Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 5 fears heading into the ND game:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Top 5 fears heading into the ND game:

Sep 29, 2015, 1:24 AM

Special teams - specifically punt team. I'm hoping the personnel changes and maybe a new kickoff guy can fix the kickoff coverage. I'm not sold on the punt protection and punt return teams yet. I'm honestly expecting to be disappointed by at least one big play against us in the game (blocked/shanked/muffed punt).

Depth at OL and LB - we may be pleasantly surprised if it comes to it, but no one wants to see another domino RT situation or end up needing someone who can spell Ben and B.J. for any extended period of time. I'm actually pretty confident in the OL starters and the depth to an extent, but the LBing depth is worrisome with a very good OL coming to town. Thankfully we have Brent V and a couple freak safeties too that can help out in the running game.

WR play - this shouldn't even be a concern but no Mike (at least for now) has been a work in progress, at best. I fully expect more involvement from Ray Ray and Cain this weekend along with a more involved game from Scott. I'm giving the OC's the benefit of the doubt here that they'll figure out a solid plan to pair with the running game.

"Earned" playing time - I won't name anyone in particular but I'm worried about some guys getting key snaps depending on the situation of the game. We saw it last year with a few guys and a few plays is all it takes to lose a game that should be a W.

Watson - but then again this is pretty much a given. He wasn't super sharp last game but I agree with Dabo that he was very close to having a great game. It's been mentioned but easily forgotten (at least by the media) that he just had ACL surgery too. I'm just concerned with ND's athletic line backing core taking some shots on Watson if and when he does scramble or runs on designed plays. I feel like a parent who wants to be the cool parent but is actually just a helicopter parent. In the end, I'm hoping for some ND players to be eating some words regarding Mr. Watson here real soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joshua 1:9

Sep 29, 2015, 1:35 AM

Never fear, it's just football. And our Tigers are pretty good at this game.
Go Tigers!

CAN I GET A WITNESS!!!!***

Sep 29, 2015, 1:37 AM

Amen!***

Sep 29, 2015, 1:42 AM

Excuse me brother but,

Sep 29, 2015, 1:46 AM

Here we say amen with a TU. How about a love offering. ????

Grüß Gott!!!

Sep 29, 2015, 2:41 AM

There's your Schwäbisch blessing & salutation....aaaaand a +1 ??

'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

Sep 30, 2015, 9:39 AM

I will fear no EVIL. Go Tigers!

I thought that was Danny 19:81***

Sep 29, 2015, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Joshua 1:9 ]

Re: I thought that was Danny 19:81***

Sep 29, 2015, 8:45 AM

Tu!!!

Re: Top 5...Wheather we're in Death Valley--

Sep 29, 2015, 6:36 AM

or the Valley of the Shadow, God be with us all.
Go Tigers!!

Re: Top 5 fears heading into the ND game:

Sep 29, 2015, 7:28 AM

Well said... I think we we try to run the ball early inside. Then hit some quick passes. If we can come out ahead on turnovers and not give up a big play on special teams, we will win...

Sep 29, 2015, 7:38 AM

Fear is the wrong word. Our team FEARS no one. Concerns might be the better word.

Does anything think ND fans are "fearing" anything about Clemson? No, they arent because they dont respect us. e$ecpn doesnt respect us. The $ec doesnt respect us. Even with a win, no one STILL will respect us. Doesnt matter, just keep winning!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Top 5 fears:

Sep 29, 2015, 7:57 AM

1) Traffic will be really bad

2) I'll have trouble finding a decent place to park, because my assigned parking lot has been reduced by like 75% this year

3) The Game Day crew will bring up the term "Clemsoning" even though we have the longest win streak in the country over unranked opponents

4) I won't get to Tiger Walk early enough, and will end up in the back of the crowd

5) Some obnoxious ND fan will end up sitting in near proximity to me

#1. No dippin dots upstairs... n/t

Sep 29, 2015, 11:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just barely missed the cut

Sep 30, 2015, 9:35 AM

but that's because I'm a lower deck snob and the dippin' dots cart is just a section away. :)

Sep 29, 2015, 8:57 AM

QUIT being so overly critical of DW in the Louisville game. 253 total yards with a 70% completion percentage against a team playing deep and keeping everything underneath. 4.5 yards per carry on the ground. If he steps into one more throw towards the end of the game and he is at 73%. Made the right read and could have been a TD. Scott's fault as much as DW on the 2nd INT. Falling down and just letting the guy pick it off is as bad as throwing into double coverage. the 1st INT was just a great play by the LB and the safety shouldn't have been that close if he didn't make the play. WR ran the route to close to the SL. All in all, he had about 3 or 4 bad throws, missed assignments. He also was getting hit every other play. Relax, we are at home not on the road on a Thursday night against a division opponent.

We should have no fear here. This is an elimination game and if WE as Clemson allow this type of game to scare us then we don't deserve the spotlight. Are we going to be scared in the playoff game? The National Championship game? The ACC championship? I certainly hope not. That FSU game is gone and we can't let the memory of that loss hamper our ability to compete in big games. I don't think it has considering we have beaten Ohio State and Oklahoma and hung with UGA until the KO return TD and Morris went into the tank.

DW as already said that the USuCk game last year was bigger with the pressure of breaking the streak, playing injured , etc.

Finally, this is a game these kids dream of. The chance to play the most storied (overhyped) program in college football in your own house with the entire nation watching... sounds like FUN not FEAR.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:20 PM

Who is being overly critical of DW4 in this thread?

running out of Dippin' Dots before halftime***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: running out of Dippin' Dots before halftime***

Sep 29, 2015, 10:09 AM

1. Oline - always a worry against teams with decent d-lines. We haven't run the ball well in the redzone when the other team isn't worried about getting beat deep.

2. Kick\Punt Coverage - has been awful all year

3. Injuries to LB\OL - depth is bad there.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:37 PM

My biggest fear is not being able to get tickets at face value at game time. Am I just being overly concerned here?

Jesus doesn't have a ticket***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:00 PM

Did not read. Post top 5 reasons for optimism or take your bitter banter back to fgf coot***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:09 PM

mine is that Boulware will rip someone's head off in the

Sep 29, 2015, 11:46 PM

First quarter and the game will be called off because continuing to play would be deemed cruel and unusual

#1: Spiders? Ama' rite?***

Sep 30, 2015, 4:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1: Spiders? Ama' rite?***

Sep 30, 2015, 4:42 AM

Yes. TU. spiders are terrifying.

#2 Certified Mail***

Sep 30, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to #1: Spiders? Ama' rite?*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Never take counsel from your fears"

Sep 30, 2015, 9:45 AM

Stonewall Jackson.

Replies: 26