Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have not anything,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I have not anything,

Nov 19, 2018, 12:02 AM

I have not have anything against standing up and hollering for the team.
But not standing up all the time for the whole game. While other people
Like to sit down and watch the game. That what they pay for a seat to
Watch the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 12:12 AM

turn down that loud music and get off my lawn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I have not anything,

Nov 19, 2018, 12:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 8:54 AM

I'm with Owensb01 on this one

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 12:32 AM

Did you talk to the central manager ?
Name's Munson ... he makes problems disappear .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 19, 2018, 2:24 AM

In re: to the OP, i have to share this funny story.

Back in the mid 80's we were starved for pro sports in Charleston. Well, the basketball coach at my school got 3 tickets to an NBA exhibition game held at Carolina Coliseum between the defending champion 76ers and some other pro team nobody cared about. My dad was a fan of all Philly teams, even after moving south, because he had stuck with them all the years they were losers, but he never watched NBA. The game moved too fast for him.
Well, the 3 of us--me, Dad, and bball coach-- were enjoying the game, sitting behind this cool glass see-through backboard, watching some chunky rookie named Barkley throwing down these two-handed slams that rocked the whole basket. Then partway through the third quarter, Mo Cheeks made a steal and delivered a baseball pass to #6 with a mini-afro streaking downcourt alone. The whole crowd leapt to its feet as one, and we all went crazy when #6--Dr J--rocked the cradle and gently dunked the ball before quietly heading back downcourt.
We were so happy we were giving double high fives to everybody near us, even the strangers, when i saw my dad was still in his seat. I said, "Dad, please tell me you got to see Dr J dunk!"
"No," he responded. "Everybody stood up and spoiled my view. I didn't want to spill my peanuts."

Dr J didn't dunk any more that night.

True story.

Stay home. Or at least out of my section.***

Nov 19, 2018, 6:59 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stay home. Or at least out of my section.***

Nov 19, 2018, 7:14 AM

^^^this!!! Anybody that’s got a problem with people standing at a game should just stay home. You can sit down in your living room!!!!

Yes, you're right.

Nov 19, 2018, 7:09 AM

You have not anything.

Your ticket only reserves a "space" for you in the stadium

Nov 19, 2018, 7:15 AM

You can use that space to sit or stand. No one said you have to watch the game. But, if you are in the space behind me, and you want to watch the game, i suggest you stand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

True story

Nov 19, 2018, 7:50 AM

I got fussed at for standing up to stretch during a TV time out in the 4th quarter. I guess she has a thing for the “ red shirt guy”

That's the dumbest poem I've ever read

Nov 19, 2018, 8:30 AM

It doesn't even rhyme.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's not supposed to rhyme...

Nov 19, 2018, 8:32 AM

it's haiku you moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Nov 19, 2018, 8:38 AM

I have never td’d a post on this site but if I was gonna start td’lng posts , this would be the one I’d start with. What the hell are you talking about?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all the family atmosphere we have cultivated at Clemson games,

Nov 19, 2018, 8:49 AM

I’m constantly disappointed when this topic comes up on TigerNet. Because it always goes this way.

I don’t know the original poster and I’m assuming that no one else does either. Not everyone can stand for the whole game.

I don’t go to games anymore but for about fifteen years I had season tickets. I was extremely loud for the entire game. Every Sunday was the day to nurse my voice. And I always checked behind me to see if the fans were standing or sitting. If they were sitting but seemed young and able bodied enough, I gave them so encouragement to stand. If they declined, or if I could tell they were a little older, I’d just sit and scream instead. It really doesn’t make any difference and more people got to enjoy their experience.

I’m just surprised how congenial we are as a fan base until someone dares to not want to stand for the entire game.

And I know, it goes both ways...like the lady that complained about someone standing during a TV timeout. But really...maybe she’s just tired of looking at nothing but your back and thought that would be her one moment to see the field?

null

I can't attend all of the games, but when I do I make sure

Nov 19, 2018, 10:52 AM

to choose seating on the first row of a section. It's a help for those who can't stand the entire, or most of the game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic