Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 10, 2018, 7:48 AM

Iowa addition.

M-Th last week, in Iowa. It was Iowa.

Friday, lazy day, did some shopping and watched the Blackberry Smoke live stream.

Saturday, went Boiling Springs for some Kick Back Cove moonshine and New Groove Beers. Tote1 met us. Fun times.

Sunday, stayed at home due to the weather.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

######

Dec 10, 2018, 7:52 AM

Fri: cold AF
Sat: weather was ######
Sun: weather was ######

3/10

Wood dew again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a footnote...

Dec 10, 2018, 8:12 AM

We have 0" of snow. Power went out yesterday morning for about 5 minutes. When it came back on, my sound bar was broked. Watching foosball with the "TV speakers" has the sux. After trying a different optical cable, and even 3.5 MM aux cable, I pulled out the manual for sound bar. I did a factory reset, and all is well now.

Downgrade for the inconvenience.

2.5/10

TIL that Micallen lives in Society Hill

Dec 10, 2018, 2:46 PM

Or possibly Cheraw

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 10, 2018, 7:56 AM

Friday I worked until 8, went to pick up Daughterof from school at 930. They went to Hotlanta for a field trip and were supposed to be back at 730 That was some BS

Saturday took her shopping while Jr went to Region Band auditions where he scored high. Laid around in the afternoon Tried to watch the Army Navy game but fell asleep. Woke up to a message from Aero asking me to bring my daughter to the bar and hang out with him. Which we did.

Sunday played in the snow. Took pics of the snow. Snowed. Snow

Working from home today so basically extended weekend

Lazy, very lazy

Dec 10, 2018, 7:57 AM

Still getting over cold
Snowmaggedon
Baby it’s cold outside.....

######

Dec 10, 2018, 8:02 AM

Fri - meh

Sat - got dragged out in the cold, wet rain to look for a car for trainwreck of a step-daughter. She brings along her annoying roommate. I would rather take an icepick to the eyeball than spend time with these two. No luck finding car. Highlight was dropping them off so we could take baby to the mall to see Santa afterwards, and then grubbing down on raw oysters, fried shrimp and fried oysters at Rhinehart's. Home, wife and I both tired af, no redhead things.

Sun - wife has to work, weather sucks. I have baby, make her pancakes, do dishes, do laundry, go to grocery store, do laundry, cook red beans and rice, do dishes. Wife gets home, step-daughter calls wife being a whiny little bitch because she doesn't have a car yet. I get pissed. Go to bed, both too tired for redhead things.

negative toofuckingmanytocount/fuckingsucked

Wood knot dew again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Very good

Dec 10, 2018, 8:02 AM

Friday - Went fishing, caught 38 bass on Russell. Fri night was work party, ate 40 pieces of sushi + dessert

Saturday - Lazy around house, went to in-laws for dinner & collecting kids

Sunday - Stayed home all day, played in 1/2 inch of sleet with Mcjr for about 30 mins, never lost power was nice.

8/10

How deep...

Dec 10, 2018, 8:51 AM

were the bass?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Largemouths were shallow in 4-8 ft

Dec 10, 2018, 9:17 AM

Spots were 10-15 ft deep. Water was 55 degrees.

Welp, The Tigers and the Panthers lost but I didn't die

Dec 10, 2018, 8:10 AM

I had a really sleety weekend.

Went out for some groceries on sattidy morning and haven't done anything much since.

-2.66/10 cuz no snow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

raked 15 bags of leaves

Dec 10, 2018, 8:12 AM

pinched nerve in my shoulder blade
lazy ### sunday watching the snow fall and drinking gin and tonics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Up & Down

Dec 10, 2018, 8:16 AM

Friday - late breakfast at Mon Ami, stockpiled for Snowmageddon18, supper at Hare & Hound, Tryon Christmas Stroll, Gone With the Wind

Saturday- smoked a chuck roast, made chili with it, waited for crap weather

Sunday - 13 inches of frozen stuff, 3 trees down, roof over deck collapsed emptied over 1/2 the dvr

Not b, clearing the aftermath will be a pain though

I love Hare and Hound

Dec 10, 2018, 8:18 AM

Will return next time I'm in that area.

Lemme see

Dec 10, 2018, 8:22 AM

Satdiddy was to go hunting. Pouring rain, 35 degrees, and a killer sinus infection nixed that. Took kids to practice for Christmas play at church. Kept kids while wife baked cupcakes for 4 hours. Kept kids Friday night while wife weaved a blanket at some arts class. Bought a truckload of groceries for mom. Took out her garbage. Got the mail. Treated her water system and fixed her heater and internet. Went and saw dad. Dementia is pretty bad now. Thought he was at the lake house. Sunday went to the Christmas play at church. Then church. Bought a tree. Decorated said tree. Moved the fvckin elf on the shelf each night and wrote two elf notes. 4yo pays attention to the elf. After everyone asleep I finally submitted that expense report for work.

Overall 7/10.weather sucked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went Fri to gdaughters church school program where

Dec 10, 2018, 8:29 AM

She was dressed as a snowman as her class did the Baby Shark song.
https://mashable.com/video/baby-shark-song-holiday-lights.amp

The brother of the woman who runs our kid's preschool

Dec 10, 2018, 12:31 PM

Lives 2 miles away and has a baby shark Christmas light display. How his neighbors have not firebombed his house is beyond me. They have cops directing traffic in and out of the neighborhood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for being a good son.

Dec 10, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Lemme see ]

I tried to help my mother but I couldn't get her off the roof or stop he crowing like a rooster. She was squirrelchit crazy after daddy died in 1971. I envy your opportunity and performance and commend your great honor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somewhere between Meh and epic.

Dec 10, 2018, 8:45 AM

Friday, slept late, got up and did the lazy coffee thing, then started on weekend chores. Took pup to vet for her check up, hung out at RH Mom's for a bit, went to the grocery store before blizzard stupids started rolling in. Came home, drank a few bourbon & hot Blenheim Ginger Ales, watched live stream of Blackberry Smoke concert, flipped over after the show to watch Maine upset Weber State, then crashed.

Saturday, Mrs. Tig wanted to go Xmas shopping but her Mom's medical alert went off and she went to meet her at the emergency room. She was having trouble breathing but they did a treatment there, changed her meds, and sent her home, where she's doing fine. I ran out after lunch and did a few little Xmas errands, came home and drank beers and watched Army-Navy. Left around 7 for the 98th quarterly meeting of our supper club. A great time was had by all. Came home and fel asleep in the Big Chair, then got up sometime during the night and went to bed.

Sunday, got up and wished Mrs. Tig a happy birthday, and we proceeded to lay around and do less than nothing all day long while it rained unflavored Hawaiian shaved ice on Rock Hill. Went out with the pupa few times, but other than that I avoided walking in winter horrorland because the weather outside was frightful. Made spaghetti for the Mrs. but we'll go do the birthday supper thing later in the week. Worked on music playlists for a couple of hours, then crashed.

The weekend had highs and lows, so I'm going to give it a potato.carrot rating overall.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 8:49 AM

Fine. Except for actually paying for the new (to me) interior wood trim for my car I sat on my butt and prayed my electricity wouldn't fail.

Twas OK

Dec 10, 2018, 8:56 AM

Friday went home after work and went to Verizon to get a new phone and then to a Christmas party with Church folks. Only had 4 beers, a couple mini bottles of Fireball and some Eagle Rare so it was kinda tame when we left. Forgot to eat dinner. Got kinda rowdy late that evening I hear.

Saturday up early for the gym. No outside running cause cold AF and ice storm coming. Home for lunch and wife went to grocery store while boys slept. Rain started, stayed inside, watched some TV and then made dinner. After kids went to sleep we wrapped presents for about an hour and a half. Sleeps.

Sunday up early but no church. Kids are ready to bust out of the house, but we didn't get any good snow, 70/30 rain to frozen stuff. It is nasty out and it will not stop raining. Yard looks like a swamp. Kids drove us crazy all day until they went to my parent's house next door. We took advantage of a kid-free house by doing what adults do...putting together bikes for Christmas, cooking dinner, and watching Shameless. Kids came back minus one who gets to spend the night and we give them benadryl and send them to sleep so we can get some more stuff done. This was the more fun stuff that has to do with delivering packages, just not the Christmas kind....sex.

Woke up this morning to 90/10 slush to snow. Drove to work, getting last couple weeks wrapped up starting now.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dafuque kinda church you go to?

Dec 10, 2018, 8:59 AM

The Church of Hellraisers? That's a lot more drankin' going on than any church I've been to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Presbyterian. It is our Sunday School class and we like

Dec 10, 2018, 9:00 AM

to party. Some harder than others.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, Scots. Y'all need to have a sectarian drinking battle

Dec 10, 2018, 9:06 AM

with the Whiskeypalians. Scots vs. The English. Winner take all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We started a running group at church a while back and

Dec 10, 2018, 9:24 AM

when it got cold, it fizzled out. On Friday we started hatching out plans to start a new group but instead of meeting in the mornings and running, we will meet in the evenings and drink bourbon and smoke cigars.

I prefer having BOTH groups, but one sounds ALOT easier than the other.

Church planting should be no problem for you lot.

Dec 10, 2018, 9:37 AM

Got lplenty on here that would prolly sign up.

Sad that you missed the candle lighting this past Sunday.

Dec 10, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to We started a running group at church a while back and ]

http://mentalfloss.com/article/566826/golden-girls-prayer-candles-say-thank-you-for-being-a-friend

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Rose, it is always LIT AF***

Dec 10, 2018, 9:42 AM

taking time off between gigs?***

Dec 10, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Twas OK ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just 4 days around the new year. I thought about taking

Dec 10, 2018, 9:48 AM

more time off but the kids will be out of school and I will just sit around the house doing nothing. Might as well get it started.

I always take a couple weeks off between gigs.

Dec 10, 2018, 11:51 AM

1 reason is to wash the old job off because it probably sucked and that's why i left it, so I don't want to drag that old baggage to the new gig. Another reason is that realistically, you won't be able to take any time off from your new gig for the next 9 months to a year, so..yeah.

Re: Twas OK

Dec 10, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Twas OK ]

Presbyterians here have a group that meets at RJ Rockers called What Would Jesus Brew?

Gives the Baptist’s something to talk about I tell ya.

What I got from all of that was....

Dec 10, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Twas OK ]

You live next door to your parents?

Sorry bruh....

Yeah, thought that was clear in previous posts.

Dec 10, 2018, 2:01 PM

Free land is my kind of land. It is a PITA sometimes, but we will move eventually, after they die and/or are moved into a nursing facility.

You have to weigh the PITA of living next door to your

Dec 10, 2018, 2:26 PM

parents and easy baby-sitting, versus having to put up with them. Hey, FYI (I speak from experience), if your parents go into a nursing home, you better hope they squirreled away a TON of cash for retirement. Otherwise, that land, well......$8K a month for a skilled nursing facility ain't cheap.

My dad's been in skilled nursing care for a little over 2 years now.

Wintery.

Dec 10, 2018, 8:58 AM

Friday - Mrs. PAW and I had some alone time before the kids all got home. Then we had a big Chinese takeout dinner. I went to bed full and *ahem* satisfied.

Satdee - LFC win, MCFC lose, LFC go top. Meanwhile, we prep for snowmaggedon. I get some work done. Go to the gym and get a hard workout in, knowing I'm likely to be snowbound for a few days. Watch ATL win the American excuse for soccer championship.

Sunday - snowmageddon hits. Snows all day. 3rd-highest one-day snow total ever in Roanoke. Biggest snow drifts I have ever seen in Virginny. We ate well. Pancakes, eggs, fresh-juiced OJ, and sausage in da mawn. Decorated the tree and drank eggnog and ate cookies. Cooked my grannie's veg soup and let it simmer all day. Had it with cornbread for dinner last night. Me & the missus had a pre-dinner Moscow mule. Tried to play in the snow, but not packable. Plus, at the rate it was falling, there was no need in trying to clear it. Canceled work for today - I was supposed to drive to Lynchburg - that ain't happening.

Today - unintended day off, but I have some stuff to catch up on and maybe even get ahead on.

Dec 10, 2018, 9:08 AM

Got drunk and almost pissed in my pants before waking myself up.

Took the pup to get his picture taken with Santa for Christmas cards. Him was not amuse.

Ate good.

Santa does not look amused either.***

Dec 10, 2018, 9:29 AM

Morning yall..

Dec 10, 2018, 9:31 AM

I worked all week and all weekend. Today is my 7th day in a row and i have 4 more to go..Didn't do anything else except read everyone's snow posts.

Trying to make it one day at a time.

Hope yall are good.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long have you been a slave?***

Dec 10, 2018, 9:44 AM

Re: How long have you been a slave?***

Dec 10, 2018, 10:00 AM

For quite some time now...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5 Day Weekend was awesome

Dec 10, 2018, 9:38 AM

Went to Asheville on Friday. Hit up Sierra Nevada, unloaded our gear at my buddy's house, drank some more beers. The rest of our 7 person gang showed up and we ate (and drank) at Red Ginger, which was really good. Showed up late to Christmas Jam, but saw Mike Gordon (good), Grace Potter (good), and Dark Side of the Mule (awesome). Jim James (from My Morning Jacket) made a few cameo appearances which was cool. Made it back to the house around 3:30am or so. The whole group minus SarahAdidas were shiittthammmeeerrrreeeedd.

Woke up the next AM, made breakfast, back to Sierra Nevada (must have walked right Crulez and MrsRulez) then to Wicked Weed and Burial, then back home. Came home with 6 sixpacks of Burial Surf Wax and 2 fourpacks of Burial Griddle Stout. We were going to stay in Asheville until Sunday, decided to skip town due to the impending Snow-pocolypse. Good thing that we did. My buddy reported that he has well over 1' of snow on Sunday Morning, so we would have definitely been snowed-in.

Slept in on Sunday.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Atlanta United won the cup

Dec 10, 2018, 9:40 AM

Falcons continued the suck...counting the days until the Tigers play again. 8/10

No snow, so not bad butt.....

Dec 10, 2018, 9:59 AM

Friday: worked late, had office holiday party at local brewery, had a great time. Went home, and slept.

Saturday: back into work, stayed there until 7PM. Came home cleared the storm drains, dried out, showered, watched MLS Cup, then bed

Sunday: back into work a bit, took kids skating a while, watched footy ball (yo aerozeptallica, how about dem Raiders ?) Watched some Netflix, footy ball again and bed.

6/10 - work sux, butt no snow

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get chapped every time I see Mack and Cooper show out.***

Dec 10, 2018, 10:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not bad I guess

Dec 10, 2018, 10:05 AM

Spent the whole weekend unpacking and laying on the sofa. Mostly laid on the sofa. Began unpacking and supposedly kept putting things in the wrong place, and having to move them again. So I gave up and just drank beer. Weekend was kind of a blur, honestly. After the Texans game yesterday I think I just kind of sat there like a fat sack of shid zoning in and out of consciousness. Kind of feel depressed about it looking back.

Oh, I did go look at golf carts. Times are apparently good in the golf cart industry. I think I want a gray one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a blue-gray one for sale I think

Dec 10, 2018, 10:58 AM

Battery powered though

I'm not totally opposed to electric...check tmail***

Dec 10, 2018, 11:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still got The Power!

Dec 10, 2018, 10:05 AM

About 10 inches today and still have power, awesome.

Throwed down a bunch of salt and ice melt, burned bunches of leaves, cut down some trees, and frustrated myself on Navy football.

pretty good

Dec 10, 2018, 10:19 AM

took off early on Thursday and went to Christmas pre-jam in Asheville. Checked out One World Brewing which was cool. In a basement, beer was good but forgot what I had. Decided to get our wrist bands at Orange Peel for the show and found out that people that donate to WNCW are treated as royalty so went in and ate their free food. Show was good but not many stars from the Christmas Jam were there. Marco Benevento's set was awesome, sax dude Ron Holloway was awesome, some local Asheville bands were good, Warren Haynes was awesome as always. Show lasted until around 11:30, went to Jack of the Wood for a beer, then went to Waffle House and pigged out.

Got up relatively early on Friday and got a chicken/egg/cheese biscuit and a side of gravy at Biscuit Head which was very good. Tried to stop off at some breweries on the way back to GA but got denied. Hung out with the dog in the rain for the afternoon and chilled that night.

Got up Saturday and walked the dog. Went to Talmo Grill in historic Talmo GA and got a really good burger and fries. Since we didn't go brewery hopping on Friday, I was not going to be denied. Checked out Creature Comforts, Southern, and Akedemia brewing in Athens. Creature Comforts is always good, but Southern was very strong. Akedemia was OK. Went home and made chili.

Got up Sunday and went to church then hit the Mayflower restaurant for bfast. Went home walked the dog, got all the Christmas stuff down, bought a tree and got it up in the house with lights. Made some burgers and tots for dinner.

The end, need to stop eating

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

1/10....Back to work from vacation.....Sucks......'Nuff Said***

Dec 10, 2018, 10:34 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, let me tell you bout this weekend of mine

Dec 10, 2018, 10:34 AM

This is always the most horrible weekend of the year, cause back to back birthdays for lilmissgrouching (8th) and Grouchingwife (9th).

Friday: Date night for the grouchings. Went to dinner and then saw Bohemian Rhapsody. I thought it was great. Grouchingwife was displeased with minutae that she knows about because she's read every biography about Freddie Mercury and Queen. Basically, if you like the music, you're gonna like the movie. Thought they could have had a better actor than the guy they picked, and GOODGAWDAWMIGHTY did they overemphasize the overbite with the prosthetics. The rest of the cast was stone cold lockdowns of the rest of the band. Overall, movie was solid, as well as the post date night relations that were had.

Saturday: lilmissgrouching's birthday. Party wasn't till Sunday, due to lack of attentiveness in selecting the venue. However, she opened up all her presents and enjoyed them, then asked for more, because typical greedy six year old. Then she went to a friends birthday party, which I did not go to. I find that turning 40 makes it easier to just say no when asked if I want to go do something, instead of coming up with a bullshiite excuse. Grouchingwife doesn't quite get that bluntness, so she still asks me why I don't want to go. New standard answer to that question "You asked me if I wanted to go. I don't". Oh well. Saturday night was spent on a hay ride through a neighborhood in town that overdecorates for Christmas.

Sunday: Grouchingwife's birthday and lilmissgrouching's birthday party. Whole lot of children from kindergarden class as well as Grouchingwife's foolish friends. lilmissgrouching had a grand ole time running amuck for two hours at a facility full of random styles of jumping castles, then pizza and cake. No presents there, we convinced her to ask for donations to the local hospital's pediatric center because there is no room in my household for more toys. Came home, sat comatose on the couch for a while, then gave grouchingwife the requested birthday relations.

8/10, would do the relations again, will do the same celebrations (minus the overexpensive party) next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 10:41 AM

Mom in town.

Ate a lot of good food.

Watched NFL.

Watched Patriots Day

Cleaned up the yard.

Relaxed.

Checked out Tnet as usual.

(Interesting facts about the Boston bombers. They came to the US and were granted asylum. The interesting part is they became US citizens on Sept 11, 2012.)

Had potential but was a letdown

Dec 10, 2018, 10:52 AM

Friday: Left work at noon. Drove to Asheville. Went to Red Ginger for dinner and Twin Leaf (absolute trash) and the Funkatorium. Ended up at Antidote to close the night. Stayed up till 4am playing cards and drinking.

Saturday: woke up and it was snowing. Had breakfast at the house and headed to Sierra Nevada. Got there. Those hipster snowflake ##### shut down for the light amount of snow coming down at the time. We then tried to go to New Belgium but decided just to head back to Durham to play it safe. Went to the Durham Hi-Wire and tried two of their beers and they are also downright ####. Had mexican for dinner.

Sunday: Woke up in Raleigh to a lot of snow. Braved the elements to go get Ellie from boarding. Got stuff to make Chili. Went on a snow filled walk with the pup. Watched the Office, Solo and Crazy Rich Asians all day.

Today: Still dumping snow. At work.

8/10. Would have been perfect had we had more time in Asheville.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic