Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At least Bama's players aren't thugs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

At least Bama's players aren't thugs

Jan 7, 2013, 9:20 PM

like the rest of the SEC. I haven't seen any of the antics that SCU and LSU's players exhibited.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true.***

Jan 7, 2013, 9:21 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: At least Bama's players aren't thugs- OR Fla

Jan 7, 2013, 9:23 PM

they were awful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just call 'em what you want to call them. Stop hiding behind

Jan 7, 2013, 9:24 PM

the thug word. It is cowardly.

Re: Just call 'em what you want to call them. Stop hiding behind

Jan 7, 2013, 9:27 PM

I did call them what I wanted to call them. Thugs are thugs.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Just call 'em what you want to call them. Stop hiding behind ]

Here we go with the race card when no one mentioned race at all. You sir are the biggest f'n racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever, CU. You can join Billy Bob down there and

Jan 7, 2013, 10:10 PM

understand I wouldn't expect anyone on here to admit anything.

Re: Whatever, CU. You can join Billy Bob down there and

Jan 7, 2013, 10:14 PM

Lol I am the furtherest you can get from a racist. I hate racists including those racists like you who want to accuse people of racism when they've said nothing about race just because gou assume they're white. Funny he didn't call ND thugs. I guess they don't have black players?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The discussion isn't about Notre Dame players. It is about

Jan 7, 2013, 10:17 PM

Bama players not being like Florida or USuC players. ND has nothing to do with it.

Re: The discussion isn't about Notre Dame players. It is about

Jan 7, 2013, 10:24 PM

But you're insinuating that his use of thug is cover for the N word. If this is true and he's racist, why hasn't he referred to all black players as thugs? Your logic is a failure and you are a racist. You are what's wrong with society and the continuance of race.

It's just about here on this line of posts

Jan 8, 2013, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Just call 'em what you want to call them. Stop hiding behind ]

when a discussion gets off track and goofy. Food fight! Food fight!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2013, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Just call 'em what you want to call them. Stop hiding behind ]

#####, idiot, illiterate, loser, moron, ###### head, titty baby, fat titts, btch titts, cheater, etc...This is a list of suitable insults that would be considered a common insult for someone that you do not like, but for the love of god PLEASE QUIT CALLING THESE KIDS THUGS!!! Its the stupidest thing I have heard and its being waaayyy over-used. Get a life! Thug!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

You're an idiot. ***

Jan 7, 2013, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Just call 'em what you want to call them. Stop hiding behind ]

Gotta love

Jan 7, 2013, 9:25 PM

The class of our football team!

Gotta wonder about some peoples' definition of thugs...

Jan 7, 2013, 9:29 PM

These players aren't mugging people and stealing from them. They're talking smack and playing a game of testosterone, muscle and anger. What exactly have any of these kids done to make you say they are thugs? They don't play for Miami.

Because their posts would be deleted and accounts

Jan 7, 2013, 9:42 PM

suspended if they call them what they do under normal day to day circumstances.

Re: Because their posts would be deleted and accounts

Jan 7, 2013, 9:46 PM

Aren't you cute. Go ahead and accuse me of racism. I call their behavior thuggish no matter what their skin color is. Tmail me if you want to discuss this further.

And the response is always the same. "I call everyone

Jan 7, 2013, 9:53 PM

thugs." Sure, Bob. Sure....and I don't know what your T-Mail threat/invite is all about but I'll pass. I've got this fantastic game to watch.

Re: And the response is always the same. "I call everyone

Jan 7, 2013, 9:54 PM

Ironic that you call me a coward because you think I'm racist, yet you can't even grow a pair and actually discuss your issue with me one on one.

Coward.

What do you want to discuss privately, BobCobb?

Jan 7, 2013, 10:06 PM

I contend people that use that thug word are using it as a cover word for n****r. If you disagree with that, then cool, disagree. I'll agree to disagree with you. Don't know how things work out in Missouri, but in these parts, IMO, when people go to "thug" level, they mean what I earlier said. So take your Internet Tough Guy level down a notch or two and don't worry about T-Mails.

Re: What do you want to discuss privately, BobCobb?

You are the biggest racist. No one here has mentioned race. Does he call Clemson players thugs? They're black. You're an idiot. Take your racist @$$ else where. It's people who act like you are that's the reason racism is still going on. You are the racist.

Re: What do you want to discuss privately, BobCobb?

Jan 7, 2013, 10:11 PM [ in reply to What do you want to discuss privately, BobCobb? ]

And you need to take your holier-than-thou attitude down a level, too. Don't accuse someone of being racist when you don't know anything about them outside of one post on a message board.

I gave my opinion on the matter. There are other words

Jan 7, 2013, 10:15 PM

used to describe what you guys are offended by. It used to be called hotdogging, disrepecting, or even punk. Somewhere down the line, "thug" became the word of choice for certain players.

Re: I gave my opinion on the matter. There are other words

Jan 7, 2013, 10:17 PM

And since when are thugs only black? I think you're the one who's hung up on race.

Never, ever seen a white player referred to as a "thug"...

Jan 7, 2013, 10:20 PM

...never. Punk maybe? Idiot? Moron? Sure.......thug? No. That is always reserved for black players. And of course you will disagree with me because what choice do you have at this point....

Re: Never, ever seen a white player referred to as a "thug"...

Jan 7, 2013, 10:22 PM

Could that be because the majority of defense players in college football are black? Or will you continue to ignore facts and pursue your racist agenda?

Man, CU. You are mighty defensive about this. Just let it go

Jan 7, 2013, 10:25 PM

man. I told you we don't have to agree on this. You are throwing out the racist word like you know what is up, too, so maybe we are both wrong.

Re: Man, CU. You are mighty defensive about this. Just let it go

Jan 7, 2013, 10:29 PM

You #### right I'm defensive because I'm sick of jumping on white racist while the thee side wants to be just as f'n racist and I hate both of it. It's ridiculous. Quit pulling the race card over every little thing.

You brought this up. Don't tell me to get over it.

And look at this sooooo racist guy:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/897210-nhl-video-50-biggest-thugs-in-hockey-history

Noone pays attention to hockey in America, and

Jan 7, 2013, 10:36 PM

especially in the South. And I'm discussing one word here, CU. Thug. I don't know where you get I jump on every little thing as racist. You are clearly assuming a whole lot about me. The word THUG, in the context of how I always see or hear it used around here, is a code word, and I'm sticking by that. Maybe you are onto something, though, with the company you keep theory.

Re: Noone pays attention to hockey in America, and

Jan 7, 2013, 10:52 PM

You have been on here calling people out for "code words" for a long time. That's where I get it. And hockey players, Garcia, chad Kelly prove to you that it is not a code word.

Example? Other than yesterday? In the words of PInk Floyd

Jan 7, 2013, 10:55 PM

I'm STILL WAITING!

Jan 7, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Never, ever seen a white player referred to as a "thug"... ]

And I watch A LOT of hockey (thank God the lockout is over) and many hockey players (mostly white) have always been called thugs. Especially those who are enforcers. This has been the case for many many years.

Leave your little racist world where everyone around you is racist if they don't think like you and come back to reality bud.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:28 PM

Don't bother with logical discussion. He's on a witch hunt and nothing you say will change his mind. We may as well put on white hoods as far as he's concerned.

A witch hunt? You are the one wanting to start T-Mail

Jan 7, 2013, 10:32 PM

fighting with me over this.

Re: A witch hunt? You are the one wanting to start T-Mail

Jan 7, 2013, 10:35 PM

Err, no. I encouraged you to Tmail me so it could be a civilized discussion about your accusation. Instead you opted to have it here, and it turned into an argument. Not my fault you didn't have the guts to discuss it with me one on one.

Whatever, you're not going to change your opinion and I'm not going to change mine. You can think I'm racist if you want to, but the fact is you're being just as judgmental as you're accusing me of being.

Which brings it allllllllllllll the way back to what I said

Jan 7, 2013, 10:37 PM

before. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Re: Which brings it allllllllllllll the way back to what I said

Jan 7, 2013, 10:38 PM

That's fine. Like I said way before, don't paint someone as racist when you don't know anything about them.

Re: Which brings it allllllllllllll the way back to what I said

Jan 7, 2013, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Which brings it allllllllllllll the way back to what I said ]

Don't be a coward. Just say what you want to say. "I was wrong".

Let it go, CU. Just let me and my***

Jan 7, 2013, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Never, ever seen a white player referred to as a "thug"... ]

Re: Let it go, CU. Just let me and my***

Jan 7, 2013, 10:33 PM

We should let it go when you lose the argument? You have pulling this crap on here for a while and I'm tired of it. Time for YOU to let it go.

Examples. Please give me examples of the "crap" I

Jan 7, 2013, 10:38 PM

pull on here.

Re: Examples. Please give me examples of the "crap" I

Jan 7, 2013, 10:45 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=1200088&messageID=13432866#13432866

Here's one.

And you have been involved in several but I'm not going that far back. I don't have the time. Many have probably been deleted anyway.

Seriously? You post the one from yesterday that is

Jan 7, 2013, 10:48 PM

essentially the exact same thing I said here, and said about Clowney down below on this thread, too. Convienently, you don't have time or feel like going back to find anymore. Maybe because there isn't any or all that much to choose from because it doesn't exist.

Re: Seriously? You post the one from yesterday that is

Jan 7, 2013, 10:55 PM

No they've happened. You have plenty times before. We both know this. You along with TigerKing love to pull the race card at your next chance when race is never mentioned.

Have we met on the Politics board at some point, CU?

Jan 7, 2013, 11:02 PM

Or are you confusing me with a Philo Beddoe that is on here time to time? I just don't recall getting into race topics too much on the Football board. You have one heck of a memory but apparently no abililty to show me an example of all this race baiting.

Re: Have we met on the Politics board at some point, CU?

Jan 7, 2013, 11:37 PM

Maybe so but I specifically remember you pullin the race card in the past. Whether it was on another board I don't know.

Probably on the Politics board, CU. I see your big

Jan 7, 2013, 11:42 PM

Ron Paul thing going on. I'm sure you were over there, and there is plenty of code words over there. It is a sea of code words.

Re: Probably on the Politics board, CU. I see your big

Jan 7, 2013, 11:47 PM

No it's a sea of words that you want to be code words. That mentality is the biggest racism of all.

You live in a color blind world, CU. I admire that. Maybe

Jan 8, 2013, 12:07 AM

one day I'll be there and realize racism is dead and people don't use innuendos, code words, etc. to cover up using more racially charged words because they know that gets them kicked off of websites, possibly permanently if they speak their mind like that all the time. You win. Go Tigers.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Never, ever seen a white player referred to as a "thug"... ]

Ever heard of Jamie Cumbie? Many here called him a thug.
Our backup qb, Chad Kelly, some have called a thug.
Steven Garcia? most certainly a thug.
Former Syracuse basketball guard Eric Devendorf, a thug.
Mike Miller of the NBA a thug.

Maybe you've never seen a white player called a thug because there is a smaller population of white players than black players to choose from. Thug is not reserved for black players, and YOU are the racist.

Never heard Chad Kelly called a thug.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:41 PM

Steven Garcia....a drunk. Loser. Punk. Not thug.

Eric Devendorf? Seriously? Where did you pull that one out from? Wikipedia?

Mike Miller. No idea how someone classifies him at thug status. When he started tatting himself?

Re: Never heard Chad Kelly called a thug.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:46 PM

To search the forum all categories and all dates for "Garcia thug" there are several.

Re: Never heard Chad Kelly called a thug.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Never heard Chad Kelly called a thug. ]

If you have never heard Kelly called a thug, you are deaf. From his awful raps to his #### talking to stoutd to his alledged fight in class, he has certainly been called a thug a few times.

Where'd I pull that? My brain. Anyone who watched college basketball the past 10 years watched Syracuse basketball and recognizes Eric Devendorf.

I must be deaf because I've never heard a fellow Clemson

Jan 7, 2013, 10:52 PM

fan or other team's fans, because frankly I doubt many people are keeping up with Chad at this point, refer to him as a thug. I'll use CU's theory of maybe its the company you keep on that one. I know who Devendorf is. He seemed like a punk. Had a swagger to him that was annoying...

Re: I must be deaf because I've never heard a fellow Clemson

Jan 7, 2013, 11:08 PM

So, you're saying he was a thug. End of story. Ciao.

I seemed to remember the term wigger being thrown around

Jan 7, 2013, 11:17 PM

alot by the haters, but I didn't refer to him that way. He just seemed like a punk.

Re: I seemed to remember the term wigger being thrown around

Jan 7, 2013, 11:38 PM

Never on e saw wigger used.

Re: I gave my opinion on the matter. There are other words

Jan 7, 2013, 10:21 PM [ in reply to I gave my opinion on the matter. There are other words ]

From dictionary.com:

Thug: a cruel or vicious ruffian

Ruffian: tough; lawless; bully

Does this not describe someone who breaks the rules and performs in unnecessary roughness?

Or will you insist it means what you want it to mean to continue your racist agenda?

Re: Gotta wonder about some peoples' definition of thugs...

Jan 7, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Gotta wonder about some peoples' definition of thugs... ]

and they don`t play for the dirty c$$ts

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta wonder about some peoples' definition of thugs...

Jan 7, 2013, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Gotta wonder about some peoples' definition of thugs... ]

Look at the number of arrests and drug violations LSU has had over the past few years.

If emotional is thug

Jan 7, 2013, 9:44 PM

Then our own HC is a thug.

Re: If emotional is thug

You know you sound like a little sissy when you say "at least bama players aren't thugs"...boohoo some more will ya. Just because clemson's defense has zero players with any passion/fire/emotion, whatever you wanna call it, like a swearinger or Clowney. Are they "thugs" because they will knock the crap out of any opponent?? In that case, Clemson could use a couple "thugs" on the roster.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:13 PM

No, it has everything to do with attitude. I'd love some players who will knock the snot out of the opponent. When it gets to the point of, for example, Swearinger's antics after his hit on Ellington, that's what I consider thuggish. It's the lack of sportsmanship and respect that I despise.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:19 PM

I have noticed that a lot of people on Tigernet call Swearinger a thug because of his after play the play behavior when he hit Bruce. It's so easy to throw names around...but you gotta consider the circumstance. These are college kids playing their hearts out every weekend...they are not all wired the same....some will show more emotion than others. I seriously doubt if Swearinger was in orange, that you would be calling him a thug. Just be intellectually honest and say you don't like Swearinger because he taunted Ellington after he rang his bell.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:21 PM

The thing is, I don't think Dabo would put up with that kind of behavior out of any of his athletes.

It's not isolated to his hit on Ellington. What about the three consecutive personal fouls earlier in the season? Just about every game, you could see him taunting the opponent. There's no need for it. It's one thing to have emotion; anyone who has ever played sports has emotion. It's another to show out and act like a fool.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: If emotional is thug ]

My reply wasn't directed at ocean city tiger, it was directed at the author of this thread.

I honestly don't even see it with Clowney, the punk attitude

Jan 7, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: If emotional is thug ]

He had some words for Tahj. He is cocky, because he knows he is good. Swearinger on the other hand brings a certain punkness to how he handles himself. The way to stop that is to run over him like Michigan was doing for awhile. His trash talking slowed down considerably.

Re: At least Bama's players aren't thugs

Jan 7, 2013, 10:19 PM

this thread is a failure

Saban doesn't even let his players have dreads without them

Jan 7, 2013, 10:23 PM

being in a pony tail. You watch for it. You won't see any hair like Sammy or Nuk. I'm not saying their's is trashy, but he controls EVERYTHING his players do, especially attitude/respect level. I hate Bama, but they are the class of the SEC

Jan 7, 2013, 10:23 PM

#####, idiot, illiterate, loser, moron, ###### head, titty baby, fat titts, btch titts, cheater, etc...This is a list of suitable insults that would be considered a common insult for someone that you do not like, but for the love of god PLEASE QUIT CALLING THESE KIDS THUGS!!! Its the stupidest thing I have heard and its being waaayyy over-used. Get a life! Thug!

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Hey Rev. Al***

Jan 7, 2013, 10:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Please get over yourself

Jan 7, 2013, 10:51 PM

Yes, the BCS championship game sucks. You're bored. We get it.

Re: I must be deaf because I've never heard a fellow Clemson

Jan 7, 2013, 10:54 PM

You are answering your own questions now. I'm bored with this game too.

PInk Floyd

Jan 7, 2013, 11:03 PM

It's actually - Stand still, Laddie!

I'm kind of an expert.

Time to go......is he okay?.....time to go......knock knock

Jan 7, 2013, 11:04 PM

knock....time to go.

Re: I seemed to remember the term wigger being thrown around

Jan 7, 2013, 11:20 PM

Gasp! The W word.

You do know, JonSpider, if you hit reply to an post,

Jan 7, 2013, 11:24 PM

then your replay will appear underneath what you are responding, too. It is how these threads keep a continuance and flow to it.

#### smartphones. Crump, it's 2013...***

Jan 7, 2013, 11:38 PM

My bad.....I see your dilemma now.***

Jan 7, 2013, 11:40 PM

Jan 7, 2013, 11:49 PM

LSU players and fans are a bunch of low life hoodlums.

Roughians, I use this word...why, b/c they're rough***

Jan 8, 2013, 12:10 AM

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic