Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 QBs on the field, why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

2 QBs on the field, why?

Dec 15, 2020, 12:37 PM

I’ve never understood why put two QBs on the field at the same time. Unless they’re like Lamar Jackson and can run fast, I don’t see the point to lineup a QB in the slot or boundary. Are you going to do a double QB throw? Well, that’s the first obvious thing to look for. Perhaps it causes the defense to key that side of the field and open up another area. But probably not. You just place a QB, who is usually slower than a WR, in harm’s way.

I could be wrong. Enlighten me. Anyone else feel the same way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 QBs on the field, why?

Dec 15, 2020, 12:44 PM

Sources close to the team have said TL16 has been on the jugs machine and running routes this week to get rapport with DJ, since DJ played so well against ND the first time. Watch for TL16 to be our new deep threat, at least for this week. Can't make this stuff up

Dec 15, 2020, 12:47 PM

The last time Clemson tried it we had a 15 yard run for a first down and then we had a play set up to the guy in 1 on 1 coverage on the opposite side of the formation that would have likely been a TD if not for a terrible snap.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:53 PM

I don't think it's a play you can run more than once every so often, but I think the idea is to have the defense confused. Like you said, they're probably looking for a double pass which could back defenders off the line and open up lanes for the running back.

Or in the case with us earlier this season, maybe they aren't expecting an actual throw with the true freshman QB which opens up something for a pass. Or maybe like you said, they don't expect Trevor Lawrence to actually run a route and risk injury so he potentially ends up open.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:43 PM

Typically these types of games can come down to just a handful of plays throughout the game. With both of these guys on the field at same time I can only imagine the potential. The potential for confusion on defense, the potential for a mis assignment or as someone said maybe the potential for someone dismissing Lawrence as a threat downfield and finally the potential to have more athletes on the field could prove to be the turning point for one or two plays in a game like this. I doubt anyone would put Lawrence in a vulnerable position but he is afterall...a gamer and I think he will do anything reasonable to win this game as well as 2 more. Cannot wait to see this game. First ACCCG I have missed in person in 6 years so I am a bit lugubrious about that. Go Tigers!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic