Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 - 2019 Composite Ranking per 247**Interesting**
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

2015 - 2019 Composite Ranking per 247**Interesting**

Oct 7, 2019, 2:10 PM

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Clemson is "finally in the top 10" after winning two of the last 3 and playing for 3 of the last 4 championships!
In other words rest of the country - what are you going to do now? Tigers have been getting it done with classes outside the top 10. Beating your composite classes in the top 5 or at least higher than the Tigers. This will be a problem especially for those teams that basically rely on "beating you with athleticism alone"!
Should be fun to watch as the level of athlete "coming in" goes up. The coaching staff does a great job of developing under valued players. I hope that doesn't change as the "out of the box" talent keeps going up! But, if the 4 and 5 stars that do come in are willing to "put in the work" and compete I don't see anything but more dominance for the Tigers in the future. You certainly won't have as much media bias toward the Tigers. Now and in previous years I think people knew Clemson wasn't getting a ton of 5 stars. Some for sure; but not on the level of Bama, Ohio St, Georgia, FSU, UF, Michigan, etc. What will they do now when it has been proven on the football field Clemson can win w/o having superior talent?

Go Tigers!
Forget the haters who don't want to see lil'ole'Clemson win anything!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coots 2nd highest player is Tavien Feaster

Oct 7, 2019, 2:14 PM

https://247sports.com/Team/South-Carolina-182/Roster/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coots 2nd highest player is Tavien Feaster

Oct 7, 2019, 2:46 PM

So you are saying we have two backs that outrank the entire coot team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but

Oct 7, 2019, 2:41 PM

If you look at Clemson's average "star ranking" by class we're easily in the top 4. Class rankings are a bit skewed due to class size.

Also, the perception among most of the media is that Clemson has been out-recruiting all programs not named 'Bama and maybe FSU, UGA, and Ohio State in the last 5 years.

Fair or not, for the past 2 years they've been pushing the narrative that Clemson and 'Bama are the two most talented teams in the country.

Nobody thinks that Michigan or UF are as talented as Clemson, much less more talented.

If we continue to recruit the way we are right now College Football is in BIG trouble.

Based on last 5-6 classes

Oct 7, 2019, 2:45 PM

Sorry, I thought we were at least #4 in star-raking.

I think last season dragged us down so that may not be true.

Re: True, but

Oct 7, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to True, but ]

That has always been my impression, as well, but the average rating confuses me. Going by it we would be 14th, yet teams with a higher average rating and more recruits rank behind us. How does that work?

Re: 2015 - 2019 Composite Ranking per 247**Interesting**

Oct 7, 2019, 2:50 PM

Lol, we have just as many Natties in that group than schools #2-#8 COMBINED in the past 10 years.

Oct 7, 2019, 2:58 PM

FutureDoc Exactly right! Reckless96

The perception is that we have just as much talent must be by those who don't keep up with recruiting. Next year will be a great year! We get our fair share of top talent; but not on the same scale. As said, "size matters here"! Coach Swinney and staff don't offer everybody and are selective with who they bring in. They have chosen to pursue 3 star talent over some of the 4 and in a couple cases 5 star players other schools went after! That 3 star talent pulled our overall class ranking down; but the player fit Clemson's culture better! You take a 3 star kid who has room to grow and develop over a 5 star who is possibly complacent and has an entitlement complex. Let those other schools deal with that. But, this staff has done a nice job with who we have brought in and I have no doubt it will yield good results on the football field.

Go Tigers!

Oct 7, 2019, 3:44 PM

HillRockTiger, you said it.

Regardless of the actual rankings, Dabo has a system that works.

The proof is in the Championships.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:01 PM

And Clemson leads all teams with 7 players not ranked, with 2 star or lower... Dabo does more with less.... Go Tigers!!

Oct 7, 2019, 4:36 PM

Alabama has produced close to expectations, Clemson far above, UGA (championships), O310, LSU, USC, FSU, Florida, Michigan, Miami, Uof5C below expectations based on rankings. Oklahoma has outperformed the other schools I listed by a measure based on ranking.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic