Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
20 wins is not a requirement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 893

20 wins is not a requirement

Feb 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

When you have 3 top 10 (probably 2 will be too 8 seeds at worst) wins. Here's what our resume would look like if we win 3 in a row.

Wins
@VT
GT
ACC 2nd round team

3 top 10 wins
ALOT of good wins
Some bad losses

What will the tournament board look at? November Clemson was missing a guard. Clemson lost to ND by 4 or 6 ( can't remember) without their best player. That is 2 losses (if you give us one of those games with Trapp out) which would put us at 20-13.

NET is great and all, but it is well known that the committee takes stuff like this into account. Normal 18 wins team don't have 3 top 10 wins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 20 wins is not a requirement

Feb 29, 2020, 4:36 PM

TCU has 3 also as do many other teams (QUAD 1 is the metric)

Clemson reasons for no chance at a bid outside of a ACCT Championship

NET 88
RPI 101

5 home losses to not very good teams.

3 wins against Q1 teams but also 5 losses....below 500 in Q1.
6-4 non-conference against average comp.
1-2 against quality non-conference.

12-13 losing record when Q4 is eliminated (Which is the first step)
3 HOME LOSSES to Q3 which offsets the 3 quality wins.

3-7 record on the road.
Only 1 win nonconference against Q1 and Q2.

Non-conference SOS is 181

ACC is 6th this year in ratings.

Way too many losses against bad competition and only 3 quality win to even be considered.

Clemson is probably 25 to 30 spots out at this time.

Feb 29, 2020, 4:53 PM

I agree Clemson is probably out at this time.

19-14 adding another win against a top 10 team in the ACCT and losing in the semifinals of the conference tournament would be another story.

The committee also takes injury into account, Clemson's guard missed November and half of December and Amir Simms missed ND. They're on ESPN talking about putting Purdue in at 17-14. I'm not trying to say we will make it with scrub wins, but it would be hard to ignore Clemson's finish and not take into account their injuries under that scenario. That would also include a road win at Virginia Tech, most bubble teams have losing records on the road, it's hard to win away anywhere.

Feb 29, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: 20 wins is not a requirement ]

Plus Dawes wasn't ready to play until December, if UNC had that same resume, they'd be in automatically. That's why I rarely don't care about the NCAAT.

First off ou net will be in the 60s when you wake up

Feb 29, 2020, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 20 wins is not a requirement ]

Tomorrow and would only climb with 2 more wins next week. 2nd - all quad 1s aren’t viewed the same. 3rd a q1 and q2 records are similar to the bubble teams that made it last year and this field is even softer. 4th - OSU had basically the same record last year if we win the last 2 and 1 tourney as us and they Meade it. IU was one of the first teams out at 17-14. The ACC despite everyone’s declaration of it being down is 2nd in OOC win %. I believe the NET conf ranking is bs that is fueled by the shift to the 20 game schedule reducing OOC opportunities comparatively to other leagues. We will be firmly on the bubble with 2-3 more wins. Win 4 and we’re probably above the playin lines

Replies: 4
| visibility 893
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic