Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boston College vs Clemson Postgame Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,414

Nov 24, 2007, 11:35 AM

Roy Martin breaks down the Boston College game and looks ahead to the USC game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta complain a little about the timing of these articles.

Nov 24, 2007, 11:38 AM

The Clemson vs BC game was a week ago. While I understand the idea of letting it sink in so you can write objectively, the last thing I want to think about just a few hours before we play South Carolina is our heartbreaking loss to Boston College. Why not do this on Tuesday or Wednesday? Letting a week go by before a "postgame analysis" is just a few days too long.

null

true that...but I can't get that Ryan pass hanging up there

Nov 24, 2007, 11:46 AM

right in front of me, in slow motion it seemed........

NEED some new memories tonight, bone crushing ones

Don't worry. Help is on the way.***

Nov 24, 2007, 11:48 AM

null

Why no BC post game analysis in your "Postgame"???***

Nov 24, 2007, 12:18 PM

No coaching problems in your analysis? What a homer!

Nov 24, 2007, 12:57 PM

The national sports commentators point out the failures and incompetence of Clemson's coaches, but the local press sucks up to the coaching staff so badly it's pathetic. Do you guys ever point out coaching failures? I know you guys need to kiss up to the coaches so that they continue to talk to you, but maybe once in a while you could just even hint at the plethora of coaching failures. You think everything is just the fault of our players not making a few plays YEAR AFTER YEAR? News flash: EVERY team fails to make some plays EVERY game. GT had more dropped balls than we had. But they won. BC had several dropped balls and stupid penalties too. But they won. Oh, and you think that the coaches didn't fix the broken kick coverage (that they should have fixed over the summer) AFTER the loss to VT? You think it improved just because players started making plays?

You think Spence called a good game against BC? He ran the ball more than he threw it even though he had the leading QB in pass efficiency in the ACC pitted against the #2 rush defense and the #110 pass defense. I just re-watched the game, and was even more apalled by Spence's play calling the second time. Even the ESPN announcers, about three times, said that Clemson was getting nothing on the ground against BC's excellent run-defense and that Harper should be picking apart BC's poor, zone pass-defense-- especially since BC's top cornerback was out with injury. But our genius Spence refused to take advantage of BC's weak pass-D by passing a lot more often to set up the run. Furthermore, Spence blew a 1st-and-goal from the 2 yard line. The one time in the game that he should have rushed the ball more than pass, he didn't. In four tries, James Davis is going to get 2 yards. And Spence and Bowden failed to call a time-out before the second last play of the game (when they probably should have run the ball for safety and to position it for Buchholz, instead of risking an interception or a sack that put Buchholz out of range.) You think that failing to call one of your two time-outs with 11-seconds remaining is indicative of a championship coaching staff who is giving the players every opportunity to win the game? Don't be ridiculous.

Spence is incompetent. And Bowden is incompetent for not firing his buddy for the sake of the team, and for not fixing the perennial special teams problems BEFORE the season. Jim Grobe can lead lowly little Wake Forest to an ACC title. Al Groh can lead Virginia to a championship game (even though Virginia has the #2 public university academics in the country)? But in NINE years Bowden has once again led Clemson to the upper-middle of the pack in the ACC?

Koenning's defense has been championship caliber for the last two years. And Bowden's crew does a pretty good job recruiting. But Spence must be fired. A better OC would have beaten GT and BC.

1st and goal on the 2. Where is Pearson? Why can't we get

Nov 24, 2007, 1:48 PM

smash them in the mouth.

Re: No coaching problems in your analysis? What a homer!

Nov 24, 2007, 2:07 PM [ in reply to No coaching problems in your analysis? What a homer! ]

Coaching problems have been around for 9 years.Tommy is to loyal to his staff to recognize the problems. We choked the past two years in our attempts to make the ACCCG.Conservative offensive play calling was a big problem.I question our defensive coaches too.Matt Ryan loved seeing that soft zone played by Koenning.When will we play to win and not to lose?When will this team show a real killer instinct?TDP has some hard choices to make this year.All i hope for is he makes the best decsions for us to get to the next level.I dont care if that includes Tommy Bowden or getting a new coach.Do what makes us an ACC champion.

These articles always read like

Nov 24, 2007, 2:39 PM

"I support the troops but I don't support the war" crap!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: No coaching problems in your analysis? What a homer!

Nov 26, 2007, 2:05 PM [ in reply to No coaching problems in your analysis? What a homer! ]

Dead on accurate! We wasted so many second down opportunities due to overly conservative play-calling - BC & USC games. Spence's sideline mentality vs stretching the field is where these games are lost.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,414
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic