recruit everyone was talking about even during last season's recruiting cycle. He was always high on Clemson before committing to Michigan, and put Clemson back in his top 3 after decommitting. It seems we're in a tough battle with the Gators for his services, but with all the publicity Clemson WRs are getting in the NFL, we might be back in it. He is the type of play maker we need to go all with, as he is a MAJOR gamechanger.

CB: Juwann Briscoe, Antonio Parks
I believe we get both to commit here, and I expect both will commit by the end of the month. Briscoe has favored Clemson for a while, as has Parks. I believe Parks is the better all-around CB (coverage, tackling, etc.), while Briscoe is the better athlete

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good breakdown. Some thought on it though

May 14, 2014, 3:09 PM

Unless UF fires their coach I don't think we get Campbell. Far too entrenched right now with whatever they are smoking down there to get WRs to go. If I'm Dabo I'm bringing up Fulwood and Robinson who went there and have yet to do anything while they could have come to Clemson and been productive.

Huggins is ours as of right now imo but we need to get on Tuttle hard. He's leaning far too hard towards the Tarholes and I refues to believe that a legacy child would rather play for them then us. Whoever is his recruiter beter be in his ear everyday reminding him how good we are and how crappy they are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good breakdown. Some thought on it though

May 14, 2014, 3:59 PM

Campball is coming to camp. I'm sure he is hearing a lot from gator fans but I love are chances and I don't expect muchamp to make it through the season.

Doesn't spearman recruit Tuttle's area?

May 14, 2014, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Very good breakdown. Some thought on it though ]

If so, that explains it

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2015 Wish List of Potential Recruits and breakdown

May 14, 2014, 3:51 PM

Great break down and I love the direction this class is headed. Hopefully we can finish strong. It is nice to be able to take a full class this year and I would expect to be able to take a couple over-sign guys late in the game.

null

May 14, 2014, 4:08 PM

If you're counting DE as part of the DL then we take at least 4 more we lose three DE and three DT this year. Plus I think we take two more WR's.

Aren't we also after Austin Bryant?***

May 14, 2014, 4:30 PM

Definitely in the mix.***

May 14, 2014, 5:17 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May 14, 2014, 5:49 PM

Personally I think we land Nyhiem Hines and not sure we're even pursuing tyson anymore. Hines is a stud APB with blazing speed.

As far as DTs go I think we have a better shot at DJ Jones than Tuttle who is trending UNC. Jones or Settle with sterling would be crazy. As Huggins is being recruited as a DE at clemson to specific a SDE the role Crawford is playing.

As far as DE goes I hope we land Austin Bryant who's visiting soon and Michael Barnett

Wide receiver wise Campbell is the more high profiled recruit but in terms of WR right now Jayson Stanley and Deon Cain IMO are more college ready. I think Campbell is much like Bryant was it may take a few years to reach his potential especially with his ify hands. Definitely want him though and let him quietly develop. Bringing in him, bell, and one of the others I named would be ideal for clemson

didn't Parks try committing to us

May 14, 2014, 5:56 PM

and the coaches didn't accept it or something along those lines

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: didn't Parks try committing to us

May 14, 2014, 6:22 PM

They didn't accept it cause he's never visited, but he's coming to camp in join with his teammate Xavier Lewis whom Coach Reed wants badly. Expect Lewis to be an over sign guy if he wants to commit

The only real threat is auburn for Thompson***

May 14, 2014, 6:55 PM

Re: The only real threat is auburn for Thompson***

May 14, 2014, 7:06 PM

Good luck with that.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic