Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC East in 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,903

SEC East in 2015

Jan 6, 2015, 3:42 PM

3 way race between Florida, Tennessee, and Missouri imo. I think the winner of the Florida/Tennessee game wins the division. The game this year will be in the Swamp, and I think UF is tremendously talented and will no skip a beat with their new coach. I like both Florida and Tennessee to be highly ranked at the end of the year.

Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

As long as it ain't Sakerlina,

Jan 6, 2015, 3:51 PM

it's all gravy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree- I say it's UGA or Mizzou again, UF dark horse.***

Jan 6, 2015, 3:53 PM

Re: SEC East in 2015

Jan 6, 2015, 3:56 PM

Florida won't skip a beat?

Well, they can't get much worse so there's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing is is that Tennessee just isn't there with the off

Jan 6, 2015, 3:57 PM

-ense; Heck, on the road against Oklahoma they turned it over every time they got anything going.

They have SEC speed, but not SEC discipline.

I tell you what, they might could hang with Clemson out of the gate but in a bowl game at the end of the season with a few weeks to prepare Coach Dabo Swinney would demolish that program with over 250 yards on the ground!

UT turned it around on offense when Dobbs took over

Jan 7, 2015, 4:52 PM

They will have a nice collection of 4 and 5* skill players next year. I think they take the East.

1) UGa, 2) Missouri, 3) Tennessee, 4) Florida

Jan 6, 2015, 4:08 PM

With Florida dealing with a coaching transition and South Carolina having question marks on both sides of the ball, Georgia and Missouri should enter the spring as the favorites in the SEC East.

The Bulldogs have their share of holes to fill, starting on offense with their quarterback. Replacing a starting quarterback is never easy, and coach Richt will be working with a new coordinator after Mike Bobo left for Colorado State. Running back Nick Chubb will be one of the best in the SEC next season. Coordinator Jeremy Pruitt made an impact in his first season as the defensive signal-caller in Athens, as Georgia lowered its yards per play allowed. Pruitt should continue to mold the Bulldogs’ defense into one of the best in SEC next season although he has some talented players ot replace. The secondary was considered the biggest weakness for Georgia this year and should show improvement in 2015 with only one player expected to depart from the 2014 two-deep. The Bulldogs play Auburn and Alabama in crossover games with the SEC West next season.

Coach Gary Pinkel’s team has a good shot to earn its third consecutive SEC East title. Quarterback Maty Mauk returns but will be surrounded by a revamped group of skill talent. Mauk should be better in his second full season as Missouri’s starter, and he should benefit from the return of running back Russell Hansbrough and four starters on the line. Pinkel will probably ask more of his offense in 2015, especially with losses on defense expected to alter the depth chart. The linebacking corps should return intact, and three starters are back in the secondary. Coordinator Dave Steckel left to be the head coach at Missouri State, but Barry Odom (Memphis) was a good replacement.

Much like some of the other new coaches in the SEC, Butch Jones has his program headed in the right direction. Quarterback Joshua Dobbs is a good building block, but the Volunteers need more help in the trenches.

Jim McElwain inherits talent, but the first-year coach at Florida needs to find answers for an offense that averaged only 4.9 yards per play in SEC games. The Gators should be solid on defense under the direction of coordinator Geoff Collins, and this unit should be the strength of the team until McElwain and coordinator Doug Nussmeier has time to stabilize the offense. There's no shortage of talent in Gainesville. How quickly can McElwain get the Gators back on track? The East Division isn't loaded with national title contenders next season, so a quick turnaround is possible at Florida.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: 1) UGa, 2) Missouri, 3) Tennessee, 4) Florida

Jan 6, 2015, 4:16 PM

I agree with BigCU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1) UGa, 2) Missouri, 3) Tennessee, 4) Florida

Jan 6, 2015, 4:18 PM [ in reply to 1) UGa, 2) Missouri, 3) Tennessee, 4) Florida ]

5) UK, 6) USuCk 7)Vandy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1) UGa, 2) Tennessee, 3) Missouri, 4) Florida***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:21 PM [ in reply to 1) UGa, 2) Missouri, 3) Tennessee, 4) Florida ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

UF has talented guys all over the field....

Jan 6, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to 1) UGa, 2) Missouri, 3) Tennessee, 4) Florida ]

but they'll regress defensively. Muschmap is a defensive genius and gets the most out of his guys. Collins is a good DC, but Miss St. had a loaded, talented, experienced roster this year and their defense was very average. Didnt do anything special. Im not sure where they ended up but that unit spent the majority of the season in the back half of D-1 football.

Like you mentioned, I think UF success is dependent on McElwain figuring the offense out early on and getting real production.

UT is on the cusp of breaking out and 2015 may be the year. If not, it'll happen in 2016. Butch Jones is loading up the roster.

UGA wins it, UT second, Mizz 3, UF 4***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:21 PM

1)UGA 2)Mizz***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:23 PM

UGA will Epically Collapse again

Jan 6, 2015, 4:24 PM

didn't even include them. They have won the SEC twice since 2000. That's pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Why is that pathetic? That's more than we can say.***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:30 PM

Tell 'em, Coot!***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:44 PM

35-17

Duh, we dont play in the SEC!***

Jan 6, 2015, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Why is that pathetic? That's more than we can say.*** ]

what an idiot***

Jan 7, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Why is that pathetic? That's more than we can say.*** ]

Best Is The Standard

The SEC Least, who cares.***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:28 PM

Jan 6, 2015, 4:29 PM

Tennessee runs away with it IMO. Returning 19 of 22, they are going to be very dominant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really think USuC pulls a miracle

Jan 6, 2015, 4:48 PM

Going out on a limb here and saying they win the national championship next year.

Granted, I have drunk 2 bottles of peach moonshine today buy hey...it provides clarity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are always champions in their own minds!***

Jan 6, 2015, 8:15 PM

Changes instituted by the new coaching staff will stunt...

Jan 6, 2015, 8:57 PM

the Florida team and while it makes them better they won't win their division this season. I don't see how anybody beats UGAy next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 9:15 PM

Georgia wins the east.

1)Mizzou 2)uga 3)UF 4)Tenn 5)Kent 6)usuc 7)vandy***

Jan 6, 2015, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,903
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic