Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
12-0 FSU, 10-2 Clemson, reasonably similar teams, right?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 591

12-0 FSU, 10-2 Clemson, reasonably similar teams, right?

Dec 1, 2013, 10:22 AM

Obviously not. When 2 teams have these records in another conference, you can say with reasonable certainty that they're at least fairly similar type teams. In the ACC, this isn't the case. It's crazy how much gap there is between our 10-2 and their 12-0. Is Dabo really getting it done, when you consider what guys like Jimbo have done in the ACC, in a shorter period of time? I don't really buy that he is doing anything all that special, when you really look at the lack of quality of teams in the ACC. It looks like to me he needs the DV advantage to beat quality teams, and I find that pretty unsatisfying as a fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Diff in Dabo & Bowden Dabo wins game he is suppose to Bowden

Dec 1, 2013, 10:26 AM

Won the big games half the time and SC game most of the time (7-2) and Dabo cannot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wondering...

Dec 1, 2013, 10:29 AM

Do you see any difference between the Scar and FSU teams that Bowden beat and those teams today? Is it really an apples to apples comparison?

That answer is obvious. At least Dabo & Co. doesn't lose to wake forest or duke. You have to give him credit for that progress.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 12-0 FSU, 10-2 Clemson, reasonably similar teams, right?

Dec 1, 2013, 10:27 AM

Even the DV advantage didn't work against FSU or Sakerlina.

Dec 1, 2013, 10:29 AM

We lack consistency. Once we learn how to quit beating ourselves, we'll be ok.

Dec 1, 2013, 10:33 AM

Also keep in mind that until "Jayboo the theRAPIST" came along, Joe Blow fisher and FSU were just under achieving with great talent as well. Once Winston and all those great defenders are gone, they'll be right back to wandering in the wilderness all over again. But I do agree about CU and Dabo. He beat UGA when they were at full strength, Auburn when they were a peach bowl team, and a 3 win team and he beat an LSU team that was one dimensional offensively. Outside of that, he's built impressive win totals against arguably the weakest "power" conference in college football. For some CU fans, that combined with the good ole boy persona is more than enough to grant ole Dumbo a life time contract.

Replies: 5
| visibility 591
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic