Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 6, 2020, 7:57 AM

Friday night, stayed in and it was glorious.

Saturday, up to Clemson to exchange a Christmas present, lunch at Blue Marble, back home to build my smoker. I found a giant dent in the back side, gotta call dyna glow to see what they'll do.

Sunday, up stupid early to go to Columbia to see the Van Gogh exibit. It was interesting enough. Managed to escape Columbia without getting chicken droppings on me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won in shooty hoops but I didn't die.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:59 AM

Pretty low key. Cooked up a nice porterhouse sattidy and watched the NFL all weekend. Nice to see WYFF settle their spat with DirecTV

Bout it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Somewhat uneventful ?? and yet pleasant...

Jan 6, 2020, 8:04 AM

Good food, beverage, no weekend monsoon, Gson b-ball game he scored 7 baskets, nice Sunday ride in Keowee/ Jocassee area. 8/10!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of monsoons. I can't keep water from running into

Jan 6, 2020, 8:08 AM

my shed. some comes in through the rolling door, but some comes in from the seams where the sides meet the slab. This is distressing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of monsoons. I can't keep water from running into

Jan 6, 2020, 8:22 AM

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/d55f9e8f-1459-48dc-ba25-c1689d956470_1.7556c5fa9289a3a9fbc2b79e4ecafee2.jpeg?odnWidth=450&odnHeight=450&odnBg=ffffff

Is this a real suggestion?***

Jan 6, 2020, 8:50 AM

For the seams, yes***

Jan 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

Long

Jan 6, 2020, 8:06 AM

Spent most of it hunting, working around the house and dealing with insurance.

Hit a deer.

Still got septic issues.

Fixed a couple of leaks in the roof.

Very little pipe laying.

Took up a new hobby of pipe smoking.

Drank some Jack D.

Not bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Pipe Smoking is a Hobby?

Jan 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

serious question

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anything can be a hobby***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he was talking about puffing on a few

Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Pipe Smoking is a Hobby? ]

peckers belonging to random homeless men in the area.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get tongue burn either way***

Jan 6, 2020, 12:20 PM

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 6, 2020, 8:07 AM

Eating, drinking, smoking weed, some Peaky Blinders.

The first 30 minutes were pretty good

Jan 6, 2020, 8:08 AM

Fri - Boat was behind me at 6:20 am and received text from MsLovin that she had strep. Turned around and played Mom for the next 2 days (I don't wish that job on nobody).

Sat - Played Mom, Mslovin recovered enough to go out for bbq and it was delicious.

Sun - Went to church, McJr and I built a deer fence around peach and apple trees, back to church at night.

Did the morning session of church not take?

Jan 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

Were you like "I need some more Jesus, y'all."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the joy of watching toddlers during the morning servic

Jan 6, 2020, 10:37 AM

e. Had to go back to get the word at night.

You didn't wanna be out there this weekend

Jan 6, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to The first 30 minutes were pretty good ]

I took our Cripmas tree to Twin Lakes Saturday, and the fishermen looked like they were straight off of Deadliest Catch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday actually looked reel good. I was going to Greenwood

Jan 6, 2020, 12:53 PM

and the rain appeared to hold off until 1:00 or so + the wind had not come in yet.

Saturday would have been crazy unless on a really small lake.

Excellent

Jan 6, 2020, 8:20 AM

Patriots eliminated.

10/10

East coast party don't ever end......

Jan 6, 2020, 8:21 AM

Friday Watched westerns. Cleaned. Made hamburger stroganoff for me and granny.

Saturday Watched westerns. Cleaned mor. Watched NFL playoffs. Made shrimp and grits for me and granny.

Sunday Watched westerns. Watched NFL playoffs. Cleaned out TV stand in old bedroom for new TV coming today. Anybody need a VCR or tube TV? Cleaned old bedroom. Discovered lots of cool stuff. Made spaghetti foe me and granny.

Monday Watching westerns. Will go to family doctor for check-up @ 10am.

Thanks for asking

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been sick since New Years Day.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:24 AM

Friday I went to the doctor. Respiratory infection.

Saturday ain't do sh*t.

Sunday ain't do sh*t.

Today working from home. So far 2020 is not my year.

I usually get a sinus infection that hangs around

Jan 6, 2020, 8:27 AM

for 4 to 6 weeks. Got the pneumoccocal pneumonia shot in Sept. No even a snifflr so far this year!

From fantastic to major suckage

Jan 6, 2020, 8:27 AM

Friday: Took care of some stuff around the house. Met up with former co-workers for dinner and beers. We had a lot of laughs. There were eight of us six years ago and only one still remains. 168 combined years of experience they let walk out the door. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? They've got nothing on these executive morons.

Saturday: Did some painting. I hate painting, but it needed to be done. Maria did say something that she has never said to me before. "It's too big." :) We're starting to discuss that old people thing of selling the house and downsizing. It's time. I hate it. There are great memories in this old place.

Sunday: Took down Christmas. I did a little more painting. We settled in to watch the Golden Globes with baby girl (because I'm ##### whipped). I got a message from my oldest friend. He's caught the stage four cancer. After I finished cutting some onions we shared a few jokes. I've known this man since I was eight years old. It will all be fine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My older brother is doing the same....

Jan 6, 2020, 8:33 AM

He and wife selling house and moving into smaller. Big adjustment. What happens to their retired greyhounds? They have three. Plus they are part of a group that fosters and hold for adoption.

Downsize is good but dont build

Jan 6, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to From fantastic to major suckage ]

My project is gonna cost me evrything i got outa selling the big house,
cause addons....

That's the debate

Jan 6, 2020, 9:18 AM

I'm not doing that condo thing. I need some space between me and civilization. She's the social butterfly and would move downtown in a skinny minute. We'll find a happy medium. Always have.

Downsized last year. 30 years in one house and you

Jan 6, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to From fantastic to major suckage ]

accumulate a lot of crap.

Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####### miserable.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:37 AM

Cedar season just kicked up here in Austin.

Quite literally, I have never seen this much snot in all of my life. My head has felt like it was going to explode. I took 6 allegra yesterday, and have still been miserable. Next, I went and got a sinus rinse bulb from target, along with some purified water. I flushed things out, and OH. MY. GOD. The glob of mucus it freed looked like it was bigger than Slimer from Ghostbusters.

But, as with all things, you just have to press on, so I did. I spent the weekend doing home improvements. I got the last of my blinds hung, installed a new edge router in the structured wiring cabinet to make the wifi access points all play nicely with each other and partition all the home automation devices onto their own VLAN. Now, all I have to do is get trim touchups done, and hang the rest of my pictures, and I should be good for a while.

You'll be ready to move again in 3-4 months!***

Jan 6, 2020, 8:49 AM

Not while my house is appreciating at the rate it is.***

Jan 6, 2020, 8:55 AM

Here's hoping you nomad ways catch up to you before a

Jan 6, 2020, 9:06 AM

housing downturn. That way you don't hold too long.

If it came down to it, I could rent out the place.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:14 AM

But I'm pretty happy with it, and will probably keep this one as the first step in my real estate empire.

Great. My weekend lasted 3 weeks.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:48 AM

That's the longest I have been out of work or school since I was 14.

The patio concrete pour hasn't happened yet due to the constant rain. I DID get 15 tons of fill sand dumped and spread around.
I killed a buck (7pt non-typical) on New Years Day.
I started some trapping to keep me busy. I trapped, and skinned out two raccoons.
Finished my son's room.
Painted the sun porch.
Watched Clemson win.
Had a good Christmas with all family members.
Got a Pit Boss pellet smoker and made a packer brisket, beer can chicken, and a boston butt. All were good. I found a killer collard recipe, green chili corn pudding recipe, baked been recipe, vinegar sauce and mustard sauce recipes if anybody is intradested... They were all a hit.
Finished the family bridge project and made a few trips to the river cabin with my brother and dad. Great times were had by all.
I don't know... that's about it. It was a good 3 weeks. I did lots of little house projects, and spent a lot of good time in the woods with the kids.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Mostly low key, but quite enjoyable.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:49 AM

Friday, home to walk the pup, made chicken quesadillas for dinner, drank a handful of beers, and fell asleep in The Big Chair watching something or other on TV.

Saturday, dismantled Christmas all morning, hike through the woods with the pup, trip to the dump, over to visit RH Mom for a bit. Came home and flipped on Texans game while I cleaned up and then headed to The Pump House restaurant for our 102nd quarterly edition of our Supper Club. We had a private room on the top floor overlooking the Catawba River and a glorious time was had by all. I will say while the food is good, it is not as spectacular as the setting...there are far better places to eat. Got home a little tipsy and proceeded to fall asleep in The Big Chair again, woke up around 3am and went to bed.

Sunday, Mrs. took off to run some errands early, tested the boundaries of human laziness and drank coffee all morning. Grabbed a quick shower and headed out to shop for a birthday gift and then to the grocery store. Home to put groceries away, play with the pup for a while, watched some footballs, made a cocktail, fixed supper, ate, and then sat down and watched the beloved horror classic Terrordactyl. After this wonderful gem of a movie, I finished up my workweek laundry that I had been putting off and crashed.

A very relaxed weekend on the heels of a very busy and activity-filled December, so it was welcomed. I'm going to give it five Yelp stars and then copy the review over to both Trip Advisor and Angie's List.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh

Jan 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

Saturday watched Wild Card games and made some wings.

Sunday watched Wild Card games and made some philly cheese steaks

Not bad, but boring. Kids are back in school so got a nice, quiet house this morning to catch up on work.

6/10

Lil' weird.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:15 AM

Friday: wasn't doing much, got a sorta late invite to swing by a fran's house, but lazy and wasn't really planning on putting in the effort. 19She's fran down the road texts her and says our house was just on Live PD. Wat? Start piecing it together since we missed the beginning of the show, but some dood was asleep in his truck on Friday afternoon in a trailer park that is (unfortunately) close to my ritzy golf course neighborhood. Cops called for wellness check. Tap on his window. He wakes up and freaks out and takes off. Chase ensues, and he flips his truck in a ditch. He takes off on foot. This was all during daylight hours, like 4pm.

We don't even hear about this until 8 or 8:30. Couple ghetto birds circling over my neighborhood, the one a few blocks down the street, and the unfortunately close trailer park. I grab my Glock (I mean, what if I actually run into the guy?) and walk outside to observe choppers and popo activity. Walk down to the corner of the cul de sac and watch down the street. A neighbor walks out of his house about a block away, and looks at the helicopters, same as me, right? Suddenly, the "neighbor" bolts from the yard he's in, hauls ### across the street and in between houses towards the 7th hole fairway. I'm like "shit, that's the dude!", because no normal person does that. So I call 911 and tell them what I saw and where. Walk back to my house, and get to my driveway when a Berkeley County cruiser pulls up. Cop motions me over and wants me to take him to where I saw the guy. I'm like "do I tell him I have my gun since I don't have a CWP?" I opted against it, and it remained unchambered in my gym shorts pocket. I'm not about encountering felons unarmed, but I'm even less about accidentally shooting my own dick off. I show him and he drops me back off.

Had to have been 60 or 70 city and county police mobilized (and 2 choppers, and at least 8 or 10 dogs) to chase a guy who wrecked his truck and ran. They found a bag of weed in his truck, along with his cell phone and wallet, so he was fully identified. He is a felon, so not allowed to be armed, and no proof that he was armed, "BUT HE MIGHT BE!" Seriously, they probably wasted 6 figures of taxpayer dollars because television cameras were there. What a sham. I hope the involved police departments get taken to task for this. They never even caught the guy and called off the search. Probably knocked on his door on Saturday morning and took him in (you know, since they know who he is and all).

Saturday: watched football and threw some bags and darts. Deshaun is a demigod.

Sunday: tried to be lazy and somehow still got 14K steps in. Made enchiladas for dinner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What "ritzy" golf course neighborhood are you in in Berk.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:18 AM

county??

Crowfield? Or are you on the 41 portion of Berkeley where the rich folk are?

;)

Crowfield. "Ritzy" was tongue in cheek.***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:19 AM

I wasn't dissin on Crowfield just couldn't think of others

Jan 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

in Berk Cty.

You aren't far from me, we should have a beer one day.

or I'll just #### in your back yard next time I play there

Jan 6, 2020, 10:21 AM

;)

Have your people call my people.***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I wasn't dissin on Crowfield just couldn't think of others ]

On DVR, gotta watch now. Did you make it on cam? *******

Jan 6, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Lil' weird. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you wanna cam up with 19B, he has a website and is

Jan 6, 2020, 11:51 AM

relatively cheap.

19B®

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to see his gun. ;) ******

Jan 6, 2020, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never saw any cameras. The cop I rode with was on camera

Jan 6, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to On DVR, gotta watch now. Did you make it on cam? ******* ]

a little later at the flipped truck.

OMG, if he had a bag of weed he was definitely armed

Jan 6, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Lil' weird. ]

Probably specing out the neighborhood for rapes. So glad you're safe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hired a Messican guy from the hood nearby Crowfield

Jan 6, 2020, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Lil' weird. ]

last Spring to deliver and spread pine straw at our IOP casa. He did a good job.
19B®

Weird.....

Jan 6, 2020, 10:21 AM

Friday - grilled up some burgers, played and then put kids to bed. Then, the wife was tired, so she goes to bed. I sit around and have a couple drinks and then my neighbor wants to go and have a couple drinks. I go with him and we slam about what seems like 100 beers, no shots at all, that I know of. Woke up on the couch in the basement with the TV blaring and my wife is so mad. I rarely do such things, especially when just on beer. I think I was dehydrated from my late evening run and was slamming beers too quickly and it all caught up to me. I had to apologize and tuck my tail.

Saturday - coached my sons peewee team. Won and now the only undefeateds in the league. They do not keep score, but the parents do, which is hilarious. I never know till the end, but usually can tell. Lots of naps, watching football, as it was a super dreary day. Kids stayed at grandparents and the wife and I went to a party, but due to my antics on Friday, I had to pass on the beers and going out.

Sunday - grab kids, go to church, pray for myself and others, lunch, lots of napping and just overall exhaustion from the past two weeks. NFL, PeppaPig, Frozen, NFL, Scooby Doo Zombie Land, then hockey, then bed.

Kids back in school!!!!!!!!!!

8/10 due to my loud music antics on Friday night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

first weekend since I can't remember when w/ no booze

Jan 6, 2020, 11:51 AM

Fri - first dawghater2fam steak night of the decade. paired with a nice glass of cranberry juice. watched some tube w/ the wife and had some sheet wrastlin time

Sattidy - woke up and worked out. got home and cooked a dope ### omlette. sat around the house, did some odds and ends sh!t, cooked some burgers (wife ate a lettuce wrap burger b/c 2020). DeShaun is the man. Holy #### what a game. Good to see the pats go down, sh!tty to be on the other side of that bet

Sunday - woke up and helped the wife get out. her dad is having surgery today so she headed up to Franklin. T's and P's - FIL a cool ### dude. After that, went to Bass Pro to get some knick knacks for the hunt trip coming up. came home and knocked out some honey dew items.

didn't drink a drop all weekend! holee hayull it was tough. trying to make it until our sales conference and then the frat bro duck hunting trip. luckily the pots aren't drinking tho amirite?

7.5 / 10 - sunny, intercourse, good eats, worked out, tigers didn't lose but nothing spectacular

Tip, kombucha is a good substitute for drinking something

Jan 6, 2020, 1:25 PM

Wife and I did a period of no booze last year and a few glasses of that each night helped with the sipping on something habit. Key is finding some you like, Lenny Boy out of Charlotte is good if it's sold around you.

Lenny Boy does indeed make a palatable kombucha.***

Jan 6, 2020, 2:42 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was Great!!!

Jan 6, 2020, 3:23 PM

Friday: Bowled with family and friends.

Saturday: worked a little, practice basketball with Myfavjr. Took him hunting, cooked out and read before bed.

Sunday: Church and dinner with mom. Threw football with jr. and shot some basketball. Took him to his moms. Went to pond and chilled for an hour or so. Grilled ribs and baked scalloped potatoes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic