Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
? Would CJ be #1 in Heisman poll IF he was here & was having
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 873

? Would CJ be #1 in Heisman poll IF he was here & was having

Oct 8, 2013, 4:00 PM

one of his great years with those lightening fast returns or runs?! What say you?

And, Right now Tajh is Not Standing Out "heads & shoulders" YET from the other fine candidates IMO..since a handful of players are having as fine a season so far as he.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still confused as to how he was 6th in the voting that

Oct 8, 2013, 4:04 PM

year. I don't recall who won it or who all went to New York.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still confused as to how he was 6th in the voting that

Oct 8, 2013, 4:14 PM

Because Clemson was not a national contender,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why this award really lost all its meaning, if it

Oct 8, 2013, 4:17 PM

ever had one. Just like MVPs. Sure, the best player on the best team is going to be in the conversation but so should a guy who carries those less talented.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ? Would CJ be #1 in Heisman poll IF he was here & was having

Oct 8, 2013, 4:09 PM

It was all about the slow start for us in 2009. Remember we start 2-3. Really hard to come back from that.

CJ got hosed in 2009

Oct 8, 2013, 4:23 PM

It was ridiculous to think that CJ wasn't in the top 5 college players that season. He played with a turf toe injury all season. We held him out in blowout games instead of padding his stats more. I've never seen teams rather kick it out of bounds than to the returner and that is what started happening that season.
It hurt him that we weren't able to pull off the TCU game and had that awful Maryland loss (even though he had that ridiculous return in that game).
For an all purpose guy like CJ was, you needed the team to be top 15-top 10, preferably top 5. QBs like RGIII can afford a little less it seems.

There has been a stigma about Clemson football on the national scene as we all know. CJ suffered from that in 2009 and it cost him his trip to New York that he clearly deserved. Hopefully this season will put an end to that mess.

we were 8-5 at the time of the voting........

Oct 8, 2013, 4:39 PM

cj was most definitely the top 5 players, but right, wrong, or indifferent the hiesman takes into account team success also

Replies: 6
| visibility 873
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic