Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 plays that summed up the CU Auburn game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,218

2 plays that summed up the CU Auburn game

Sep 3, 2012, 10:12 AM

they take place in the same corner of the endzone. Aub runs fade and under throws it and the wr drops it. We had lost the ball on D but they couldn't complete it despite us being out of position. A short time later we complete the TD to NUK on a great throw and catch despite Aub being in defensive position

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and despite pass interference.***

Sep 3, 2012, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...and despite pass interference--.good point

Sep 3, 2012, 10:25 AM

I should have mentioned that. the guywas in position and did not have to foul but he still wouldnt have stopped it. no defesne for that throw and catch

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We caught a couple of lucky breaks like that...

Sep 3, 2012, 10:34 AM

1) Tahj's fumble early in the game that was overturned because "his knee was down"... still surprised that got overturned. As much as I hated it, it looked like a legit fumble.

2) Downing the punt on their 1 yd line...that was a 50/50 call...real real close to being a touchback. If Ron Cherry was the official there, he would've figured out a way to give Auburn points on that play.

3) The unforced errors from Auburn when we were out of position ...which ultimately saved us from bad, bad outcomes.

Still some work to do before we can honestly claim a place among the top 10 or top 5 schools, but then again, getting the breaks like that is what football is all about. (See last year's Orange Bowl for a supreme example of what happens when you get absolutely NO breaks against a good team.)

Hope the ball keeps bouncing our way as we keep improving.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed but we also had a good many unforced errors

Sep 3, 2012, 11:04 AM

and many of which negated 10-25 yard plays that put us in one on one position for a score.

It looked like a typical first game for both squads, but I felt we were better across the board than Auburn, maybe not a lot but certainly better on Saturday. Play just may have been more indicative of a 41-26 game instead of 26-19 without unforced errors

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,218
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic