Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Favorite things to do in Boston thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Favorite things to do in Boston thread

Nov 5, 2018, 10:58 AM

Traveling for a Clemson game at Boston College is a great experience. BC is in a major metropolitan area of the US and there's a lot to take advantage of while you're there. Chime in with some of your favorite things to do while in Boston and other travel tips for the Clemson faithful heading north to cheer on the Tigers.

Lodging:

Hotels in Back Bay/Copley Square and Boston Commons areas have plenty of activities and are all on the green line of the MBTA that you can take to/from BC.

Transportation:

Driving and parking can be a pain, so avoid renting a car if possible. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), what is called the "T", is the Boston subway which makes it easy to get to most points of interest in the city. Pick up a Charlie Card for fares at any T stop. Rideshares like Lyft and Uber are quick too.

Activities:

* Catch a historical tour or a photo walk
* Walk the Freedom Trail which will take you to historic sites like Paul Revere House, Faneuil Hall, Old North Church
* Tour a brewery, or 2 or 3 or more.
* Eat a cannoli in the North End at Mike's or Modern.
* Eat a Boston Cream Pie at the Omni Parker House
* Eat a lobster roll
* Eat clam chowder
* Ride a duck boat
* New England Aquarium
* Museums
* Have dim sum in Chinatown
* Celebrate a Clemson victory over BC!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eat at the Barking Crab***

Nov 5, 2018, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Eagles Deli in Chestnut Hill is pretty good too...

Nov 5, 2018, 11:15 AM

although it's pretty small and usually very crowded especially on game days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Eagles Deli in Chestnut Hill is pretty good too...

Nov 5, 2018, 12:33 PM

Actually located in Cleveland Circle, about a mile from campus. Last stop on the C branch of the Green Line.

Beat BC

Nov 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Favorite things to do in Boston thread

Nov 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

You totally forgot Boston Creme Pie, Boston Baked Beans, Boston Butts, Boston Tea Party and Bunker Hill!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love biking in the Esplanade along the Charles.***

Nov 5, 2018, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave***

Nov 5, 2018, 11:04 AM

Nov 5, 2018, 11:38 AM

If you do the beer/brewery tour I highly reccommend MALCOLM F. PURINTON, PhD (he has a PhD in beer). Mobile 802-598-5842. www.malcomistbeer.com. Also, eat seafood on the north end at THE DAILY CATCH, bring cash, they dont take credit. THen eat your desert at MIKES across the street. Hanover street.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:28 PM

While on the freedom trail, you'll pass the oldest pub in America. Checked it out last Clemson game up there. Pretty neat. Cheers was cool. There was a lot of orange there when I went.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:55 PM

Who has the best Boston Baked Beans?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 5:40 PM

Duke says the Bush family.

Late night drives on Chappaquiddick island.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

2 decades ago, i went to HOB and jazz at st charles hotel

Nov 5, 2018, 2:39 PM

it was during the big dig and we stayed at longwharf..my wife and young daughters were too frightened to use the (then) seedy subway..but because they were close to the hotel, the family did the aquarium, faniel hall, the black rose and had a terrific dinner, all on the same day..and my girls met Sinbad (very popular early 90's comedian) at logan airport, which left 'em awestruck.. only there two nights, but we had a blast.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Nov 5, 2018, 5:37 PM

If you like history, visit Old Ironsides (USS Constitution) in Boston Harbor near Bunker Hill monument. Still a commissioned vessel. There is crew aboard to tell you all about the history. My favorite thing i've done in Boston.

Nov 5, 2018, 6:42 PM

Old Ironsides was considerably smaller than I had anticipated, but very cool indeed.
Bunker Hill and Faneuil Hall was "Pretty Wicked" (not sure if Bostonians still say that, they did when I was there in the early 90's).
Be sure to grab a labsta roll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 6:52 PM

After drinking some Samuel Adams, it’s aleays fun to toss some tea in the Boston Harbor, then jump on a horse wearing nothing but your birthday suite and ride downtown through downtown Boston yelling “the British is coming, the British is coming!”

Nov 5, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite things to do in Boston thread ]

Yep it was great. We took a whale watching tour and they must have the whales tagged because they put us right on top of a pod that was feeding - they surfaced within 20 ft of the boat (this was August though). Also walked around Harvard and was able to go inside some of the chapels/buildings and they were incredible.

Nov 6, 2018, 2:04 AM

If time permits drive south to Plymouth and see the Mayflower replica, Plymouth Rock, and the 2 villages (early settlers and native American.)

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 5:47 AM

Plymouth Plantation- replica of a Pilgrim village and a native American village. Definitely worth the 40 min drive or you can take a bus tour from Boston.

Tour Fenway Park.

Duck Boat tour of Boston if the weather is clear. Wear your life jacket regardless.

Bus tour of the region's historical landmarks- Lexington, Concord, Bunker Hill, Boston, Harvard. Puts it all into perspective. A full day but worth it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 4:28 AM

By far the best thing to do in Boston.....Win.

Other things

Nov 6, 2018, 5:33 AM

For the engineering types, this is interesting and 10-15 minutes walk from the stadium: waterworksmuseum.org

I like Uber better than the T.

Newberry St will remind many of Greenville.

The is a Spartan race at Fenway on Saturday.
For $10, you can get in and see Fenway. Or pay $160 and race before the game...
https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/4048/overview

South end has better restaurants than North end, imho.

For a bigger adventure, take a boat to one of the harbor islands. For kids, children's museum is fun.

For some of the best baked goods, check out Flour.

Paul Revere house tour, North End

Nov 6, 2018, 4:54 AM

Right near the Old North Church, along with some other N. End browsing and of course the pastry shops

Board a jet heading south?***

Nov 6, 2018, 12:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fenway Park

Nov 6, 2018, 1:36 PM

It's worth seeing, even if you just walk around the stadium and check out Yawkey Way.

As others have said, the T is a great way to get around.

If I could only do one thing in Boston, it would be walking the Freedom Trail. Lots of great historical sites, and you get to see the city in the process.

Boston Duck Tours are a great way to see the city as well. Really fun to go on land and over water as part of the tour.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic