Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 Recruiting Class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

2015 Recruiting Class

Jul 18, 2014, 9:52 PM

The story announcing Austin Bryant's commitment stated that 9 of 19 2015 commits were 4* or better. I think that severly understates the case. That is Rivals ONLY. An unbelievable 18 of 19 are rated 4* or better by one or more of the four major services. I believe Dabo and staff are getting the hang of this recruiting thing.

GO TIGERS !!!! Beat Those Leg Humpers !!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2015 Recruiting Class

Jul 18, 2014, 10:16 PM

Historically speaking, Rivals rankings have been the most accurate and trusted by coaches over the past 10 or so years...obviously that doesn't account for the huge boom in recruiting popularity over the last 3-4 years.

Basically an Ideal class for Clemson would consist of a 1:2 ratio of 4 star or greater to 3 stars or less.

9 of 19 is right on track.

trusted by coaches?***

Jul 18, 2014, 10:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting services for the most part are dealing primarily

Jul 18, 2014, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 2015 Recruiting Class ]

with on field athletic performance. Dabo and staff have been stressing the off field academic/character as a prerequisite and now have the luxury of being able to continue that trend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a fan, I've always leaned toward Rivals, but I doubt ...

Jul 18, 2014, 10:26 PM

... seriously that coaches even look at ANY of these rating services at all.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would imagine some coaches use recruiting services for

Jul 18, 2014, 11:05 PM

informational purposes, that is a central reference or data collection point where some info on all of the "big-name" recruits can be gleaned. I'm confident, however, that few if any base any type of evaluation or analysis on the star-ratings or rankings, but rather rely totally on their own eyes and experience.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I would imagine some coaches use recruiting services for

Jul 18, 2014, 11:34 PM

Rivals is the standard. I find that all the sites do well with the top 50 but struggle after that. I don't trust rivals as much after they lost so many people to 247. Espn over rates southern prospect not a bad ideal that's were the market is. All in all it who you beat out for the kid even then you gotten dig throw if he has a commitible offer or not.

Re: I would imagine some coaches use recruiting services for

Jul 19, 2014, 12:47 AM

24/7 is best recruiting coverage. Followed by Rivals. Rivals has best grading. I just like 24/7 coverage. ESPN shouldn't even be looked at for rankings. They are pure trash.

Coot alert ^^^^^^^^Coot Alert^^^^^^^^so jealous..^^^^^^

Jul 19, 2014, 2:35 AM

Here we go with a Coot history lesson class!! Football has never been a chicken tradition, he's some facts. Look for the guys that have orange on to help you if you can't read or fail to face the.......TRUTH.

THIS IS SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL

Following the 2011 football season South Carolina has an all-time winning percentage of .507 (555-539-44), which ranks 47th out of all college football teams considered major schools in college football (76)….only 29 teams are worse. A few of the notable “MAJOR” football programs who have been better than the Gamecocks include such powerhouses as: Tulsa, Utah, Minnesota, Navy, and Purdue, just to name a few. This is South Carolina football.

In the 69 seasons South Carolina has been affiliated with a conference, they have won that conference once...the ACC in 1969, with a 7-4 record. Since the Associated Press began ranking football teams in 1936, the ##### have finished in the Top 20 of the rankings only six times in those 77 years. South Carolina has finished in the Top 10 of a major recognized poll...ONCE in 2011, the best season in their entire history with 11 wins. That year the entire team received rings for going 11-2 and for finishing a tough, hard fought 5th place in the SEC. As they say in tee ball, everyone is a winner. This is South Carolina football.

The first year of Gamecock football was in 1892, South Carolina won its first bowl game 103 years later under BRAD SCOTT. In 120 seasons of football, South Carolina never participated in a pre-BCS major bowl (Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Cotton, and Sugar) and has yet to receive a BCS invite. As South Carolina is set to begin its 121st season of collegiate football, they have won 11 or more games in a single season once. In 120 seasons, Carolina has won more games than it lost only 56 times. In 120 seasons, Carolina has won more than 6 games in a season 23 times, and lost 6 or more 38 times. This is South Carolina football.

South Carolina has had 33 different head coaches in its storied tradition...only six of them have stayed longer than 5 seasons, while 21 of them have losing records. “It’s another Carolina Touchdown!?”…not quite. Of the 56 programs, which have played more than 1000 games all-time, only four have scored fewer points than South Carolina in their schools history. This is South Carolina football.

Since joining the SEC in 1992, Carolina has had a winning record in the conference five times in 20 years. In the 21 seasons as a member of the SEC, South Carolina boasts a conference record of 66-94-1. Although South Carolina has yet to win the SEC, they have finished 0-8 in the conference twice. South Carolina has won six conference games in a season once. Only Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt have less 6 conference win seasons. This is South Carolina football.

Of the most memorable moments in their history is the fact that South Carolina went two consecutive seasons without winning one conference game. That’s right, not one. Carolina had an impressive string of 21 consecutive games with a loss snapped in 2000 by beating New Mexico State (and to let the rest of the country know what South Carolina football was all about, their fans commenced to tear down the goal-posts. No, I am not kidding). This is South Carolina football.

Since 1992, only three times has any non-probation member of the conference failed to win two or more games overall in a season…South Carolina has accomplished this feat twice, Kentucky once. Since 1992, only once has a conference member failed to win a game overall in a single season…you guessed it, South Carolina. South Carolina’s all-time record versus other current conference members is even more impressive: 3-12 vs Alabama, 7-13 vs Arkansas, 1-9-1 vs Auburn, 6-23-3 vs Florida, 15-42-2 vs Georgia, 15-7-1 vs Kentucky, 2-16-1 vs LSU, 7-8 vs Ole Miss, 8-6 vs Mississippi St., 6-22-2 vs Tennessee, and 17-4 vs Vanderbilt. That’s correct, Carolina leads the all-time series against 3 SEC teams...Kentucky, Miss St. and Vanderbilt. This is South Carolina football.

But, the comparison of only 21 seasons in one conference does no justice to the tradition of South Carolina football. Comparing the ##### record versus D-1A schools they have played 15 or more times: 40-65-4 vs Clemson, 17-24-3 vs Duke, 6-23-3 vs Florida, 15-42-2 vs Georgia, 9-11 vs Georgia Tech, 11-17 vs Maryland, 17-32-4 vs North Carolina, 3-16 vs Florida State, 6-22-2 vs Tennessee, 21-12-1 vs Virginia, and 34-20-2 vs Wake Forest. That’s correct, South Carolina leads the all-time series against 2 of these 11 teams...Virginia and Wake Forest. This is South Carolina football.

Gamecock fans justify their horrible football record thru the strength of the SEC conference. But let’s look at the Gamecock’s record against the other big 5 conferences. South Carolina is 156-173-15 vs the ACC, 4-7 vs the Big 12, 6-17 vs the Big East, 5-4 vs the Big Ten and 1-1 s Pac12. This is South Carolina Football.

LOL at Coot football 1892 to 2009.

You can run but you can't hide from what you really are.

Pitchfork Ben is a-comin'!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic