Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"11/29/14" Was The day Clemson and South Carolina's football programs went in opposite directions...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

"11/29/14" Was The day Clemson and South Carolina's football programs went in opposite directions...

May 11, 2017, 2:07 AM

11/29/14 Was a day that us TIGERS should never ever forget. Three Clemson freshman Watson, Gallman & Scott went off on the Coots for a 35-17 Clemson Win. Watson in particular was amazing. He picked apart the Coots defense in Epic fashion on that beautiful Thanksgiving weekend literally on one Leg!!!!! That's just the stuff of legends! The Tigers delivered at home for the Clemson faithful a very long long overdue Victory snapping the dreadful 5 game losing streak against Usuck! It truly was a great win and as happy as us Clemson folks were, we didn't know how truly great that day was to come. That's because that was the day that the Gamecock football program officially died and the Clemson football program hit another gear. Now let's take a look at what we're talking about here. From the start of 2011 to 11/28/14 Usucks record was 39-11 (78.0%). Clemson Likewise was 40-11 (78.43%). Both were pretty dang good football teams during this time. Now let's take a look since Watson and the Gang officially killed the Coots. The Chickens have been a dismal 10-17 (37.03%) with 3 loses to Clemson (the latest by 49 points), 2 losing seasons and a home loss to the Citadel....... Meanwhile in Tigertown the Clemson football program has soared. Since 11/28/14 the Good Guys in Orange offer you a record of 30-2 (93.75%) with 6 top 10 victories, numerous player and coaching awards, 4 Bowl wins against historical powers, 2 ACC Titles, 2 national title game appearances & in early January of this year the Tigers climbed the mountain top and planted it's flag by winning it's second National Title in program history!!! On
11/29/14 order was officially restored for 2 football programs. Clemson Won the game that day snapping an awful 5 game losing streak and they soared into the future and South Carolina's program officially died reverting to it's old ways of it's first 115+ years on the Gridiorn. Sorry Coots your football program only had a lifespan of 5 years.

Go Tigers, Keep Pounding & GOD Bless Clemson!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "11/29/14

May 11, 2017, 6:07 AM

The actual date is probably 9/27/2014 when Deshaun took the reins and "hung 50" (remember that favorite coot phrase?} on UNC. It sent the coots into a frenzy when it was announced a one legged quarterback was going to start for Clemson against them. I think it was from the UNC game, the coots knew what was in store.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "11/29/14- not that others wont terrorize them

May 11, 2017, 7:15 AM

but Watson will give them nightmares for years

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: "11/29/14 ]

Yeah I remember they all turned into doctors and were giving medical advice on whether Deshaun should play or not

May 11, 2017, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "11/29/14 ]

The UNC game was a good too. It's funny how in Watson's first (UNC 2014) & last (Coots 2016) start in the Valley he each threw 6 TOUCHDOWNS. What a way to start and finish

May 11, 2017, 8:36 PM

Was a good game too***

May 13, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: "11/29/14 ]

From my recollection, it wasn't announced that he was one-legged until after the game. That made it all the more epic.

May 13, 2017, 11:53 AM

He came out with a knee brace on, and I think everyone knew the leg wasn't 100%.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

went in opposite directions...

May 11, 2017, 7:28 AM

Remember Motor City Coot and 18Whiner on TNET talking about how Spurrier had " changed the culture in Columbia, forever..." blah blah blah .
They've subsequently eaten those words and have other things to do I suppose , sunce their disappointment returned in November of 2014 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Spurrier inherited a sans-championship team and left it

May 11, 2017, 7:43 AM

a sans-championship team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: went in opposite directions...

May 12, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to went in opposite directions... ]

Yeah he sure changed the culture.

Sometimes you've got to feel for the coots.

May 13, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to went in opposite directions... ]

Dude is their hero, but he also left the program in shambles and took a leak on it on the way out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: " went in opposite directions..."

May 11, 2017, 7:44 AM

Thumbs up brother

I was thinking it was in '96.....

May 11, 2017, 8:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also remember Slurrier was so mad after the game that he

May 11, 2017, 8:45 AM

said that he may just retire within the next year or so. That started the decootment of a lot of their recruits within the next several months and the downward spiral that their program is currently in. It still hasn't hit rock bottom, but I think it's getting close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey...anybody can have a bad century (+)*********

May 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a funny article to read today....

May 11, 2017, 9:07 AM

"The long-term future of the rivalry is harder to determine, but given that the distance in resources between SEC and ACC schools is likely to continue to expand, I'm at the very least confident that the old days of this rivalry being dominated by Clemson are over."

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/2013/12/8/5180924/how-south-carolina-won-five-straight-over-clemson

Dabo, for all his rhetoric and platitudes, is simply not in the same class as the HBC. We will continue to dominate the series so long as these two are on the sidelines. Spurrier is having fun. I don’t see him leaving anytime soon.

Posted by jimbomac1 on Dec 9, 2013 | 8:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a nice gem from the comments LOL

May 11, 2017, 9:35 AM

While discussing how great they will be until Ole Ball Sack retires in like 10 years they discussed who they might get as coach after that. This comment sums up their delusions

"I don't like the idea of picking someone who hasn't been a HC before" and wait for it
"That's how you get a Muschamp..."

I love the Coots as a rival!

Funny comment below when discussing spurrier leaving...

May 11, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to this is a funny article to read today.... ]

I don't like the idea of picking someone who hasn't been a HC before
That’s how you get a Muschamp, or even worse, a Brad Scott.

Posted by Bender.Bending.Rodriguez on Dec 8, 2013 | 8:50 PM

GOLDEN!!!!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is a funny article to read today....

May 13, 2017, 9:26 AM [ in reply to this is a funny article to read today.... ]

I remember an article very similar to this one. It had something in it about how we were and were forever gonna be the Coots little brother. Lol Ben B. Disagreed! After 2 days of looking for it I'm gonna give up. Go Tigers

Re: this is a funny article to read today....

May 29, 2017, 4:27 PM [ in reply to this is a funny article to read today.... ]

I saw a coot moron on FB last night blabbering on and on about "The 5 streak" and it reminded me of this. It kinda amazes me. You are talking about an old streak against the Tigers and you currently have a 3 game losing streak against Clemson. That's all they have.

1819?***

May 11, 2017, 9:54 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: "11/29/14"

May 11, 2017, 9:41 PM

Best post of the day.....Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic