Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC has a winning record vs. the SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 951

The ACC has a winning record vs. the SEC

Jan 9, 2019, 11:04 AM

head to head the last 5 years at 28-26.

It’s weird how that stat somehow gets overlooked and you still hear that the ACC is such a weak conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.***

Jan 9, 2019, 11:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.***

Jan 9, 2019, 11:06 AM

And still went a respectable 4-6 vs the big bad SEC.

Still went 6-5 in bowl games though...

Jan 9, 2019, 11:07 AM

...respectable

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just won it all. By far and away the best team. I don’t care.***

Jan 9, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.*** ]

Dang Clemson won three of those games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.*** ]

I'm not disagreeing, and obviously our games count, but when the league champion goes 3-0 in HTH and the conference as a whole goes 4-6 HTH, the rest of the conference sucked.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.*** ]

Also if you look at the teams that represented each conference in those games it looks even better for the ACC.

The top 4 teams in the SEC East and top 2 in the West played in those games, while the 5th place team in the Atlantic and LAST place team Lousiville played. Louisville had to play Alabama and Kentucky who finished 2nd in the East.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ACC

Jan 9, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.*** ]

go 6-5 in bowl season, including a national champion?

The perception of the conference takes a hit when FSU, Miami and VT suck like they did. But Clemson did Clemson things this year and Syracuse was highly underrated all season - even now they should be closer to 10th. Teams like UVA, Duke and BC were not top tier but capable of beating anyone. Even Wake had their moments late in the year. NC State was probably over valued all year to be honest, but they were ok.

I'm not saying the ACC had a great year, but I do think it was underrated this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

2 of those wins were us.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:22 AM

Syracuse was the only other serviceable team. Pretty bad yr if you ask me. I think we were the only one that finished top 25.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 of those wins were us.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:41 AM

Syracuse finished at 15.

Also our 2 wins kind of made up for the fact that Boston College looked dominant early but there game was cancelled which took an expected victory away.

Re: 2 of those wins were us.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:42 AM

their*

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ACC

Jan 9, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ACC ]

The ACC was in the middle of the pack in the Bowl Challenge Cup but still ahead of the SEC who ended up 6-6.

http://montag.org/Football/cups/bowl_challenge_cup.php

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UVA

Jan 9, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ACC ]

Bronco Mendenhall knew his team very well, even if he was overly cut-and-dried, when he said in preseason that he only had 24-26 ACC-caliber players and that depth would be an issue.

At season's start his defense could play with anybody, but his QB hadn't found his comfort zone with the OC.

Then they lost defensive starters to injury and faded down the stretch.

Once they got some recovery time, they made the Chickens look like a high school team.

Look out for the Wahoos next year. I still have a soft spot for them after all the years we suffered together under the heel of Tobacco Rd.

what does that say about the SEC?

Jan 9, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to i will say tho, the ACC sucked hard this yr.*** ]

the most over rated conference of ALL TIME

i wouldnt say that, BUT if they went like 10-2, they would

Jan 9, 2019, 11:54 AM

be chanting SEC SEC from the highest mountain tops. Now they say bowl season doesn't matter.

TU for you and your uncharacteristicly uncootish comment***

Jan 9, 2019, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

finally Jhop comes with a coherent thought. new years

Jan 9, 2019, 11:18 AM

resolution?

Re: finally Jhop comes with a coherent thought. new years

Jan 9, 2019, 4:43 PM

He's doing a face turn.

Re: The ACC has a winning record vs. the SEC

Jan 9, 2019, 11:35 AM

Jhop you finally said something that makes sense.......Happy New Year and Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Jan 9, 2019, 11:40 AM

I don't really care about the conference. I just care about Natties in the case.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:59 AM

SEC teams didn’t want to be there. These bowl games were beneath them.

Shhhhh....don't let them know. It will burst their BIG

Jan 9, 2019, 12:44 PM

superiority bubble.

Jan 9, 2019, 3:35 PM

Was looking like the ACC would've had more bowl wins this season than any other conference if the BC game gets played out. They were setting the table in the First Responder bowl when the plug got pulled.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC has also won 3 of the last 6 National Championships

Jan 9, 2019, 4:18 PM

with 2 teams contributing. The SEC has 2 with only Bama contributing. The B10 has one(OSU). Pac12 and B12 zero.

Replies: 24
| visibility 951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic