Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No matter who you are Tiger fans-- think back to that first
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,028

No matter who you are Tiger fans-- think back to that first

Sep 8, 2016, 10:15 AM

game you experienced in Death Valley. For me that was a homecoming game in 1972 against Virginia at the age of 6. Oh, what a great weekend! To start off my parents picked my brother and me up from school at lunchtime. Yes we got out of school early! That was a treat! It was a 3 1/2 hour trip from Allendale County to Clemson. I remember reading some kind of comic book on the way up. We attended Tigerrama that cool autumn night. After Tigerrama we got an ice cream downtown. Not sure where that was, I just remember it. The next day we beat the Cavaliers and I remember my brother and I liked the crazy stuff the Tiger mascot was doing with the Virginia mascot. We went out on the field after the game. I fell in love with Clemson that weekend and now some 44 years later I can't wait to go back home to Death Valley to see my Tigers play!

Life goes so fast. But here I am on Thursday morning and I can't wait for Saturday to get here!

I think we are going to have another great season and I would not be surprised if we found a way to win it all!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome; that was my first game too

Sep 8, 2016, 10:56 AM

Except i was 11 and growing up in Central about
5 minutes away. Went with my Central Rec little
league team (like Nuk Hopkins played for) and we
sat on the hill. Think GA tickets were only a
dollar or two back then. I believe that was Hootie
Ingram's last year. We weren't real good; Virginia
was worse. The RB, Smiley Sanders, played at Daniel
wher i ended up and he later taught and coached there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my first...but the first I can remember.....

Sep 8, 2016, 11:02 AM

1981 Halloween massacre of Weak Florist. I sat in the upper deck with a friend of mine. We had incredible seats. We were near the 50, north stands, upper deck...first row. We had so much fun (I was 10).
After the game we tailgated with my dad's friend at his really premium spot. My friend and I sat on top of a conversion van and ate hotdogs. I will never forget meeting William Perry that day. We met several players, but The Fridge stood out for obvious reasons.
Great Stuff!

Come to think of it, we now have another monster freshman on the D line. Maybe we'll have much more history repeat itself. It's going to be a fun ride, either way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No matter who you are Tiger fans-- think back to that first

Sep 8, 2016, 1:27 PM

'94 Furman game. First game in Death Valley. First game as a freshman, first game in Tiger Band. Never really saw the hill entrance on TV until the first day of band camp, and that was on a small tv. Didn't really know what I was getting into, or what standing in front of 60,000 people really felt like. Planted myself in my assigned spot right at the bottom of the hill and when that cannon went off right behind me, thought I was going to get bulldozed.

It was awesome.

I was 19 Wake Forest 83-24 game very top row***

Sep 8, 2016, 1:32 PM

Great post!!!! Best I've seen in a while

Sep 8, 2016, 2:20 PM

It was the 1980 Duke game for me. We sat in the box seats, so I didn't get to experience the "outside crowd" in the stands. Remember toilet paper being thrown and in awe of the crowd and what was going on. Clemson lost but I couldn't wait to get back the next time.

Took my son (5 yo) last year to the BC game (his first). I asked him this summer what he wanted to save his allowance for and he said he wanted to go to Clemson. Heading to the Pitt game this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is absolutely the best post in a long time...

Sep 8, 2016, 2:55 PM

especially if all you read are @cutigerbob's poasts

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any word on who the Big12 will be courting...?***

Sep 8, 2016, 7:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 5:33 PM

First game was 2009 Florida State and Clemson. The "We will rock you" chant sent chills down my spine. That game was a huge reason I ended up becoming a Tiger.

Sep 8, 2016, 6:43 PM

2005, freshman year; night game against Texas A&M

it was damp and the seats were made of wood***

Sep 8, 2016, 7:20 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 8:34 PM

I was ten, from east TN My big sister was a freshman. No idea who we played, BUT that very day I realized that there was only one true color of orange, only one school to go to, and only one place on this earth that I have since called God's country. Further established as a freshman in '79 and a proud grad in '83. I'm on my third ring but there will always be one on my hand because of a football game in 1971!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,028
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic