Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Venables gameplan against Ohio St. (Do not copy)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Venables gameplan against Ohio St. (Do not copy)

Dec 13, 2019, 8:50 AM

After a lot of digging into Ohio St, two things JUMP out at me. A huge majority of their yardage is Fields throwing a pass, Fields running the ball, or Fields handing off to Dobbins. That's what they do pretty much every play.

My middle school basketball coach invented this defense one time when we played against a guy named DooDoo Thomas. DooDoo was amazing as a 7th grader. So we played what Coach Scotty called a "box and 1". It was pretty genius. One guy guarded DooDoo while everyone else played a zone. Needless to say, we shut them down.

Venables will likely translate this to football, except it will be "Double Box and 1 PLUS 1" which equals 11.

Basically, Muse takes Dobbins and Skalski takes Fields. Then we play a four man zone on the left side and a four man zone on the right side. Simmons will play the PLUS ONE position which is just all over the place in case we miss a tackle.

So if we eliminate Fields from running or passing. And we eliminate Dobbins from running. We can keep Ohio St under 50 yards for the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GENIUS!

Dec 13, 2019, 9:00 AM

this man needs a job right away!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables gameplan against Ohio St. (Do not copy)

Dec 13, 2019, 9:04 AM

They will score no matter what d we run, I just hope at the end we have one more point than the bucknuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 9:07 AM

you should have stopped at "Venables Gameplan"

;)

Dec 13, 2019, 9:08 AM

As long as OSU scores less than 50, we're good. CLEMSON crushes the hopes and dreams of the buckeye fans.

Dec 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

*Newsflash* - your middle school coach didn't invent the "Box & 1"

Dec 13, 2019, 9:10 AM

I can tell you slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 13, 2019, 9:25 AM

That is funny right there!

Dec 13, 2019, 9:11 AM

Don’t tell the bucknuts our secrets.....lol Brent Venables is enough said. He’s the best at shutting down an adjusting to buck-nuts small brained ideas....!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

I will do you one better though. Back in the early '90's I was still coaching our 8th grade team, we had some good size kids and one really special football player(this group went on to win 2 state championships). We were playing Abbeville and they had studs all over the place even in the 8th grade. They ran the veer/wishbone and did it extremely well. So as I gameplanned(do middle schools even do that anymore?) a scheme where we were a base "53" defense, for those that don't know that is 3 down linemen(NG and 2 DT's) and both Defensive ends are upright and 3 LB's. We were very good at it. But against Abbeville that year, I brought my 2 outside backers into B gap and created a 7 man front with my STUD being the single backer. The job of the 7 was to keep anyone off of #3 and let him roam sideline to sideline. First 2 plays of the game he knocked out 2 of their backs. It was a good old fashioned knockdown drag out game. The kids from both sides laid it on the line and we ended up winning 18-6 as #3 scored 3 TD's on offense also. We called it a 7-Diamond, I'm sure others have a different name for it but ISIAH SIMMONS was made for something like that!

Dec 13, 2019, 9:24 AM

Simmons would be great at that situation, but I think Skalski or Smith have enough speed to spy Fields which would allow Simmons a much broader range to wreak havoc.

#11 needs to spy Fields

Dec 13, 2019, 10:06 AM

Skalski and Smith are not quick enough.

May need Spector to play more in the Natty to cover that Helare kids out of the backfield.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 9:20 AM

After a lot of digging into Clemson, two things JUMP out at me. A huge majority of our yardage is Lawerence throwing a pass, Lawerence running the ball, or Lawerence handing off to ETN. That's what we do pretty much every play.

My middle school basketball coach invented this defense one time when we played against a guy named PooPoo Head. PooPoo was amazing as a 7th grader. So we played what Coach Tony called a "box and 1". It was pretty genius. One guy guarded PooPoo while everyone else played a zone. Needless to say, we shut them down.

Day will likely translate this to football, except it will be "Double Box and 1 PLUS 1" which equals 11 Warriors.

Basically, a safety takes ETN and a LB takes Lawerence. Then they play a four man zone on the left side and a four man zone on the right side. That good LB they have will play the PLUS ONE position which is just all over the place in case they miss a tackle.

So if they eliminate Lawerence from running or passing. And they eliminate ETN from running. They can keep us under 50 yards for the game.

Dec 13, 2019, 9:39 AM

Why would you help the enemy???

We’ve been copypasta’d***

Dec 13, 2019, 9:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew I shouldn't have posted this.

Dec 13, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Venables gameplan against Ohio St. (Do not copy) ]

Sorry if we lose.

Let me get this straight

Dec 13, 2019, 9:24 AM

A majority of the offensive yards come from either passing the ball or running the ball? Where else would they come from?

we’re going live to John Madden for this expert analysis***

Dec 13, 2019, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have not laughed this much in a long time. Go tigers!***

Dec 13, 2019, 9:32 AM

Dec 13, 2019, 9:40 AM

So their QB, RB and receivers do all the scoring on offense ? It seems so simple when explained.

Dec 13, 2019, 9:48 AM

You do realize Fields being a so called Dual Threat QB and Trevor being a Pocket Passer, Fields has less than 100 yards more rushing than Trevor and about 300 yards less passing. All the while playing about 90 minutes more during the season. The only real advantage is Fields has only thrown 1 Int. Trevor has eliminated the Int's. since mid season. So Fields really doesn't have an advantage.

A majority of our Offense is TL throwing a pass,

Dec 13, 2019, 9:50 AM

TL running the ball, or TL handing off to ETN. That's pretty much what we do every play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

brilliant***

Dec 13, 2019, 9:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dec 13, 2019, 10:05 AM

I played football with Doo Doo's older brother
A**wipe Thomas and his cousin Stinky Thomas.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic