Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 possible scenarios leading to last nights debacle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,552

2 possible scenarios leading to last nights debacle

Aug 31, 2014, 2:09 PM

1) Our coaching staff is the most overpaid, incompetent, bafoons to ever grace a sideline or
2) Maybe they are of the understanding that the current 4 team playoff system has changed the way teams will be selected, and that a 1 loss team who goes undefeated in conference play, there fore- winning the conference- is more likely to be selected than a team that beats Georgia, loses to Florida State and doesn't win the conference. That Beating Florida State is more important than beating Georgia, therefore they didn't intend to lose the game, but they were not going to show all they had to Florida State, giving them less to prepare for.
I hope its the latter!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 possible scenarios leading to last nights debacle

Aug 31, 2014, 2:11 PM

you are right, they threw the game last night as not to show our entire playbook to FSU.

Outstanding!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 2:25 PM

Well the playbook has shrunk since Taj was the QB then! They ran 76 plays which were basically variations of 6 plays with no tempo. Not very imaginative is it?

Aug 31, 2014, 2:11 PM

With either of those scenarios, I think you're still drunk from last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 3:03 PM

djs: not trying to be harsh but do you actually believe we have any chance against FSU? Our play calling in second half was sophmoric at best and peewee calibre at worst. What the he...were they thinking. I am amazed that we apparently have no plays to counteract an overly aggressive DL with 1 02 2 LBs added in. Have they not heard of screen plays, slant pass patterns, passes to the TE in the area vacated by the LB, etc.etc. And they're paid over $1 million!!!All I can say is apparently you don't get much for your money these days!

Kind of thought the same thing . . .

Aug 31, 2014, 3:06 PM

But it doesn't meet the logic test. If you have spent any time around Dabo, Brent, or Chad you would know they can't just choose not to win. It isn't in their DNA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The second scenario is moronic.

Aug 31, 2014, 3:15 PM

We better hope to hayull that the coaches and the players can watch film of the a UGA game to correct their mistakes. It doesn't surprise me that there is some rebuilding to do this year... but I didn't expect a total collapse in the 4th qtr like we saw last night.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out coached in 2nd half

Aug 31, 2014, 3:18 PM

That is all that happened plain and simple. We will get better and make adjustments on both sides of the ball.

Yes losing really helps build your self esteem***

Aug 31, 2014, 3:31 PM

Tell 'em marlborocountycapon

Aug 31, 2014, 4:42 PM

gig 'em Aggies....hanging 50

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic