Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tragic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 838

Tragic

May 27, 2020, 6:57 PM

More Americans have died of Covid-19 than the Vietnam War, The Iraq War, Afghanistan, Pearl Harbor and 9/11 combined.

We honor those dead.

Why do we treat these 100,271 Americans death any differently?

Because of politics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tragic

May 27, 2020, 6:58 PM

china needs to pay a yuge price for killing americans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 9:15 PM

china needs to pay a yuge price for killing americans

With all due respect, you're a sucker for Trump/RNC propaganda. The Chinese posted the DNA on Jan.20 all over the world so scientists could study it. At that time China reported 196 cases and 3 deaths.(all the scientists felt that it was way more than that.W They drug their feet on human to human spread some believe. It didn't matter, we had the DNA We had our first case on Jan. 19.

The entire "blame China" mantra is merely propaganda to deflect Trump's foolish and self-serving response to this Virus. He didn't "cut off China", 40,000 U.S. citizens and alien residents flowed out of China in February. They weren't quarantines....they just came on in.

Trump failed to shut down European flights and the Europeans that had been exposed in Spain, Italy, Belgium, they just flowed on in. No quarantine, nothing. He announced that he was banning Europe on March 12th, but the ban didn't include U.S. citizen and Resident Aliens.

He's a fool. He ignored, again, his own intelligence agencies that warned of a potential, catastrophic Pandemic in his daily intelligence briefings. Meanwhile, he's telling America "it's under control, I banned China". He's a reality tv star who has no clue what he's doing.

Message was edited by: Felix2®

May 27, 2020, 6:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 7:02 PM

Your hero draft dodger said all POW's were losers. That's who you support bud. You are an awful human being.

May 27, 2020, 7:11 PM

mccain got a lot of people killed in syria, not a fan

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Tragic ]

I'm not talking about Trump, I'm talking about his followers.

They are shaming people with masks and the dead seem to have no

meaning to Trump supporters. This whole "it's my right not to wear

a mask" is nonsense.

May 27, 2020, 9:13 PM

May 27, 2020, 9:44 PM

T3Tiger said:

You’re literally however I do not trust the data that’s out right now. I know of cases where the people clearly did not die from the virus, or at best it’s debatable. The similarity between the life expectancies kinda confirms that. 20 people died “from COVID-19” today in SC. 17 were 65+. I simply do not know and after being misled for the past few months I’m not going to believe everything that comes down the pipe...especially from people with an agenda...and have stated so.

"I do not trust the data that’s out right now. I know of cases where the people clearly did not die from the virus, or at best it’s debatable..."

That is precisely what I'm talking about. If it wasn't for Trump, you could care less about their "data".

In fact my friend, you don't have a clue. The Trump propaganda machine keeps pumping out conspiracy theories that conservative media spreads. You don't have the qualifications to interpret the data. I'm not insulting you, I'm just stating the facts. When H1N1 hit, people weren't trying to debunk the data because they thought it might be flawed. No one questioned it.

But now, Trump supporters are looking for any reason to rationalize away Trump's utter failure.

So, you go ahead and examine the medical data. Keep trying to save Trump. That soulless sociopath is dragging the family of Lori Klausutis who died in Joe Scarborough's campaign office, through the mudd just to create another scandal. Another conspiracy theory. He is a terrible human being.
People defend him while innocent Americans are dying because of his arrogance and ignorance.

But, "blame China" will still be his supporter's mantra.

I said nothing about Trump

May 27, 2020, 9:55 PM

Re: I said nothing about Trump

May 27, 2020, 10:03 PM

T3Tiger said:

you deranged little man. I said the numbers have been wrong and that’s a fact.

“You don’t have the qualifications to interpret the data.” Do you mean like Fauci? I can do math. You, if anyone, are the one who follows propaganda hook, line and sinker. You even argued with me that the mortality rate was 6%.

As for the other stuff, I’m going to start keeping a tally of how many times you repeat the same thing over and over again...no matter how flawed they are.

The mortality rate for known cases is now 5.9 %. That is a hard fact. You can do math, go to this website and divide the number of deaths by the number of known cases.

You'll get ?0.0590975196474784? every time. That is 5.9%! Math don't lie. You merely disect the facts and twist them to absolve that depraved man.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Felix turn up your oxygen tank a little

May 27, 2020, 10:09 PM

Trump thinks making everything political will benefit him

May 27, 2020, 7:10 PM

in his reelection - from wearing masks to counting cases and deaths.

My 77 year old father in law and Trump humper thinks the shutdown was a totally unnecessary effort to get Trump defeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not trying to be obtuse, but is there any data

May 27, 2020, 7:23 PM

That would show the % of those 100,000 that would have died from other causes on a probability basis due to such a high percentage having serious pre-existing health conditions?

Re: Not trying to be obtuse, but is there any data

May 27, 2020, 9:57 PM

Bingo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not trying to be obtuse, but is there any data

May 27, 2020, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Not trying to be obtuse, but is there any data ]

bengaline said:

That would show the % of those 100,000 that would have died from other causes on a probability basis due to such a high percentage having serious pre-existing health conditions?

Why does that matter? That's my point, Trump supporters will grasp at anything, including the death-count of other Americans. I think is a huge problem. But I think he has drawn out of the shadows those people who are filled with hate, suspicion, and paranoia. They cling to this image of Trump the savior and want let it go. They call facts 'fake news' and live on conspiracy theories. They soak it up like sponges and trudge forward to spread the lies. I'm only surprised at how large the number there is of those who would follow this depraved sociopath

100% of the other people would have died from other causes.

May 27, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Not trying to be obtuse, but is there any data ]

What an idiotic thing to ask.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Why is it idiotic? Many deaths were nursing home patients

May 27, 2020, 10:58 PM

I asked if there was any data available, but you lower yourself to name-calling...,
Let me be more specific, soccerkrzy®....
How many of the 100,000 would have died within a year from an underlying condition already present?
Don’t you think someone is tabulating that?

/r/whoosh

May 27, 2020, 11:05 PM

"what an idiotic thing to ask" is not name calling...

Since you didn't get the joke I made, no, I don't know the answer to your question. Majority of the deaths from COVID-19 are people who are elderly or have underlying conditions, who statistically would've died sooner than a healthy person; however, we will never know because they died earlier than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I did get the joke, but it wasn’t at all funny...***

May 27, 2020, 11:08 PM

How many would have died within a year from anything?

May 28, 2020, 3:10 AM [ in reply to Why is it idiotic? Many deaths were nursing home patients ]

If Bob had a heart attack and died yesterday, it's possible that he would have been hit by a bus tomorrow. Immediate cause of death is not necessarily wrong just because you might have died soonish from something else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they didn’t die serving their country. They just

May 27, 2020, 7:40 PM

got sick and died.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because they didn’t die serving their country. They just

May 27, 2020, 10:31 PM

josephg® said:

got sick and died.

The 3000 9/11 victims were just as innocent as the Covid-19 victims.

Yep***

May 28, 2020, 1:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dems wish the number was doubled?

May 27, 2020, 8:16 PM

That's equal and opposite hyperbole to your post, Felix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do dems wish the number was doubled?

May 27, 2020, 9:48 PM

That's simply not true. They care, apparently, more than Trump's supporters do.
Everyone's going after poor Trump by any means necessary, even hoping people will die.

That is right-wing BS, propagated by Trump and his supporters. It's just another made up

scandal.

Why didn't we honor the 647,000 people who die from

May 27, 2020, 8:18 PM

Heart disease each year? What makes them any different than soldiers who sacrificed their lives?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why didn't we honor the 647,000 people who die from

May 27, 2020, 11:07 PM

Tiggity® said:

Heart disease each year? What makes them any different than soldiers who sacrificed their lives?

I respect you a great deal Tiggity, I read all your posts. But I would say there is a differnce between those who died of heart disease and the covid-19 victims.

Those with heart disease die of natural causes, it happens everyday. Heart disease, cancer are a part of life.

The Covid-19 victims are indeed victims. Their lives were cut short by an invader that could have been stopped. Trump was warned in late Dec. and early January by his on intelligence agencies. They predicted the possibility of a catastrophic Pandemic that could be ruinous to our country. Trump ignored them and kept insisting it was no big deal. Knowing what was coming, he didn't stock up on PPE and even sent 18 tons of PPE to China.

In my mind, that's the difference Tiggity. This Pandemic could have been stopped, or at least severely limited if Trump had acted accordingly. Those who are dying of Covid-19 are no less a victims as those who died on 9/11.

Pretty sure this virus is a natural cause. Like heart

May 28, 2020, 6:01 AM

Disease it can't be stopped. Only managed. Short of a vaccine it could never be stopped. There's no country on Earth that's stopped it. If you need evidence. There are countries that have managed it far better than we have. And countries that manage heart disease better than us too.

I guess that's where we disagree. You have too much faith in government and/or politicians if you think any government or politician can stop this virus.

There is absolutely nothing Trump, or anyone else under any form of government could do to stop this. Some can manage it far better than we have though, but that takes a loss of freedom far beyond what we have done, or would tolerate. And it's still there and spreading.

Politics is an illness in America. It causes people to think government has powers and capabilities it doesn't. Pick your President and this virus still rages. Sure, proper leadership to persuade people to take proper measures to be safe would possibly cut our death rate in half. The countries led by politicians who downplayed this are suffering the most. Russia, Brazil. US. Those who persuaded people to take precautions have had success. And their economies will be less impacted as well.

But this is just as natural and as unstoppable as heart disease. Politics be ######. Coronavirus is now part of life in every country on the planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 9:56 PM

Brian Klaas put it best: "But let’s be frank: American democracy is badly broken if few people change their minds about a president who falsely accuses someone of murder or boasts about his TV ratings while 100,000 Americans lose their lives and nearly 40 million lose their jobs. And that says as much about the dysfunctional state of our country as it does about Trump."

Replies: 29
| visibility 838
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic