Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can KB2 back up and ask not to redshirt????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,976

Can KB2 back up and ask not to redshirt????

Sep 26, 2018, 6:34 PM

I still don't think he has thoroughly thought this out. Personally, I'd LOVE for him to tell the team I've made a bad decision, and would like to come back if possible. I think he can be the next Derion Kendrick at the next level, like Alshon Jeffrey. I don't think he'd be drafted as a QB by anyone, but as a skills player, he may find that niche with a team.

Heck, he could still play now. Just wondering too, what kind of corner/safety/nickel could he be, as well as a wide-out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no that ship has sailed***

Sep 26, 2018, 6:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I sure hope he didn't board the

Sep 26, 2018, 6:42 PM

Titanic....

Has he pulled out of school?

Sep 26, 2018, 6:39 PM

If not, can’t he “burn the redshirt” later, if it is mutually decided to be the best course of action?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

????????

Sep 26, 2018, 6:42 PM

Where do you and plenty of others get this idea that he is some kind of super athlete? He is not especially fast, he has no experience as a receiver that I know of. We have lots of stupendous athletes at receiver - he isn't close to them.

Who do you want on the bench so this not very fast, inexperienced player can be on the field? T Higgins? Justin Ross? Hunter Renfro? Amari Rogers?

I'm just really stunned that this asinine idea keeps coming up. EVERY football player - heck most sports - has to make a decision, usually pretty early on, as to their position/specialty. He decided to spend years behind Watson hoping for his chance at QB. Are you under the impression that it never once occurred to him that he could get on the field and be a hero immediately if he just said, 'put me in coach - I'll catch passes"? Or maybe he knew darn well he is not a receiver.

No, Kelly has all his chips in on being a QB and good luck to him. His football career is coming to a close - he'll have one final act somewhere else. What he won't have is an ACC Championship ring and possibly another shot at a National Championship.

Well, I just asked the question.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:49 PM

Thanks for your honest answer. Some(like me..) look through orange-colored glasses and hope to see someone make an positive adjustment rather than throw up their hands in dismay. And I do think the coaching staff was very fair with him, maybe too much so.
I will say this. CDS's meeting with KB2 was described as emotional, and it should not have been that at all.

He’s 22 and the

Sep 26, 2018, 6:55 PM

Kid got his dream crushed, no matter the circumstance or how justified it was, that’s emotional.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All good

Sep 26, 2018, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Well, I just asked the question. ]

and I hope I didn't come on too strong. I am under the strong impression that Kelly lost his head with Dabo when he met on Sunday. Dabo had to tell him to take the afternoon practice off because Kelly was too angry and he could not reason with him.

Spending a career as the backup to Deshaun Watson is not such a terrible thing, especially when you don't have the chops to make it to the next level. Then he gets a year and a third as a starter. Kelly had a great career at Clemson - ACC Championships, Bowl games, and a National Championship. Wow - seriously, WOW.

But it's his life and career and I for one have no hard feelings at all about his choice to leave. I think it is a bad idea because I don't think more than a very few NFL teams will even give him a sniff. The best advice he could get right now is to be classy and grateful in his comments about Clemson because bad-mouthing this team now will be the end of any career potential he has, I'd think. It is already clear the pundits think this was the right decision so he has already lost that argument.

If I were Dabo I would not take him back though I think there is no chance he'll ask for that. You can't call him a leader then say our leader quit on us, said he wasn't treated fairly, but now he has a different opinion. Yeah, that'll work. : )

Re: ????????

Sep 26, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to ???????? ]

I personally think he’d be a good WR/RB...he’s dangerous when he takes off and runs...let’s say he did make that switch to be a WR/RB...I think he’d see more playing time at RB because it’s not AS DEEP. Heck I’d even try him at KR. And I do have a legit question...do you think he would’ve had a great shot at surpassing Choice and/or Dixon on the depth chart??? They both do seem pretty average to me and he’s definitely more explosive than them but give me your thoughts.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:03 PM

Simple answer - we are talking about playing, certainly not against Syracuse at this point - so 6 games into the season. This is with what 7-8 practices at the position? And he would be better than who again - Ross, Higgins, Renfro?

Look, if he decided to be a receiver and worked at it - who knows, maybe next fall he could get on the field. But not this year, not here, not anywhere with a receiver corps with a pulse. It's just too far into the year.

At running back? I think you seriously underestimate what it takes to be a great running back.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:15 PM

He doesn’t need to be great. There’s plenty of quarterbacks that hasn’t played a snap at RB in college but did in the NFL. Michael Robinson and Denard Robinson are the first two that come to mind. If Kelly puts his pride to the side like Braxton Miller, he could make it work while still in college IF he plans on being successful at the next level. That’s IF he were to stay at Clemson (as a RB) but ultimately I think he’s better off as a WR somewhere else IF he plans on playing in the NFL

Sep 26, 2018, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: ???????? ]

Tim Tebow would probably be a great tight end . . but he wouldn't do it. Rather, he is playing baseball. KB will not be a NFL QB, everyone knows that but him.

Totally agree***

Sep 26, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to ???????? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks to all for an interesting thread....

Sep 26, 2018, 10:18 PM

Once in a while, i can come up with a thought just outside the box that piques some good response from all y'uns here. I know a lot of the time i'm cutting up with you.

Love you guys a lot.

Ron

If he begged to come back, which he won't, I would say NO.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:22 PM

No way should he be allowed back on the team after all of the crap he said and did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If he begged to come back, which he won't, I would say NO.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:26 PM

Spot on Judge. Dabo would in a very gentlemanly way tell him you had your chance. Good luck and goodbye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,976
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic