Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 or 3 robo calls today already! ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 931

2 or 3 robo calls today already! ??

Apr 10, 2020, 1:49 PM

Seem to be down last few months but still drive me crazy when I get suckered & see call is from an area where I have relatives, friends or customers..

and more times than not I’m on the potty, driving, eating, working in yard!

How bout you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 or 3 robo calls today already! ??

Apr 10, 2020, 1:54 PM

As @skeeta56 always says, the druids got us after peeps posting yesterday how few there were.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 1:57 PM

I’m on call four.....! They are all looking for the previous number owner though. Dude owes everyone money.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they are not in my Contact List . . .

Apr 10, 2020, 1:57 PM

I don't answer. They never bother me.

They will leave a message if it's important . . . and I'll return the call if I know them.

My phone is for my convenience . . . not theirs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they are not in my Contact List . . .

Apr 10, 2020, 2:06 PM

Exactly the way I feel about my cell phone, if they aren't in my contacts, I don't answer. And as soon as I hear the beginning of the VM, I press #7 and they are deleted. It was my land line that I use to get hammered with unsolicited calls, but my whistle has culled most of them out!!! I also have my cell phone set that when I touch it, it stops ringing. My wife will say, you're not going to answer it, I say it wasn't for me bc they're not in my contacts. Now women will answer a phone before it gets to the 3d ring!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they are not in my Contact List . . .

Apr 10, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to If they are not in my Contact List . . . ]

No doubt! I took the approach to start answering them just to get off their lists, but they just keep coming. The dude must have skipped town without paying everybody!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 2:27 PM

I downloaded the Verizon call filter app about a month ago. I haven’t had one since. It’s amazing to see how many numbers they have blocked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 2:48 PM

Yeah, my bride did that for us too. It does work great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 3:48 PM

Bill: Here's what I do and it cuts down on the frustration.

If I see a number come up that matches the same first 7 digits of my number, I won't answer. Scammers have software to fake their numbers on caller ID. What they typically do is match those first 7 numbers to make people think it's a local call. For example, if your number was (803) 123-4567, their number may be (803) 123-7890.

Keep in mind that a large number of these scammers are NOT in the US. They don't fear the US laws, so they scam away.

The second thing I'd recommend is to stop answering any calls that aren't in your Contacts. When that happens, if it's a legitimate call, those people will leave you a voice mail and you can call them back. If it's a telemarketer or scammer, they may leave a message which you will then delete.

The days of just answering your phone whenever it rings are dead. Save yourself some frustration and be picky about which calls you take. Everybody understands, because most people are doing this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic