Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,969

Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ?

Aug 27, 2020, 3:11 PM

https://twitter.com/thebias_news/status/1299057465871331328

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ?

Aug 27, 2020, 3:51 PM

You know there's more than one issue in the world, right?

Bezos is worth about $150 billion and has killed more mom and pop businesses than Wal-Mart ever did. Up until recently Amazon's average wage was something like $13/hour and half his employees were on food stamps. They did grudgingly raise that to $15/hour but conditions in their warehouses are still tough; they track your every move with a digital app that measures your productivity and sends you to your next task...at one point not long past The Guardian was doing a weekly hit piece on them and you could hear Congress clearing their throat; Bezos was about to be made the poster boy example for corporate greed. Whatever leftist sentiment Bezos might possess he saves strictly for WaPo; he assuredly doesn't let it leak into his business practices.

He is, uhm, not exactly a hero to the left. WaPo or no. Some folks with a bit of cynicism in their hearts might suspect the Post is actuallyjust a tax write-off and Socially Conscious hood ornament for his corporate mega-machine.

As for who hates him this week, take your pick. It's a long list.

Aug 27, 2020, 4:31 PM

Conditions in their warehouses are tough? Have you ever been in one of their warehouses? Coal mining it ain’t. And last I checked, they weren’t forcing any of their employees to work there. Free to choose to leave and find another place of employment.

Aug 27, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ? ]

nm

Aug 27, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ? ]

It's a business, free enterprise like our country was founded upon. Trucking companies have used GPS to keep track of their trucks/drivers for years. Track employees in a warehouse is fine with me. You want to pay someone who is on tigernet all day long? Me either.
Mom and pops shops have to do things the big internet guys cannot do like be more specialized, be more hands on and more customizable in their products they offer to consumers.
Bezos just donated $10B to help fight climate change.
Walmart on the other hand offers their poorly trained employees sub $10 per hour to work there.
I side with Bezos.

Aug 27, 2020, 5:00 PM

I was not making judgment upon Bezos one way or another, just saying what the issues with him are. What side you come down on is on you - but as this thread has already shown, he has some pretty fierce critics and adherents...from both parties.

He didn't donate $10 billion, by the way...he pledged ten billion. Be interesting to see how long it takes...and how much of that $10 billion actually becomes checks that are cut...but it surely did make him look good, didn't it?
https://www.npr.org/2020/02/17/806720144/jeff-bezos-pledges-10-billion-to-fight-climate-change-planets-biggest-threat

10B to fight climate change?

Aug 28, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ? ]

ROFL.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ? ]

Pretty spot on with most of this Bezos analysis. The most succinct way to state why he is disliked by many on both sides of political divide- he is a capitalist who is an enemy of capitalism. Not sure what his motivations are. It may be the classic case of climb your way to the top of the ladder then burn the ladder behind you so no one else can reach your heights. It might also be simply misguided self preservation, where he thinks he can build a moat around himself from the mob by issuing leftist platitudes while operating his business to a different tune. My only critique to your analysis is that I think he volunteered 15/hr min wage and pushed for increasing legal min wage requirements bc he knew smaller competitors would be unable to compete if they had to do the same.

Aug 28, 2020, 7:05 AM

That part about the reasoning behind the 15/hour could well be true.

You could definitely feel the Congressional storm-clouds brewing over Amazon, regardless. Elizabeth Warren in particular was staring with slitted eyes at them and reaching for her hatchet; between Amazon's not-paying of taxes (they got like $290 million back from the government in 2019!), their poor wages while the government in turn propped Amazon up even further by providing assistance for thousands of employees not being paid a living wage, and then on top of which they're now starting to put their own products up alongside (and sometimes in preference to) the products of their vendors...well. Nobody would deny Liz has some pretty, uhm, controversial views when it comes to her mountain of proposed policies, but Amazon and Bezos were pretty much screaming at the top of their lungs to be her #1 trophy scalp. Trump sort of missed a golden opportunity to do his rival in, actually...if he'd actually found a way to make even a little nice with Warren at any point they could have done a dandy little massacre together because I think Warren and her anti-trust brigade hate Bezos more than even Trump does.

Whatever, Jeff definitely pulled out some snazzy PR moves to get out from under what was clearly coming his way. And it seems to have paid off; Bezos has made like another $50 billion just since COVID started.

No businessman with any sense lets leftist ideas

Aug 28, 2020, 1:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't they know Bezos(Wapo/Amazon) is on their side ? ]

seep into their company. Except the marketing department because leftists are gullible dupes who think a revolution can be sponsored by the system.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 4:11 PM

You think Bezos is on the left? Lol! The guy is trash.

HE IS THE TRASH THAT MAKES UP THE LEFT NOWADAYS

Aug 27, 2020, 4:14 PM

While Quo was eloquent as usual , the Left are a DO AS I SAY ,not as I do type party

Re: HE IS THE TRASH THAT MAKES UP THE LEFT NOWADAYS

Aug 27, 2020, 4:40 PM

I would say Bezos is a law - and a nation - pretty much unto himself right now.

Literally. I think I saw that his net worth was equal to the GDP of New Zealand.

I know binary right-and-left politics are how people are thinking right now, but to judge Bezos from his actions, he's pretty much interested in Jeff Bezos. He's apparently dead-set on going to space, too...which sounds fanciful, until you realize that he owns Blue Origin, which is developing both the Kuiper project and the AWS space unit and is expected to start going head-to-head with SpaceX in the near future.

Guys like Bezos could care less about right or left politics, IMHO. Him and Elon Musk are both headed to space in a big way...which is likely to make them the world's first trillionaires, entities far richer than anybody we've seen thus far, capable of buying and selling entire nations pretty much at will.

At that point politics are whatever they decide, you know?

So, in other words, "Don't hate the Left, because no one is

Aug 27, 2020, 5:31 PM

actually Left anymore, they're just themselves"?

LOL. Well, I must admit that's the most creative two step you've done so far in terms of trying to get people to ignore what the LEFT is trying to do to this country.

Clue 1: Politics in the US have virtually always been effectively binary, but with large separate undercurrents. This is nothing new at all.

Clue 2: Bezos isn't any different than virtually any other person with money or political power of the past. You think Nixon wasn't about only himself? Clinton? Harding? Obama? Truman? Trump? Or the Carnegies or Vanderbilts or Kennedys? etc. etc.

Clue 3: I'm betting that the People aren't going to want to give up their Two-party politics anytime soon. If they're smart, they won't. Multiple parties provides competitive capability to fight constrictive and communistic ideas that challenge Freedom. Ideas like making DC a State, or opening up drag laws, or giving up Anti-Trust. No government has ever existed without a challenge from at least one megalomaniac, so Gates and Bezos, et al are nothing new. You haven't won yet.

It is sad though that the undercurrent from Lefties like you is always about the People giving away their Freedoms to others. Once challenged however, you Normally deflect by saying, "Nothing to see here! Keep moving! Nothing to see!"

But this... this is new. It's about, "Nothing you can do about it here, so might as well get used to it!" Certainly a dystopian twist, even for you.

I guess I'm at the point where I wonder if you're not just one of those paid trolls who sits on a website to do nothing but try to Influence the mindless. I "met" one of this type a few years back: an atheist guy being paid to sit on YouTube comment streams, and to challenge any thinking that recognized God or Traditional Religions. He showed up on literally hundreds of Christian Music vids and virtually all vids from Evangelical types. After being challenged, he even bragged about a "6-figure guy". But like most evil, once outed into the light, he quickly disappeared.

Were it always that easy.

Re: So, in other words, "Don't hate the Left, because no one is

Aug 27, 2020, 5:59 PM

Sigh.

And T-net's most insane and least welcome new poster comes back in with the Full Crazy. Lucky me.

I've been here since '02, crazy fellow. You've been here since June...well, at least according to your registry. If you continue on your current pace, you'll be lucky to make it past September before the banhammer drops. (Just out of idle curiosity, if somebody's pulse hits zero, do they expire?)

...and I'm still a libertarian - not a "liberal" - no matter how many times you insist I am. I would explain the difference, but, well, you're crazy, and I would just have to explain it again tomorrow when you're off your meds again.

A Libertarian threatening the Banhammer - how ironic

Aug 27, 2020, 10:36 PM

Like I've said before, I don't care how well you write, it's still mostly just Dumb and Dumber sh*t at the end of the day.

And seriously, you guys - you, Carlsbad, bloodbeorange, whoever - can TD me as much as you like if that's what gets you through the day. Pulse means absolutely sh*t-all to me. Have at it.

I'm not at all here to be your friend - especially if you keep trying to fleece people with your dime-store political knowledge. Best.

What about Bill Gates?

Aug 27, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: HE IS THE TRASH THAT MAKES UP THE LEFT NOWADAYS ]

Isn't he planning on micro-chipping the entire world through vaccinations? ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The irony of Bill Gates curing viruses never gets old.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:03 PM

I heard they bought the guillotine on Amazon.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:00 PM

This may be the dumbest “I need a raise” pitch in history.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:44 PM

Rocket surgeons, if you cut the head off them man who signs your checks, he can’t sign the checks.

I just looked into the future...they don’t get the raise.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,969
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic