Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1 loss conf champ Baylor (or Oklahoma) OR 1 loss LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

1 loss conf champ Baylor (or Oklahoma) OR 1 loss LSU...

Dec 7, 2019, 7:25 AM

Who gets in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1 loss conf champ Baylor (or Oklahoma) OR 1 loss LSU...

Dec 7, 2019, 7:30 AM

I think LSU.
They have better wins than big 12 teams and a loss to uga who is number 4

Dec 7, 2019, 7:52 AM

I think whoever loses in the SEC game is out. The reason is because I think all of us still have a bad taste in our mouths from the last time LSU and Alabama played a close one regular season and then gave us one of the worst championship games in memory in the rematch. No one really wants to see LSU and Georgia play a game, and then play that game over two games later.

Dec 7, 2019, 7:57 AM

If given the opportunity, the committee will put two SEC teams in the top four. Honestly, that would be fine with me. Would let us beat both of them. The only thing I care about is Clemson in the top four with the Atlanta location.

Dec 7, 2019, 7:58 AM

Hopefully, the OK/Baylor winner will be in the CFP. Why should the SEC have two in the playoff when there is a conference champion available with an identical record?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 7, 2019, 8:21 AM

I think that Baylor should be the one to get in with that scenario. They would have avenged their only loss and though the committee wouldn't see it that way, I think their resume from a strictly wins and losses stand point is comparable. Eye test wise of how they won does not look as good but more of their issues seemed to be earlier in the year as well.

With their one common opponent, Texas, Baylor looked considerably better than LSU, although they were at completely different ends of the season.

Baylor would also have the conference championship and so we would get to see if they put any value in it. The sad thing is that if they were to pick LSU as I suspect that they would, I would question why they would not consider taking LSU over Georgia, which would probably never come up. Sure Georgia would have the head to head but if it were a close game where Georgia essentially has home field is that enough to discount the conversation. Georgia has looked like a fraud to me all season. Not just because of the UofSuC game, but because of the other (really good) but actually very mediocre wins where it looked like they wanted to lose less than the other team. Should one game change what they looked like the rest of the time.

If Baylor wins, then I think the only debate should be between Georgia and LSU, but I suspect the only debate would be which one gets seeded 3 and which one 4.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic