Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 quarterback system
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

2 quarterback system

Sep 1, 2018, 9:38 PM

I do believe we've seen the future of the Clemson program for this year it is a two-quarterback system the athletic Runner and the Precision passer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 quarterback system

Sep 1, 2018, 9:47 PM

I agree, but can two qbs take you all the way

Absolutely. Long season, spreading out the wear and tear,

Sep 1, 2018, 10:13 PM

when it's crunch time #1 will be apparent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 quarterback system ]

I mean 3 out of the 4 teams that made the playoffs are running a 2 qb system. Bama and uga both are rotating qbs.

Bama is not rotating QBs***

Sep 2, 2018, 6:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 quarterback system ]

Makes me nervous personally. I have always been under the mindset that you have 2 qbs you don’t have one.

I know this doesn’t really fit our situation. I believe Tlaw will be one of or the best qb ever at Clemson but against tougher opponents it may be hard to get into that groove going in and out every other drive.

I think at some point this year we will see Tlaw take the reins as QB1 and I will feel better at that point.

I don’t like the two QB system

Sep 1, 2018, 10:16 PM

I think it’s too confusing for everyone. No real continuity for the offense, plus it’s hard for anyone to get into a good rhythm.

It also seems obvious to the opposing defense which plays are likely to occur, based on who is QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t like the two QB system

Sep 1, 2018, 10:35 PM

I agree 100%.

If we are gonna go with 2QB system, we are so deep this year that Tlaw should have his dedicated group of WRs/TE/RB and KB has his group. They just all completely rotate together all the time lol!

It would be interesting to see how running hockey style

Sep 1, 2018, 10:52 PM

mass line substitutions would work. We certainly have the depth across the board.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 10:34 PM

Nope.

It'll work for a little while, but as you saw in this game, and keep in mind that was just an FCS team, they will always crowd the line more when KB walks onto the field. Didn't you see how they backed off when Trevor was out there?

As I've always been saying, KB (and today didn't show it with the inconstant throwing and that first drive as well...vs an FCS defense) HAS to improve his passing consistency. It's the only way against better defenses his run game doesn't get smothered and he become useless while making our entire running game suffer. A 2 QB system could work, if both QB's are a throwing threat. If not, you'd be better off going with the guy that can throw, and letting the RB's carry the rush load for the majority. They still wouldn't know what to expect that way.

I think TL will overtake KB in the next couple of games.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:15 AM

Things were fairly even today, but we’re comparing a senior with 15 starts to a true freshman in his very first game.

TL is the future and it’s just a matter of time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 6:43 AM

Definitely a two quarterback team. Watching the game, especially with KB in, it seemed our offensive line could have done a better job setting up the run plays. True Test is next week.

Sep 2, 2018, 6:43 AM

Definitely a two quarterback team. Watching the game, especially with KB in, it seemed our offensive line could have done a better job setting up the run plays. True Test is next week.

Sep 2, 2018, 6:54 AM

It is hard to run when the defense expects you to run or throw short passes. Kinda like, third and one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic