Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2008 We killed Scar, the year TB left, ever since then we ha
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,823

2008 We killed Scar, the year TB left, ever since then we ha

Dec 10, 2012, 9:55 AM

ve been killed....what happened in the last 4 years that they have improved 100% and we have not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update***

Dec 10, 2012, 10:03 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot***

Dec 10, 2012, 10:11 AM

Re: coot***

Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 AM

You're funny. My 2 Clemson degrees beg to differ.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There line play is 100% better than ours....

Dec 10, 2012, 10:03 AM

and we've been out-coached each year. That's about it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There line play is 100% better than ours....

Dec 10, 2012, 10:12 AM

Look at WHO they played the week before our game and compare it with the Tigers schedule. Prepping for an NCSU team that beat FSU is more difficult than having Wofford as your opponent.
Leave this subject alone. If you are so concerned about the gamecocks .... join them!

Who they play the week before is a bad excuse.***

Dec 10, 2012, 11:21 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Change in philosophy which makes SC

Dec 10, 2012, 10:11 AM

a particularly bad match up for Clemson at the moment...

People were not happy when I posited it last summer but here is the general rub..

SC team strengths line up perfectly with Clemson's main weaknesses....

whereas

Clemson primary strengths do not touch SC weaknesses very much at all.

The only teams who have really had their way with SC over the past 3 years or so are power running teams like LSU who physically overpower them.

It is a bad match up.

Petrino's Arkansas squads had a good time with SC***

Dec 10, 2012, 10:57 AM

They also had huge OL that gave QB time to throw.

Dec 10, 2012, 12:08 PM

I'm not blaming the loss on our line, but Arkansas always has/had some huge linemen up front.

Re: 2008 We killed Scar, the year TB left, ever since then we ha

Dec 10, 2012, 10:13 AM

That year in 2008 killed us in recruiting. Regardless of what some say.... Bowden didn't have exceptional years in recruiting "every year" like we are seeing now. Bowden recruited more on the offensive side of things in terms of skill players. Bowden never built depth at Clemson.

That is why we would have occasionally good teams at Clemson, but he was NOT building a program for the long haul.

When Dabo took over, we lost some good recruits that were committed because Bowden left.... It happens!

So Dabo red-shirted that entire class and has been building ever since. He has red-shirted strategically and we are now starting to see the pay-off, but we will see it more so next year. Look at the amount of offensive lineman that has been red-shirted and same with defensive line.

It takes depth to sustain a program. Do I hate losing to Usuck for 4 years in a row.... heck yeah.... but would I rather see us build a program that is going to put us in the top 10 each year and then beat Usuck..... instead of beating Usuck and hardly ever having a top 25 team? ABSOLUTELY!!

Change of Old Wizards

Dec 10, 2012, 10:42 AM

We beat them, true, it was 5yrs. straight of chicken plucking when they had Holtz. Then a new more powerful wizard came named Spurrier that is well known for winning and he had a lot of kids under his power to do his bidding. Clemson was victorious against him before but he and his players later became much more powerful for us to beat. And thats where Clemson stands now.....time for us to get super powerful.

Re: Change of Old Wizards

Dec 10, 2012, 11:28 AM

WTPH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Dec 10, 2012, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Change of Old Wizards ]
drcraven.jpg(32.6 K)

if only this guy was available; we'd pwn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2012, 12:52 PM

I was responding in a mid-evil kind of way to TracyH79. In other words when we had T.Bowden we beat the hell out of S. Carolina 5yrs. straight when they had Holtz. Then when Spurrier took over he was a better coach than Holtz and he would recruit better than Holtz. In result of that, even when we transitioned to Dabo, Clemson did win a couple against Spurrier but in time Clemson have been out played. So it is time for us to out play Spurrier and his team.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic