Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
12/19/20 - Independence Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,054

12/19/20 - Independence Day

Dec 18, 2020, 11:24 AM

Noter Dame will be begging to have their independence again after what happens to them tomorrow.

In all seriousness, because I can't focus on anything else today, I had a thought on the game that I wanted to bounce off of the bored... I think the difference in the game is going to be coaching. We obviously have great coaches all around that come up with great adjustments, specifically second half adjustments that change the game and have blown the game wide open on multiple occasions.

Isn't this whole game a "second half" since we've already seen everything Noter Dame had to throw at us? Coaches are going to be game-planning based on what they want to do again, what they won't try again and what they want to do differently this time around. It's going to be a game of chess on both sides of the ball and I like our coaches in that matchup (plus a fairly large edge in overall roster talent).

I may be overthinking/overanalyzing it, but Saturday is taking forever to get here. Any thoughts or ideas from the bored are appreciated.

Happy Solid Orange Friday and GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 12/19/20 - Independence Day

Dec 18, 2020, 12:12 PM

I think that having TL back will be the big difference, feel that more deep balls will be thrown and his running ability will possibly keep ND from keying on Travis as much. I actually hope they keep keying on Travis as Trevor will make them pay.. DJ is the future but TL gives us a better chance in this game because of his experience and command of the offense. Having the defensive starters back will also help, as this will keep fresher legs on the field. Skalski's experience will also be an edge, our second and third string guys aren't exactly "chopped liver" just lack the experience not the talent....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ability to rotate on defense!

Dec 18, 2020, 12:23 PM

Our ability to rotate players on defense last game was severely limited. When true freshmen Simpson played 75 snaps and Murphy played 62 snaps and Bresee played 60 snaps it tells you everything you need to know. Then Landon Zanders goes down early and we are even shorter and less experienced at safety! It was a battle of attrition and we didn't make enough plays.

Having more bodies doesn't guarantee victory - but I can tell you I am supremely confident we will play much better on defense this go around.

Can Trevor duplicate 439 passing yards? Maybe he doesn't have to - if we are able to get some zone read going! The coaches won't hesitate to use zone read either because DJU has already shown he can light up that ND secondary if Trevor gets banged up. If zone read gets them guessing and off balanced - then here comes TE9 to the party! If that happens - I don't care who you are - it's lights out!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic