Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2014 Maryland Football Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,252

2014 Maryland Football Schedule

May 16, 2013, 4:12 PM

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/acc/2014-maryland-terrapins-football-schedule.php

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2014 Clemson Football Schedule

May 16, 2013, 4:21 PM

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/acc/2014-clemson-tigers-football-schedule.php

Re: 2014 Maryland Football Schedule

May 16, 2013, 4:27 PM

They'll win 2 games at best. There's no way in the world Maryland beats Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and the like. Good riddance. They've made a terrible mistake leaving the ACC and they deserve every defeat they experience. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow...

May 16, 2013, 4:32 PM

After looking at the schedule, I can't believe what a dumb move they made. At least in the ACC they could thump their chests about being a charter member of the conference and they could compete from time to time. Now they have nothing in common with the teams that will be destroying them every week. They'll regret this. Big time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And their Admin will be laughing all the way to the bank***

May 16, 2013, 4:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

The eco of the laughter in an empty Byrd Stadium....

May 16, 2013, 4:55 PM

will resonate all across the College Park compus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: And their Admin will be laughing all the way to the bank***

May 16, 2013, 5:11 PM [ in reply to And their Admin will be laughing all the way to the bank*** ]

For a few years. Then we'll see how all this shakes out. I think they screwed up big time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is the schedule on the right tougher than the one on the

May 16, 2013, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Wow... ]

left.

Florida State -- Ohio State (most years FSU will as good)
Clemson ---------Michigan(bad under Rich Rod, lost to App state before he got there. They were better last year but I think Clemson is at least even with them, perhaps better. I know we finished ranked higher.

Virginia Tech --Wisconsin (lost their coach and blown out a couple of times last year.

Notre Dame-- Michigan State

Miami,Fl or UNC ---Iowa

Georgia Tech --- Penn State (PSU is about to be very bad)

NC State -- Rutgers

Wake Forest or Duke ---Indiana (worst program around)

Maryland's Big Ten schedule is on the right. The Big Ten also has Minnesota and Purdue. Maryland was a punching bag in the ACC and the will be the same in the BigTen, but their BigTen opponents aren't any tougher than the ACC teams. Granted Ohio State had a big year last year, but htey are one year removed from a losing season and probation.

people forget B10 was horrible last year

May 16, 2013, 6:55 PM

Their only good team was ineligible, and a team with 5 losses beat Wisconson by like 40 to win the championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maryland historically plays

May 16, 2013, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 Maryland Football Schedule ]

a very weak OOC schedule and I doubt that changes with a move to the BIG.

They will pick-up a couple of teams like William & Mary, Towson, Morgan State, James Madison, Delaware, Villanova or some other cupcake directional school that will guarantee them a couple of win and they should also beat the likes of Indiana and Temple.

Otherwise, expecting to win more than four or five games a year may be a bit overly optimistic for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

true as long as they don't improve

May 16, 2013, 6:53 PM

and you can't assume that. When Maryland is playing pretty well, they can probably expect to win 7 or 8 games a year in the B10 just like they did in the ACC. If they're playing as poorly as they have in the last 3-5 years, they're only going to win 3-5 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about that

May 16, 2013, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 Maryland Football Schedule ]

They should be able to compete in the B10 every once in a while just like they did in the ACC. Of the teams you listed, they're going to beat at least Iowa and MSU consistently, while every once in a while they could surprise Wisconsin and Michigan. Really the only team listed there that has been consistently very good has been OSU.

Maryland was a pretty good team not very long ago, and Iowa hasn't been very good for a few years while MSU hasn't been very good for very long. Some y'all have extremely short memories.

Who cares?***

May 16, 2013, 5:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2014 Maryland Football Schedule

May 16, 2013, 5:25 PM

Have fun traveling to Michigan and Wisconsin
Wait till you get to travel to those as well as Minnesota and Nebraska a couple times a year in basketball!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are going to get "killed" ...

May 16, 2013, 5:33 PM

and they Maryland faithful will yearn for Lacrosse season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that schedule doesn't look any tougher than the ACC

May 16, 2013, 6:48 PM

lot of really crappy teams they're playing. I actually think they could win 6-8 games with that schedule depending on their QB play.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2-10...... Good job terps***

May 16, 2013, 6:26 PM

I see between 5 and 8 wins for them there

May 16, 2013, 7:00 PM

unless they somehow suck as bad as they did last year without their top 3 QBs. I mean, Maryland doesn't have a great team, but it's not like they can't beat Iowa, Indiana, Rutgers, PSU, Temple and South Fla.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Can you spell "Doormat" boys & girls?

May 16, 2013, 7:12 PM

Have a great life, Twerps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,252
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic