Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 QB system let me tell you why.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

2 QB system let me tell you why.

Aug 5, 2018, 2:09 PM

Ok so more then likely Kelly Bryant will be the starter. Because he’s the senior with more experience. But Trevor Lawrence needs to play when it counts. Meaningful snaps against good teams. Not just garbage time why you might ask? Because when we get into the playoffs and play Alabama again. And Kelly Bryant can’t pass his way out of a paper bag. We need Trevor Lawrence to come in and stretch the feild to beat Alabama. And of Trevor Lawrence does not take meaningful snaps. Then it will be hard to depend on Trevor Lawrence without meaningful experience. So if any year is right for a 2 QB system then it’s this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...

Aug 5, 2018, 2:16 PM

with KB being the Man & TL being the helper-outer when needed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly...

Aug 5, 2018, 2:18 PM

Perfectly said ??

Defenses having to prepare for both.

Aug 5, 2018, 2:30 PM

Nightmare for a defensive coordinator

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the coaches trust any one of our QB's then that player

Aug 5, 2018, 3:02 PM

should see the field often enough in any game.

Our team can prepare for each. A defense cannot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty easy imo

Aug 5, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Defenses having to prepare for both. ]

When KB is on the field, cover 1 with a spy. Pack the box

When TL is on the field go back into normal base defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 QB system let me tell you why.

Aug 5, 2018, 2:54 PM

sooo... I dont understand your point. you are saying put tl in to stretch the field, but why not have him start earlier in the season for the good of the team? kb may not get us there, but tl may not either. tl can stretch the field and then put kb in to run

Aug 5, 2018, 3:06 PM

My point is if KB is the starter at least play TL regularly in every game. We might need him to win a national championship.

Aug 5, 2018, 2:57 PM

I still think Trevor Lawrence beats him out...and Kelly Bryant likely redshirts (keep in mind, this means appearing in 4 games or less for us thanks to the revised rules) and ultimately transfers out, and has one last bite at the apple at either Arkansas or Auburn. Keep in mind one NFL scout recently gave him a 5th-round draft grade and I think that's accurate, and I think Bryant can boost that if he plays and continues to improve.

I'm rooting for KB because he's the local boy who's paid his dues, been a class act for us, and stepped in and got it done when Deshaun Watson left. I would very much like it if Kelly Bryant could bring it home, win a title for us, and fight his way into the NFL...but ultimately football, like any competitive sport, is about playing the best player...and Lawrence is a no-kidding phenom and you have to draw your plays on longer paper with him and I think holding him off would be a tough ask for anybody this side of John Elway or Peyton Manning...and I don't think it's going to happen.

Clemson built its present reputation on being WRU. We have the best WR's in the nation, period, and ultimately the QB that feeds those WR's the best will be the one that ultimately wins the job.

My heart wants it to be Bryant. My head says Lawrence. Just my own take.

Aug 5, 2018, 8:31 PM

Agree with most Q. Don’t think KB redshirts because he will be the starter game 1 and 2 before passing the torch so to speak. However, I think KB does play in every game with specific packages designed for his abilities. Like other posters I think KB can cause a matchup problem, but in limited packages as TLaw takes the majority of the snaps as the best QB on roster.

Aug 5, 2018, 3:02 PM

yeah - we will roll 2 QB's this year.

Both of our QB' are awesome - even if we had a shaky QB our D would keep it all safe and sound.

KB would be an unquestioned starter on any other team - The only team that can really beat us is Bama who has the beef to crash on the O line.

If KB is healthy we would have beaten Syracuse.

But we have possibly the greatest freshman QB you could ask for --- all we have do is sit backhand watch.

make opposing defenses prepare for both.

TL will play on the 4th offensive possession against Furman and probably throw a TD.

cheers !!!!

null

When you have a 2-QB system and one QB is better than

Aug 5, 2018, 4:09 PM

the other, then half the time you don't have the best QB in the game.

Re: When you have a 2-QB system and one QB is better than

Aug 5, 2018, 4:21 PM

But honestly, how do you really know which is best if you don't play BOTH EQUALLY in similar situations and with similar personnel on the field?

The Furman game should be used to determine how both play, and not just play one in mop-up time. That being said, does TL even know the play book? He has a lot of catching up to do.

Maybe you do maybe you don't. Who the best QB is could

Aug 5, 2018, 5:52 PM [ in reply to When you have a 2-QB system and one QB is better than ]

be whoever is out there moving the chains and scoring. Resting and rotating QB's, getting sideline looks, mixing size, speed, tempo, and skills? If you got it, flaunt it.

We were pretty uptight last year with our playcalling overall it seemed. I hope we open it all up some and trust more of our skills guys to make plays going forward whoever is behind center at the time.

60 minutes of sound and fury.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

KB wasn't the only problem in the Sugar Bowl loss. It all started with the OL getting man-handled and losing the battle at the line of scrimmage. I'm not convinced even Tom Brady could have come in and made a difference in the outcome that night.

Aug 5, 2018, 6:29 PM

Running opens the passing game.... but when they stack the box... you’ve got to be able to hit quick passes.... which we couldn’t do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Needing Lawrence to pass our way out of a loss could come a

Aug 5, 2018, 6:37 PM

lot sooner than a playoff game, so I absolutely agree he better get meaningful time. Last year vs Boston College, Florida State, and many other games sw us going a quarter and half or more whithout even threatening to score.

Here's the problem

Aug 5, 2018, 6:55 PM

Lawrence is good, real good. And will probably end up being the best QB we've ever had.
I am pretty sure ALL of our coaches know that as well. And Dabo has said many times, he
can win with any of these guys, and that's true.
But I will take his statement to another step. I will go on to say that Bryant wasn't
the reason this team made the playoffs in 2017, no he wasn't. Now, was he a "part" of
the reason, sure. But as talented as this team was last year, I feel quite confident we
could had made the play-offs with any of the Qbs, even the walk-ons.
Quite frankly, there isn't much resistance to the ACCCG which will give you a great
chance to win it all.
I am pretty sure Swinney is looking beyond who is the best QB on the roster. His decision
affects 99 other guys on this team, and I am pretty sure he doesn't wanna "lose the team"
by giving the new guy the keys to the team.
With that said, I have went on record to say that Dabo DID NOT make the right choice last
year.But that's just my opinion. But I do know Dabo isn't perfect, he's going make mistakes
regardless of what alot of the sunshine pumpers think- (LOL- j/k) But I will say, when he
does, he will get it fixed. And honestly...I think they know very well what needs to be done.
It should be fun, spot the ball!!

That will #### away TL's chance for experience.

Aug 5, 2018, 7:06 PM

I don't know what part of 'TL should be the starter by our third game,' netters don't get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 7:08 PM

Sounds familiar, it's almost like another team has done that very recently in the playoffs.

Aug 5, 2018, 7:26 PM

Kelly Bryant as A Pass/Run option as well as A Receiver
out of the backfill would be devastating to other teams
in My Opinion.
That's what He will play
in the Pro's, not QB. Come on Coaches figure it out !!

Aug 5, 2018, 7:37 PM

Lawrence's ability to maximize the vertical pass-catching ability of our WRs gives him a distinct advantage, imo. We'd be doing Higgins, Ross, etc. a disservice by rolling out the more limited downfield passer.

Aug 5, 2018, 8:33 PM

I ain’t really convinced as to why Kelly should be playing at all after that spring game versus the number one defense in CFB. Sorry, super glad Kelly is a tiger and he gave us the best chance, but we have a new best chance this year.

You guys are idiots.***

Aug 5, 2018, 9:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys are idiots.***

Aug 5, 2018, 9:29 PM

I would think a two QB system, one as run centric and the oter as pass centric would make it hard on the offensive line having to prepare for two different schemes. Dabo needs to pick the best QB for the program with the other as backup.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 9:30 PM

Other, not oter.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: You guys are idiots.*** ]

It only does if the run heavy one can throw too... Otherwise, they just crowd the line when he's out there and play good man to man on the WR's (if the defense is good enough). TL will have the element of surprise since he can scramble well and can do some running (see spring game, he had some runs in it), but KB has to work on his deep passes so he also has it. Then they don't know to crowd the line or not when he trots on to the field. That's the only way you could rotate and it work.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic