Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Many More "Losses" can Dabo take??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

How Many More "Losses" can Dabo take??

Dec 9, 2012, 10:32 PM

I like Dabo, but there are some trends that I see and maybe I am just being a worry wart.

We have been gradually losing out on top in State recruits to the Coots...

Although we have did pull not a "Clemson", we still aren't winning signature non-ACC games....

Our Bowl Record Under Dabo is not good....

We have lost 4 straight to the coots...

Kudos to 2 10 win seasons and a ACC title last year.....but are we really better than we were?

Lastly, we lost Harbison in what appears to be a Lateral move to bad team that will be running the same type of offense.......Our recruiting will probably take a hit

If Dabo loses one or both of our Coordinators in an upcoming 2013 that should be a great year for Clemson, then what does than say about Dabo, Clemson the ACC or all?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

It means his coaches don't take him serious***

Dec 9, 2012, 10:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? That's what you think it means?

Dec 9, 2012, 10:55 PM

It couldn't possibly mean Harbison has an opportunity to coach with his best friend, who happened to be the best man at his wedding?

If Chad or Brent get a head coaching job, a promotion, it means they don't take Dabo seriously?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he meant it for a joke, just a bad one.***

Dec 9, 2012, 10:58 PM

Dude you need to take your medication! Your sarcasm meter

Dec 9, 2012, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Really? That's what you think it means? ]

Is deff broken!

As much hate as you spew everyday, it is hard to tell

Dec 9, 2012, 11:03 PM

when you're being sarcastic or just yourself.

Here's a secret and pass it on to all your friends.....

Dec 9, 2012, 11:09 PM

About half of what I put on here is sarcastic. It's done just to get a rise out of all you people that get easily ticked and are so sensitive! You will know when I'm serious. At 46 percent of the ppl do by my pulse measuring. It's all for fun man. Now, hopefully with u knowing that.... I won't have to explain myself again and you will just say, that's ole LT just being Old LT.

Some people just don't have much of a life,

Dec 10, 2012, 7:00 AM

They feel by being sarcastic or needling others it makes them feel better about their shortcomings. Hey but whatever makes your boat float litle man.

If Wendy's offered you a register position, would you leave

Dec 9, 2012, 10:57 PM [ in reply to It means his coaches don't take him serious*** ]

your french fry station at Burger King?

null

Just like you don't take English seriously?***

Dec 9, 2012, 11:33 PM [ in reply to It means his coaches don't take him serious*** ]

what in the world are you talking about?***

Dec 9, 2012, 11:35 PM [ in reply to It means his coaches don't take him serious*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do you come up with THIS???????

Dec 10, 2012, 7:40 AM [ in reply to It means his coaches don't take him serious*** ]

N/M

It says they are well thought of coaches. It shows that

Dec 9, 2012, 10:49 PM

Dabo makes good choices for assistant coaches, and that
will be the case again if it is necessary to make new hires.

Grrr. So, what does one suggest? That we go back to the way

Dec 9, 2012, 10:49 PM

things were? I think people are forgetting 6-5, 7-5 seasons & how bad thing were getting then.

If we keep alienating the coaches & players we do have, that is exactly where things are going to lead or worse. I guarantee it.

Good point. Glad Dabo got rid of those 7 win seasons.

Dec 9, 2012, 11:34 PM

Crazy to think you have to go back so far to find our last losing season.

Or maybe our bad long term memories are nothing compared to your terrible short term memory.

Shows a tremendous evaluator of coaches and that we

Dec 9, 2012, 10:56 PM

are building a program the right way by his success.

Re: How Many More "Losses" can Dabo take??

Dec 9, 2012, 11:26 PM

Here's what I have a problem with. I thought we were paying Morris 1.3 million to "buy" his loyalty for at least a few years to help us get a job done. He has certainly done a good job, but it is not finished...we could have kept him for a year-or-two for a lot less $$$.

If, in fact, and I don't know, he is interviewing for several jobs then doesn't that indicate that he wants out of Clemson? We are going to be in a h*** of a mess if he bolts just before Spring practice. Maybe Dabo ought to let him go and put the pressure on him to find employment without a 1.3 million salary to fall back on. Surely, we can find someone who really wants to be at Clemson for that kind of $$$. I guess the peoblem there is we would have to buy him out...doesn't sound like we made a sound deal with Morris.

Dec 10, 2012, 6:36 AM

Morris has said his objective is to be a HC. He is going through the process by being an OC at a major university. He could have been an OC at most major schools but he chose Clemson which says a lot for Dabo. Dabo recognizes Chad's capabilities and that is why he makes what he makes. IMHO he does the interview "thing" for the experience so that when the right position comes along he will be totally prepared and can make "one" move instead of many.In my business career before I retired, I interviewed from time to time with the competition to get a flavor of their mindset so I could be better prepared in my own position. Chad will be here for one more year and then he probably is gone. There are other coaches out there that run the same system that could be available to become an OC to replace Chad when he leaves.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glass half full type of guy, huh?

Dec 9, 2012, 11:35 PM

You're making it sound like his coaching tenure has been a total failure when he's put together two 10 win seasons in a row and won the conference for the first time in 20 years. Recruiting has actually been very good, and we're losing coaches because we actually have good coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In This case the Glass Truly is Half full

Dec 10, 2012, 6:26 AM

A lot of questions unanswered...

Would Dabo be 10-2 if the ACC was as tough from top to bottom as it was with Bowden?

When Bowden was in charge even Wake was winning ACC titles....

Re: glass half full type of guy, huh?

Dec 10, 2012, 6:36 AM [ in reply to glass half full type of guy, huh? ]

Now, that is a good and accurate post, IMHO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sky is falling -- the sky is falling!

Dec 9, 2012, 11:38 PM

We're doomed!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10-2 and we're doomed***

Dec 9, 2012, 11:38 PM

10-2 but of those 10 wins, name one over a *quality*

Dec 10, 2012, 1:13 AM

opponent. I'm as die-hard as the next guy but let's be real here. Ball State is the most respectable win we have. Every other team we beat is .500 or worse. Not our fault other teams suck but if we were really THAT good, there wouldn't have been games where we won by 7 (AUB), 14 (BC & NCSU), and 16 (GT). Those should have been BLOWOUTS ala Duke and Wake.

We're 0-2 vs Top 25 teams, more than likely 0-3 after the bowl game (as a fan, realist and handicapper - that's an HONEST assessment).

Hooray for hitting double-digit wins, but
1)There are 12 games a season now (13 with a conf champ or bowl, 14 if both) so hitting 10 wins isn't as impressive as it used to be

2)When you're feasting on sh!t teams to get those 10 wins, it doesn't say much.

Put up or shut up against REAL opponents - THEN we can brag about 10-2. I hate to say it but LSWho has a MUCH better reason to be proud about 10-2 than we do.

Dec 10, 2012, 5:07 AM

Fortunately this year there were none of those "We pulled another Clemson" type losses.But losses to highly ,or higher ranked opponents is a bit disturbing.
Ex.Last years win over Auburn came against a team in decline,and both of our wins over Va.Tech came,imo,against Beamer squads which were just not as good as previous seasons.
This year while 10-2 we had no quality wins.
And it's the word "quality" that has me concerned.

Dec 10, 2012, 6:51 AM

We had a 80th rank pass defense people!!! Coach Cheese needed to be gone. Our safeties and corners playing with poor technique all season. Charlie leaving is best way not to get fired.

Somebody posted Cheese's work history the other day. It

Dec 10, 2012, 6:53 AM

looked like he never stays anywhere more than two years. As for the product he put on the field, I think we can do better. As a recruiter, he's solid, but we can do all right in that regard, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

we are better than we were last year

Dec 10, 2012, 7:08 AM

Of course we were not very good last year

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize Harbison needed to go, right???

Dec 10, 2012, 8:38 AM

And given the fact that from 1991-2007 Clemson was 132-82-1 (.614) and 5-8 in bowl games (.385) Dabo looks pretty dang good.

Dabo is 39-21 (.650) including his interim numbers.

Dan Hawkins was 53-11 at Boise State....Very Impressive W/L

Dec 10, 2012, 8:57 AM

But where is he now?

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic