Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"18-wheeler" package with Bryant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,370

"18-wheeler" package with Bryant?

Aug 2, 2017, 6:01 PM

One of the more intriguing wrinkles in college football I saw last year was the way Texas was splitting their reps with their QB's. They had a true freshman gunslinger in Shane Buechele, and then they had a 6'4", 230+ pound athlete in Tyrone Swoopes, who also happened to wear jersey number 18....they tended to just let the freshman sling it between the 20's, and in the Red Zone they'd bring in Swoopes and a bunch of tight ends, their so-called "18-Wheeler" package.

It was very tough to stop. Texas's offense wasn't the problem last year.

It would certainly appear Clemson has the personnel to do much the same. We've got some big bodies at TE like Milan Richard, Cannon Smith, and JC Chalk, and it would certainly appear from what we've seen of him that Bryant is more than capable of filling that "18-Wheeler" role that Swoopes played. We also have some guys behind Bryant like Cooper and Johnson who have some very live arms who might play the Shane Buechele role. It would also take the heat off any one guy and just let the new players possibly focus on doing what they do best.

Just a thought, but I wonder if it might not have occurred to the coaches already.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might as well bring in Big Dex and Wilkins too.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:11 PM

Call it the freight train package.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the idea. Certainly something of the sort

Aug 2, 2017, 6:15 PM

Will be installed by the offensive play calling guru in TE. I wanna see Muse brought in, inside the tightend during the Jumbo package for a sneak PA pass out in the flat.

Muse doesn't have the weight for that. CWs your guy***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:58 PM

Imagine those QB power plays that we got away from last year.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:57 PM

We did the right thing last year protecting DW4, but QB power was a larger chunk of our offense his first 2 years and with Tajh before him.

Could you imagine 23 personnel with Cannon Smith, Milan Richard, Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence blocking?! Behind an interior OL going 321, 304 (322 if Gage wins the job like I suspect), 338. That's some serious beef.

Our offense has a bit of a troika behind it. Between Dabo's

Aug 2, 2017, 7:15 PM

push for innovation and Jeff and Tony tag-teaming with WR's, RB's, and the game plan and play calls, with the sick depth we have brewing at all corners, I'm not leaving anything off the table for what our drives will look like this year and who will be running them play to play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "18-wheeler" package with Bryant?

Aug 2, 2017, 7:56 PM

Just give the tater to Wilkins in the shotgun.

What do you think of Cain losing 20 lbs?

Aug 2, 2017, 8:20 PM

Does he think he lost too much speed from HS when he bulked up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if he lost it, but he sure had it in that video

Aug 2, 2017, 8:35 PM

against Feaster...

What do you think of Cain losing 20 lbs?

Aug 2, 2017, 8:20 PM

Does he think he lost too much speed from HS when he bulked up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,370
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic