Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1 to 10 what is your level of concern with OL recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

1 to 10 what is your level of concern with OL recruiting

Jul 14, 2018, 8:00 PM

1 being not a concerned

10 being full freakout

Tigers just lost another target today. Not that many out there according to TigerNet list:
https://www.tigernet.com/2019-Clemson-Football-Targets

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1 to 10 what is your level of concern with OL recruiting

Jul 14, 2018, 8:01 PM

5***

Jul 14, 2018, 8:31 PM

1***

Jul 14, 2018, 8:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zilch...

Jul 14, 2018, 8:39 PM

Outta my hands...same as the games. I just 'fan'...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zilch...

Jul 25, 2018, 6:28 PM

That's just too easy.

lol

0***

Jul 14, 2018, 8:38 PM

That is for our coaches to figure out, and it's not my job to recruit for the O line!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 0***

Jul 14, 2018, 8:51 PM

Zero "concern" on anything involving recruiting. If the last six years hasn't proved anything to the "sky is falling" crowd, nothing will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be true, but...

Jul 15, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to 0*** ]

as soon as I get to that point, I don't care any more and won't watch any longer.

Jul 14, 2018, 9:07 PM

0...Signing day is still so so far off.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:56 PM

Ditto

Jul 14, 2018, 9:30 PM

10, Ive been losing sleep just thinking about it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 9:42 PM

Doesn't cross my mind til I log onto tnet and read posts from the sky is falling crowd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9. it's the only thing we need to rip bamas face off

Jul 14, 2018, 10:33 PM

Every year in the CFP

Jul 14, 2018, 10:50 PM

Two at the moment. In other words a bit anxious, but signing day is still five months ahead. We have a season and good results to enhance our chances. The staff is certainly aware of our immediate and long term needs at every position.

I have a wait and see attitude.

Go Tigers!

1***

Jul 14, 2018, 10:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 14, 2018, 11:41 PM

Jul 15, 2018, 1:14 AM

null

Message was edited by: GSCtiger

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 6:39 AM

I would say a 5. I am concerned, however every recruit who doesn't choose us makes me question why they did not choose Clemson.
OL concerns me because it is that one piece that we have not perfected yet. Well, the secondary always concerns me. Anyways, if we could recruit up to the level of wr or qb, in those two areas, we could easily be a dynasty.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

We haven’t been actively recruiting Keondre Jones for months

Jul 15, 2018, 6:49 AM

Coaching staff saw something they didn’t like and I have full trust in their judgement.

Jul 15, 2018, 7:57 AM

I just took some valium. I'm cool. 3

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 8:48 AM

More concerned about poor blocking by backs and receivers.

Jul 15, 2018, 8:55 AM

Yeah I’m not really concerned mainly because there’s nothing I can do about it. Do I think the staff is concerned- darn right. But gotta trust they’ll adjust and get some guys in here.

I’m more shocked they’re not lining up to get here with a qb like TLaw knowing it’ll be a lot of recognition.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:34 AM

7 need some athletic monsters on the Oline just like the DL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:42 AM

I don't think the staff is concerned. They are working too hard to worry, they just take care of business. None of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 10:48 AM

I didn’t say they were worried. I said they’re concerned. If they weren’t concerned, they wouldn’t be working.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:44 AM

A lot of guys fall off the list like the guy here but let's see we have a 5 star tackle come in this year and he is 3rd on the depth chart and yet we had a guy named Anchrum who was a 3 star and he came in he turned the coaches heads the first day he stepped on the field. Clemson could have all their o-line recruits committed if that were the goal but they'd be the back up plan. Not one person on this board has any idea what it takes to coach or recruit on the offensive line in the college football world. I like the responses that say they have no idea because it's the truth any other answer than that proves you are nothing more than a fanatic. I hate to be blunt but after what Dabo has done for this university to question who he takes and why is idiotic. I looked up the number the other day because of people like the ones on here crying about this recruit and that recruit and what I found was there are over 270,000 football playing high school seniors in the country. I think Rivals has about 19,000 in their database and of that 19,000 one could assume maybe 5,000 of those have actually had their tape studied. So you do the math, how many great football players are there out there that have never been seen yet a lot of you guys act like these recruiting services who admit that sometime the only thing they rate guys on is their offer list are the end all when it comes to recruiting so you can go out and make fun of other teams or dog your rival. If that wasn't the case you'd let the results on the field speak for themselves. Some other things for you. Being recruited by and being offered are 2 completely different things. A lot of these kids get offered in their sophomore and junior years and a lot of times the players regress or don't progress the way the coaches thought so instead of pulling an offer they just quit recruiting the kid. Also why these other coaches are using OV's during the spring Dabo is keeping his until the fall so that clemson can be fresh on these guys mind before they're set to commit. Who cares if a team gets out in front in the spring or even if a kid commits in the spring because signing day isn't until December and when you still have all your OV's in your back pocket it makes it that much better. I know telling some of you to quit acting like 5 year old little girls that want to go to school and show all your friends the new Barbie you just got is like telling someone to quit breathing but please quit acting like 5 year old little girl who wants to go to school and show you friends the new Barbie you just got.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:11 AM

Put it this way, this guy is ranked the number 1 C in the next NFL draft. He is listed as a center here out of HS, went to KState, a 3 star, and 509th in the nation. You just never know. I bet there are a bunch of 3 stars on here in the mix.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dalton-Risner-30343/high-school-49568

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OT.php

Jul 15, 2018, 10:58 AM

Well said. Great article. There was an nfl article posted last week that was a great read on nfl oline and dline.

I'll bet I can find some 2 and 3 star players that

Jul 15, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: 1 to 10 what is your level of concern with OL recruiting ]

never went to the NFL too.

Re: I'll bet I can find some 2 and 3 star players that

Jul 15, 2018, 11:28 AM

Yep....very few make it. That said, look at that list of OT's for the 2019 draft and I bet there are a bunch of 3 stars in the mix too. I think the OL is tougher to predict than the WR position. There are more diamonds in the rough. So many OL are still growing and coming into their own.

somebody posted a great article about this

Jul 21, 2018, 8:05 AM

The 3 star linemen that have the frame and quick feet pan out just as often as the 5 stars.

There is a pretty big bust rate for the super heavy players that get pumped up by recruiting services.

The evaluations on OL are the toughest of any position. I think the most important thing is having the athleticism and intelligence. Some of these guys take 2-3 years to grow into the position.

Jul 15, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: 1 to 10 what is your level of concern with OL recruiting ]

Good post TA.

Honestly, I think some of it is tnet and tci staffs interview these fellas that are hyped up and all up on clemson etc. and say how much the coaches want them here yada yada and then all of a sudden we get another post saying xyz went to another school. That is disappointing to hear and I don’t have a problem with people stating their disappointment.

Dabo and staff are the first to admit they’re disappointed and reviewing their process all the time.

Jul 15, 2018, 11:26 AM

With our system, maybe about a 4 or 5!

Jul 15, 2018, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 4:36 PM

Reason being...
I don't believe we have one of the top 3 OL in the ACC, let alone the country.
But with so much talent at most positions, it will hide alot of your weaknesses.
Which showed in a big way against teams like Bama.

Jul 20, 2018, 7:01 PM

Line depth is G HEAVY, 6

Jul 25, 2018, 6:03 PM

Great question. Probably a 2 or maybe just a 1. It would be nice to get in on some of these 5 star OL guys more regularly but with what the team has been doing during the Dabo era I'm ALL IN with whatever........

Jul 25, 2018, 6:09 PM

1- not a conc

Jul 26, 2018, 8:04 PM

Jul 26, 2018, 10:00 PM

I'll leave this to the coaches. It's rarely our strength, nothing new here. We have to play our game. Dabo does it very well.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic