Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#1 reason Dabo will not leave Clemson for Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,816

#1 reason Dabo will not leave Clemson for Bama

May 1, 2018, 8:44 AM

He is not willing to cheat to sustain the level of success they demand at Bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 reason Dabo will not leave Clemson for Bama

May 1, 2018, 8:51 AM

Its not that they cheat as much as what they do eventually gets in the rules as a "you cant thing". Just ahead of the curve or law if you prefer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because the oculus wills it to be so***

May 1, 2018, 9:01 AM

May 1, 2018, 9:17 AM

Nope, the real reason is simple, only a fool would want to replace a legend. You may want to replace the guy that replaced the legend when he gets fired for failure to win as the legend was doing when he retired. Dabo has built this, he owns it and this is why he will stay because he does not have to live in the legends shadow.

May 1, 2018, 6:00 PM

Exactly. No one wants to be the guy to follow Saban. You want to be the guy who followed the guy who followed Saban.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 9:24 AM

You are all wrong - Dabo holds loyalty/commitment as an important trait. Clemson gave Dabo his chance. He will never forget it.

Reasons 2 and 3

Loves the area, the school, and the people.

He can win just as much at Clemson - he's proved that

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that. I think Dabo's personality

May 1, 2018, 9:26 AM

and beliefs are more welcome here and accepted than they might be at many universities

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with that. I think Dabo's personality

May 1, 2018, 10:18 AM

You are right. Clemson is a family with a heart. Bama is a machine without a heart.

And because he's allergic to

May 1, 2018, 9:30 AM

deer antler spray.

May 1, 2018, 10:20 AM

Says his tax bracket is high enough already

and who wants to be the first coach to follow a Legend......

May 1, 2018, 10:28 AM

at a school? Even though Dabo's becoming a legend himself, why would he give up being on top at Clemson for what may not transfer to Alabama? Can he really do much better there?

We all know the bottom line is it comes down to what he (and his family) want to do. We can't predict.

May 1, 2018, 10:40 AM

Winning another Natty at Clemson would seal the deal IMO.

May 1, 2018, 10:41 AM

For staying at CU that is.

At the risk of confounding logic I'll say that...

May 1, 2018, 10:58 AM

I believe at this point there may likely be cheating at Bama but if Dabo took that program he could change the nature to what we enjoy here at Clemson. Bama wouldn't lose anything but the cheating.

I am satisfied that eventually Bama would be better with Dabo than it is now with Saban. Imo, Saban could not have done what Dabo has done here without cheating. One qualification for coaching at Clemson since the fiasco in the 1980s was integrity. They didn't have to be good coaches but they had to be honest.

I'd say Dabo's number one reason to not coach at Alabama can be all summed up with something the old folks use to say. "A burnt hen stays away from the fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the risk of confounding logic I'll say that...

May 1, 2018, 1:21 PM

Saban doesn’t want to know a thing about what the Bama boosters do with all their money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: At the risk of confounding logic I'll say that...

May 1, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to At the risk of confounding logic I'll say that... ]

How exactly are they cheating? Please provide links that are actual proof of them cheating in order to sustain theur success.

That's Dabo's alma mater and his home state, of course he could leave.

May 1, 2018, 11:54 AM

We're discussing the coach who will replace the legendary coach at Alabama, but when Dabo retires at Clemson (many years from now), just imagine the pressure of his replacement having to follow a legendary coach. Alabama already had a legendary history before Saban's arrival. We've only had a blip or two in our past history.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 1:24 PM

Dabo looks ahead and cares for others. He will likely have his replacement ready if we will accept another non-“big name D1 successful head coach after a national search” to take over such a storied program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dabo isn't leaving Clemson PERIOD !!!!!

May 1, 2018, 4:09 PM

Anyone who says otherwise it either lying to themselves or completely full of $#!7

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He has all his teeth

May 1, 2018, 6:20 PM

nm

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,816
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic