Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1986 N.C. state game- was anyone else there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

1986 N.C. state game- was anyone else there

May 25, 2018, 5:55 PM

I can’t seem to find it on YouTube, what a miserable rainy day in Raleigh, a game we should have won hands down

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1986 N.C. state game- was anyone else there

May 25, 2018, 6:03 PM

I was there. One of those rare,but every once in a while, games that a Ford Team performed head-scratchingly.

May 25, 2018, 6:04 PM

Wasn’t there but remember watching on TV. Rusty Seyle was our kicker. He was an old school straight on kicker. Remember him shanking one from 35 yards or so that a State fan caught. He was sitting in the third row on about the five yard line.

I know, not helpful but I think I was. We lived in NC

May 25, 2018, 6:05 PM

And went to the state game every other year and went to one game at Clemson every year. I was 10. It was always near my birthday and always right around the state fair so traffic was horrible. And I do seem to remember one that was soaking

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. It was miserable cold. We were the better team

May 25, 2018, 6:09 PM

but couldn't get it done. That was a longgg ride home. I've hated the wolfcoots more since then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 6:25 PM

I remember #### Sheridan having two really good Wide Receivers that season,Nasrallah Worthen and Danny Peebles and the Tigers could not seem to stop either one that day.Amazing thing though is that State won the three matchups from 86-88 but the Tigers won the ACC Championship all three of those seasons.

May 25, 2018, 6:41 PM

remember them both - saw naz at a party that year. never could stand the pack. they are a strong second to usuck in my book. if pack is 2, ughey is 2b.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 25, 2018, 6:36 PM

I was not there in Raleigh for that game. But I was in death Valley the year State Jumped out to 30-0 halftime lead on the number one ranked undefeated Tigers. Rodney Williams and the offense put on a passing show the second half. Cut the lead to 30 to 28. We had the ball around mid field with a fourth-down play driving for a potential game-winning field goal. If I recall Williams threw a perfect pass in the middle of the field to fall back Tracy Johnson Who unfortunately dropped the pass which would have been a first down. We still finished with a great season however. #### Sheridan was a great coach at NC State and definitely had our number!

yep

May 25, 2018, 6:44 PM

and it sucked. except for the bourbon and party favors.

f state

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

D!ck Sheridan seemed to have Danny’s number.***

May 26, 2018, 3:11 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic