Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would not fall alseep on UNC this year, we may play them 2x.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

I would not fall alseep on UNC this year, we may play them 2x.

Jun 3, 2019, 7:09 PM

And if I know anything about Mack Brown, he already has us circled on his calendar and is probably calling in favors with his former colleagues to figure out a way to shock the college football world. He knows that the quickest way to jump start his coaching tenure would be to slay the biggest dragon.. And it is not like they are short on talent, they have enough athletes to makes things difficult. Combine this with a fired up Keenan Memorial Stadium and this one could go into the 4th quarter.

Remember to focus guys, we can NOT let games like this trip up our national championship run.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last time Keenan was fully fired up

Jun 3, 2019, 7:10 PM

Was in '81 with LT and company. 12-8...did 'em no good.

Nothing close to a repeat this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last time Keenan was fully fired up

Jun 3, 2019, 7:12 PM

still, we are circled on their calendar, and that could really factor into this.

Jun 3, 2019, 7:25 PM

You're kidding right? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

I’m sorry, but those argyle patterns always seem to intimidate our players. Maybe it’s the fact they’re the real Carolina - I mean, our guys seem to get pretty squirmy and choky around Sakerlina, much less the one that’s the former home of Larry Fedora (“former” doesn’t make the fact less sobering, I’m afraid). We’re gonna need a few balls to bounce our way for sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Jun 4, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

Yeah, well i got my colonoscopy circled on my calendar...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 6:28 AM

Smart move. You’ll be sure to win it since you circled it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we know what kind of calendar he has?

Jun 23, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

Cute puppies & kittens? Landscape photos of New England? Or maybe something a little more "PG-13" to appeal to his players?

It could make a big difference

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10-8... I was there***

Jun 3, 2019, 8:41 PM [ in reply to The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was too. In the middle of the Rams club - wearing as

Jun 3, 2019, 9:13 PM

much orange as humanly possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I didn't get to go to that game because I had to take the

Jun 4, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to 10-8... I was there*** ]

SAT that Saturday morning, after our high school homecoming game the Friday night before that Saturday. In my opinion that was the best game in terms of facing a tough opponent we played that entire season. If Kelvin Bryant had been healthy, which if I recall correctly the already lame running back was hurt but Jeff Davis put an exclamation point on that injury, that game might have gone the other way.

I went home after the SAT and took my fast food to eat in front of the tv by myself to watch that one on tv while the rest of my family went to North Carolina. That game didn't disappoint. We had an incredible defense that year and we needed it! NC State played us tough that season too in Death Valley. We ended up beating them 17-7, again it was that awesome defense that pulled us through, but on that very cold October afternoon I was very worried about that one as Danny Ford always seemed to kind of struggle vs NC State.

Back then the ACC had a lot fewer teams but among the teams we had, UNC, Maryland, and NC State used to play us tough in football. We were the best team in the conference after the mid 70's if I remember correctly until we asked Georgia Tech and then FSU in the conference. GT played us tough too and for what seemed like forever after DF left we got thumped by FSU every year as they dominated the conference during the Bobby Bowden days.

Re: I didn't get to go to that game because I had to take the

Jun 23, 2019, 4:55 PM

I didn't go to that game because I had just returned from a long trip the night before and too tired to make the trip. My wife and daughter went and I watched it on the telly.

The Tarheels better start worrying about the Gamechickens before spending all of their worries on the Tigers.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! gt - I have the same story. I took the SAT that day and

Jun 24, 2019, 12:08 PM [ in reply to I didn't get to go to that game because I had to take the ]

therefore missed the chance to go. It's funny the things you remember...and the things you don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LT was an NFL rookie in 81***

Jun 3, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

nope.. back in 96 & 97 Kenan was rocking about as much as it ever did (last time UNC had (3) consecutive wins over the Tigers)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to The last time Keenan was fully fired up ]

10-8 in ‘81, and Keenan was fully fired up during Brown’s first tenure there. Balm is right about not sleep walking through this one.

Re: I would not fall alseep on UNC this year, we may play them 2x.

Jun 3, 2019, 7:19 PM

Agree - TBalm ... Their recruiting is not too shabby - either ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 3, 2019, 7:23 PM

He also has a lot of friends over at ESPN, I would not be shocked if this game kicked off at 10:30 AM.

Jun 3, 2019, 7:38 PM

TBalm, I respect ya and think highly of ya, but tell me you are trolling. I believe you are and will play along until our 40+ win.

UNC probably has the most experienced coaching staff

Jun 3, 2019, 7:47 PM

in the country, most of them are over 70. And Mack Brown is not scared of Clemson.

I bet Mack still runs the Oklahoma drill and thinks

Jun 4, 2019, 2:51 AM

Targeting is a cornerstone of defense

Really...?***

Jun 3, 2019, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I would not fall alseep on UNC this year, we may play them 2x. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really...?***

Jun 24, 2019, 6:41 AM

It’s the hair. Hair like that engenders respect. Much like Nacho Libre’s hair.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 7:37 PM

The Heels will be my favorite team on the planet on 8/31 when they play the Coots. I would love nothing more than to see Chump lose yet again to another one of those "weak ACC teams."

Jun 24, 2019, 3:39 AM

Tim317 said:

The Heels will be my favorite team on the planet on 8/31 when they play the Coots. I would love nothing more than to see Chump lose yet again to another one of those "weak ACC teams."

That would make 3 losses in a row to the “weak” ACC. Us, Virginia, UNCheat.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 7:38 PM

Went there the year the got up 17-0 on us. I think Mac had left by then. Willie Simmons brought us back to win though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was at that one too, 74TIGER (2000) . . .

Jun 3, 2019, 10:04 PM

My wife and our two boys were with me . . . After the game I had to reprimand 4 Clemson Students walking back to our cars . . . The students were yelling obscenities accompanied by lewd jestures . . . and yes, there was alcohol involved

I quietly put my arm around the biggest and loudest kid in the bunch and said, "We are Clemson . . . Act like you've done this before . . . children are watching you at all times."

With that said, I dropped back a step and took my wife's hand and continued to the car. Each Clemson Student turned and apologized to my wife and boys . . . My bride thanked them . . . as we parted, I reminded them that children are always watching.

It was a great day to be a Tiger!!!

p.s. Rod Gardner had a heck off a game w/ 3 TDs!!!

p.s.s. The last time I went to Chapel Hill to watch our Tigers play football was 2010 . . . we lost 16-21
(J.Brown was our only bright spot . . . and 87 missed holding calls on the heels!!!)

Re: Was at that one too, 74TIGER (2000) . . .

Jun 3, 2019, 10:29 PM

And 87 may actually be underestimating - Skeeta !

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

The job is that more difficult when you remember their athletes

Jun 3, 2019, 7:39 PM

aren't student athletes. All they have to do is play ball. Thanks, Swofford.

Thoughts tarheeledtiger ?

There's something in these hills.

Jun 3, 2019, 7:42 PM

I don’t think the Tigers mentality will be anything but business when they play UNCheat. Let’s see how Brown handles the Coots before getting all excited.

Jun 3, 2019, 7:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is is one of my favorite basketball schools...

Jun 3, 2019, 7:46 PM

But Clemson is currently my favorite football school, so I’m gonna have to pull for the Tigers in this matchup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I just don't want you to get your hopes up this year

Jun 3, 2019, 7:50 PM

we have vulnerabilities in our defensive trench.

Who's trench...? Maybe you should discuss this with the DLs. ***

Jun 3, 2019, 8:33 PM

Re: I just don't want you to get your hopes up this year

Jun 3, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to I just don't want you to get your hopes up this year ]

And they have vulnerabilities all over the place.

True except Mack is old and out of touch

Jun 3, 2019, 7:52 PM

And UNC will have trouble with usuck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of you must not be able to read.

Jun 3, 2019, 8:14 PM

He said, THEY HAVE THE GAME CIRCLED ON THEIR CALENDARS. That's ominous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salty: Lawrence Taylor was a Rookie playing with the Giants

In 1981. His last year playing for The Peoples Republic of Chapel Hill was 1980.

Re: Salty: Lawrence Taylor was a Rookie playing with the Giants

Jun 3, 2019, 8:38 PM

Good catch.

Yeah...the only part I got

Jun 3, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Salty: Lawrence Taylor was a Rookie playing with the Giants ]

Right was the decade and the Cheat's points. But...Tigers won...that's the key stat!

and they beat us in the Valley in 80 with incredible defense***

Jun 3, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Salty: Lawrence Taylor was a Rookie playing with the Giants ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

old? yep. out of touch? nope

Jun 6, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to True except Mack is old and out of touch ]

but i will be surprised if UNC wins more than 3-4 games this year

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26753859/mack-brown-back-unc-run-program

old 'out of touch' Mack now has a top-10 recruiting class

Jun 23, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to True except Mack is old and out of touch ]

http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

Re: old 'out of touch' Mack now has a top-10 recruiting class

Jun 23, 2019, 6:26 PM

You do realize your current ranking is due more to the number of commitments rather than the quality of those commitments. North Carolina is currently ranked No 9 on Rivals with 5 four stars, 12 three stars and 2 two stars with an average of 3.16 and a total of 1668 points. Meanwhile, Clemson. with 18 commitments has an average of 4.11 and a total of 2661 points.

On 247, South Carolina, with 14 commitments, has an average of 89.46 compared to an average of 87.09 for the Tarheels.

After signing day, the Tarheels will probably end up ranked in the upper teens or twenties.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: old 'out of touch' Mack now has a top-10 recruiting class

Jun 24, 2019, 10:07 AM

i don't pay any attention to recruiting minutia ...

just caught a headline on ESPN the other day about the Heels having a top-10 class and thought it was a good chance to poke fun at the 'old and out of touch' commentator :)

yes, Mack is old... but everything i'm reading suggests he is anything but 'out of touch'

We'll beat 'em twice then. Once with TLaw, once with CB7.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 8:41 PM

We will not fall asleep. But coach Brown may be snoozing when the Tigers are up by 28.

Jun 3, 2019, 9:09 PM

So how does a bunch Tigernet posters focusing on the game improve our chance of winning?

Re: Correct me if I am wrong

Jun 3, 2019, 9:20 PM

but most teams have had us circled on their calendar since 2015.

Jun 3, 2019, 9:17 PM

Mack Brown should worry about
beating the Coots first !

I fell asleep reading all this!***

Jun 3, 2019, 10:30 PM

Jun 4, 2019, 6:13 AM

I hope it’s a day game or Mack is going to miss the early bird special.

Jun 4, 2019, 7:04 AM

Heheheh.

What do you call it when the sheep encircle the tiger? A buffet.

Jun 4, 2019, 7:31 AM

Balm, bless your heart. You obviously have never had to work or visit North Carolina. Those fans do NOT even discuss football during football season. It is BBall year-round. They might be the weirdest fans I have ever witnessed. They do not realize that you're supposed to talk FOOTBALL year-round, even during BBall and bball seasons. What's wrong with these peeps?

Jun 4, 2019, 8:57 AM

Screw Calford.

Brown is good but needs more than1yr. We shouldn't

Jun 4, 2019, 9:07 AM

sleep on anyone

I don't care how many times they circle us on the schedule,

Jun 4, 2019, 9:28 AM

they don't have the horses to pull it off in any universe. Besides that, Mack Brown is the most overrated coach of the last 20 years. He's Mark Richt's and Jimbo Fisher's role model for doing less with a lot more than 98% of the other programs in the country. Just like Jameis Winston was the nut that blind squirrel Fisher found, Vince Young was Brown's nut. Neither coach would've sniffed a NC w/out a couple guys who played above their coaching.

Brown went 30-21 his last 4 years at Texas and we're supposed to believe he magically got the fire back in his belly? And at a program that went 13-23 the last 3 years? K.

He'll make them better but just about any coach would. Mack Brown's best days are long behind him. It's why he left Texas. He ain't ready for Dabo and the Clemson Tigers, and he may never be.

Re: I don't care how many times they circle us on the schedule,

Jun 23, 2019, 7:08 PM

they don't have the horses to pull it off in any universe. Besides that, Mack Brown is the most overrated coach of the last 20 years. He's Mark Richt's and Jimbo Fisher's role model for doing less with a lot more than 98% of the other programs in the country. Just like Jameis Winston was the nut that blind squirrel Fisher found, Vince Young was Brown's nut. Neither coach would've sniffed a NC w/out a couple guys who played above their coaching.

Brown went 30-21 his last 4 years at Texas and we're supposed to believe he magically got the fire back in his belly? And at a program that went 13-23 the last 3 years? K.

He'll make them better but just about any coach would. Mack Brown's best days are long behind him. It's why he left Texas. He ain't ready for Dabo and the Clemson Tigers, and he may never be.

To be fair, they played Alabama in the 2009 National Championship game as well and were moving the ball with ease until Colt McCoy got hurt early.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:46 AM

UNC will be lucky to make a bowl game this year.

2x? How about a 3rd time in the playoff or championship?!?!?***

Jun 4, 2019, 9:52 AM

I agree that could be a tough game but in all my trips to

Jun 4, 2019, 10:34 AM

Keenan I've never seen it even close to "fired up" but perhaps they could hold a basketball scrimmage in the Dean dome and pump that crowd noise in over the loud speakers at Keenan and the dozen or so fans in Keenan would then sound "fired up."

Jun 4, 2019, 1:15 PM

Case Brice will play most of the second half of this game .
CU-41
UNC- 17

Jun 4, 2019, 1:24 PM

Welllllllll, i wish i was an apple....Hangin on a tree.....then every time Mack Brown walked by,....He'd take a biiiiiite of meeeeeee.

You're right. I don't think we'll be able to

Jun 4, 2019, 1:33 PM

win by more the four TDs.

Re: Its a snoozer

Jun 23, 2019, 11:09 AM

UNC is like UVA. I attended the last UVA game at UVA and their fans were saying "I think we have a chance". I smiled and said "you know you are a basketball school and we are a football school, right?" After the thorough humiliation they said "your third string qb would start for us (the Chad) and thank god we don't play you again for about 7 years" BTW bought 50 yard line seats for $20.

Jun 23, 2019, 11:41 AM

If we play them twice, we will beat them twice.

Jun 23, 2019, 2:19 PM

We're the 5th game of the season. We'll have few surprises from the Tarholes by then as they will have played the Coots, Miami, WF, and Ap St before us. If the Coots beat them or they struggle in the two games before ours then I love our chances.

Mack Brown's so old he probably circled the wrong caldendar.

Jun 23, 2019, 2:29 PM

Boy is he going to be surprised.

Jun 23, 2019, 5:16 PM

If anyone in Chapel Hill has that date circled then they must have announce the Blue White basketball game for that weekend.

This thread is evidence many

Jun 23, 2019, 7:15 PM

Need refresher lessons in sarcasm.

Jun 23, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I would not fall alseep on UNC this year, we may play them 2x. ]

I met Laurence Taylor in 1993. I was playing golf with a group at Tidewater and stopped for a beer at the turn. I was sitting at the bar and LT sits down beside me. He immediately tells the young lady behind the bar, "Give me a drink." She asks, "What kind of drink?" LT says, "I don't care, and make it a double."
I laughed and told him I went to Clemson when he was at UNC. He asked if I was there with William Perry and all that group? I told him we were the same age. We talked for about 5 minutes before I went to number 10. He is a nice guy.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 23, 2019, 9:41 PM

We will play them twice, once in football, once in basketball.

Jun 24, 2019, 5:55 AM

I would take it a step further and say we can’t sleep on any team we play this season. Going undefeated is very hard to do. We have seen this recently in seasons with losses to Pitt and Syracuse. We are always ‘one bad game’ away from allowing it to happen. Thankfully the coaching staff we have now does a much better job at getting the team prepared for every team regardless of potential strength. Every game has to be treated with the importance of a one game playoff for the post season.

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic