Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 128
| visibility 201

New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl

Dec 27, 2015, 10:56 AM

Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl

Let the trash talking begin. Oklahoma and Clemson players descended on the media hotel early Sunday morning for their first round of Orange Bowl Interviews, and it was obvious from the start that Oklahoma wants to win the battle of the trash talk.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl

Dec 27, 2015, 11:05 AM

OU can talk all the trash they want but once you put those pads on and strap your helmet it won't help you! Keep adding fuel to the fire and see what it gets you!! Let's Go Tigers!!

Dec 27, 2015, 3:02 PM

I hope that we have so many of them laying out on the field, they will have to use their little Pony wagon to help with the carting them of the field with their blood dripping through the cracks of their pony sh!t smelling covered wagon. Show those free land seekers they won't be allowed to come south and and make claim on land that we have already claimed. We ran them land thieving sumbitches off of our claim of the Orange Bowl last year. And we will send those land squatting sumbitches with their slutty Saloon wives, and their dirty little barefooted crumb snatching snotty nose kids back to their dirt farms in Oklahoma with the sh!t beat out of them. Their chit will be falling from their pants legs onto those tobacco juice pisss soaked floors of their piece of sh!t raggedy A$S covered wagons. Go Tigers, Head-um up, and send them sooner's back to Oklahoma with their AS$ES skint the h&ll up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent assessment allorange, but

Dec 27, 2015, 5:35 PM

I think you're holding back a little! For this long timer Clemson fan that post made my day.

Re: Excellent assessment allorange, but

Dec 27, 2015, 10:41 PM

Well you know they got the crap kicked out them last year. Now they come to our site "talking" cold chit about what they are going to do to us just as they did last year. They did not play or beat not one top 10 team this year with us beating 3 top 10 teams with ND @ #8, FSU @ #9, and NC Tar heels @ #10. And the best team they beat was #11 TCU, and Ole Miss #12, both are in the top 15. We are ranked #1, they are ranked #4. And still all they want to talk about, is brag about their team and how they are going to beat us. They are the ones that most has something to prove, and they come to our board to tell us how they are going to beat us. Well they have the easy part done, the talking about it. Now they better load their wagon and bring it, bc talk is free, like the land the Government gave them, so they would have a place to live. They know what free is, it's coming with their hands out!!! The only thing Our Tigers will give them is a free A$S kicking!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:allin

Dec 27, 2015, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl ]

so let me see, you don't like the land thieves, and they "sooner" leave with the chit beat out of them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:allin

Dec 28, 2015, 1:52 PM

You got it, I pretty much feel the same as I did last time we played them a year ago. I lost all respect for a talked about battled, bc there is never a winner. This is the way I like seeing it done, it takes all the BS, and the talking out of the game. I like the way Marvin Gaye says it. Lets Get It On!!!

This actually what happen the last time Oklahoma fans talked about how they were going to Kick our A$S. This is the way that worked out for them and their little Donkey and wagon show!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZVNRN1tUQ

Dec 30, 2015, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl ]

Our young men have shown a lot of class during the media questions..as far as them shutting down I think our players will do their talking on the field. Tigers, I know you guys are good and I hope you will just ignore them as best you can. Tigers, do not let them provoke you into making bad decisions. That is what they are trying to do. They think if you guys come out trying to show them that you are going to prove something to them...they can take you out of your game plan. Ignore them...stay focused and don't let them provoke you into making mistakes or getting penalties. I believe in you guys and I believe you will stay focused. BE...the Team at the end of the game because you BELIEVE and you EXECUTE. Focus Tigers...one play at a time GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe in each other...you have overcome adversity before and missing three of our players you will overcome. Don't forget you've faced adversity all year long. Tigers be cool...stay away from things that you may not know what you are into. Have fun...but be aware of everything you do and drink. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

They are in for a rude awakening

Dec 27, 2015, 11:06 AM

If they believe BM is better than DW. That is their first mistake. Already underestimating him.

And if they think trash talking will shut the Tigers down? Boy oh boy.

This will be a great game to watch, gonna be a battle for sure.

Doesn't feel like it, honestly.

Dec 27, 2015, 2:29 PM

Clemson is calm and ready to play, Oklahoma is trying to convince themselves they're cocky. Still a few days away, but right now it feels like we're going to destroy them and both teams know it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as a coach if you have to play..

Dec 27, 2015, 11:06 AM

last years beating for your team to get them fired up about playing in a play off game..then there may be some issues with your team..hope we wreck them

Uh oh, I am SO skeered...

Dec 27, 2015, 11:13 AM

... but H**L NAH!, our Tiger's AIN'T SKEERT!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Our Tigers talk with their play! Keep talking

Dec 27, 2015, 11:15 AM

Crap. They think they are giving themselves the edge. How did that work for Miami? We don't have to talk crap to win. If you are an okey reading this how can you support this? I'd much rather pull for my boys who are classy. The only thing our coaches and players did was build your team up. I like this. It will backfire. You are actually giving us the mental edge. Keep talking, we'll be too busy playing. I was having some trouble disliking Oklahoma, but that problem is solved. Thanks. Go Tigers! Keep it classy and just win!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mac tells every WR he is going to shut their #### down

Dec 27, 2015, 11:18 AM

then he does

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mac tells every WR he is going to shut their #### down

Dec 27, 2015, 11:29 AM

Lawson and Mac both talk trash from the first whistle to the last. We got some guys who can trash talk with the best of em. They just do it on the field instead of in the media

Mike Tyson said it best...

Dec 27, 2015, 1:13 PM

Everybody talks trash until they get popped in the mouth. Then it's on.

Shepard should remember well. Text book shut down.***

Dec 27, 2015, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Mac tells every WR he is going to shut their #### down ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Let's hope that they expect us to lay down scared when they

Dec 27, 2015, 11:17 AM

act like bullies and trash talk.

It's a team culture. We are very different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Revenge is NOT a good motivational tool

Dec 27, 2015, 11:18 AM

I hope we stop those d1cks worse than we did last year.

No it doesn't meant anything because it was last year, but if they were on the winning end of that beat down, they would NEVER stop talking about it pre game

Well film study didn't pay off if the conclusion is that Watson is a run first guy

Dec 27, 2015, 11:22 AM

that doesn't want to throw the ball down field.

null

Or that you want to flush him out of the pocket.......***

Dec 27, 2015, 2:02 PM

Sounds to me like they are scared of DW running the ball

Dec 27, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Well film study didn't pay off if the conclusion is that Watson is a run first guy ]

and are trying to bait him into throwing it, instead of taking off when he can. Lord help'em. They are dumb as that dust bowl they live in if they think DW is a run first QB.

Re: Well film study didn't pay off if the conclusion is that Watson is a run first guy

Dec 29, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Well film study didn't pay off if the conclusion is that Watson is a run first guy ]

EXACTLY what I said after reading that. He is a pass first QUARTERBACK, that we designed to run some. He's not an athlete playing quarterback. GO TIGERS!!

Dec 27, 2015, 11:30 AM
image.jpeg(127.4 K)

I too am worried because we have such a one dimensional offense and a One dimensional quarterback.

Did the guy watch any games or see DW's passing stats?

Such a refreshing article.

Bring it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 11:58 AM
Watson.JPG(59.9 K)

this year ___ 287 of 413 --- 3512 yds --- yep**** all DW4 does is ""RUN"" the ball !!!!! ________________________________________________GO TIGERS !!!!!

Dec 27, 2015, 11:44 AM

Well, here we have it. We're playing a team where one of their best DL thinks that Watson is more of a runner than a thrower. Does this mouthbreather even watch football?

A lot of talk from a team that hasn't done chit.

Gonna be a fun New Years Eve.

The game film Tapper saw where the quarterback runs first

Dec 27, 2015, 11:53 AM

was Kelly Bryant not Watson!

Somebody better get in touch with our coach

Dec 27, 2015, 11:47 AM

They need to get back on the plane to avoid the beat down .
Really?
40-6 last year. This year 47-24.

Oklahoma just wants to make sure our players bestow another ####

Dec 27, 2015, 11:53 AM

Beating on them. You got beat 40-6 with most of the same players by this very team without its starting QB. You lost to Texas. Why would anyone in their position talk trash? If they get bent over again there's no coming back from it. That embarrassment will live on forever in Oklahoma and the rest of the country for that matter. For Oklahoma's sake they better hope they atleast make it competitive.

Did this kid even watch film? Almost all DW runs are

Dec 27, 2015, 11:54 AM

designed and he almost never just takes off running without going through reads

Re: Did this kid even watch film? Almost all DW runs are

Dec 27, 2015, 1:53 PM

Another poster mentioned it, but it really sounds like this kid is referring to Kelly Bryant.

The guy seems pretty stupid overall, so its entirely possible that he's conflating the 2.

Re: Did this kid even watch film? Almost all DW runs are

Dec 27, 2015, 7:45 PM

Agreed this guy doesn't seems like the sharpest tool in the shed!

Trash talk is fun and all, but is HIGHLY over rated.

Dec 27, 2015, 12:01 PM

I guess it's good for entertainment, and if Oklahoma football players think that flapping one's jaws is gonna help them win a football game, then let them have at it. The truth is, talk is cheap. Anybody can have a big mouth; it means absolutely NOTHING. Natural ability, good coaching, hard work, sacrifice, discipline, and the relentless pursuit of excellence are the things that ultimately build confidence and win athletic contests, not a lot of childish gum-flapping. I hope our guys are reminded of this, and don't get too caught up in it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 27, 2015, 12:02 PM

Good Morning all,

OU fan here, just stopping by. Here for a little pre-game analysis, looking forward to a little back and forth if anyone is interested in breaking down match ups, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Maybe a little friendly trash talk. I know like many of you, I'm super excited for the game, and would love to continue to hear the Clemson perspective, and I feel I can be pretty objective in providing an OU perspective. Of course I'll be biased to some degree, but that just makes things fun.

So to start, anyone with any burning questions? I'll throw one out there for you to start off with...How much does OU win by next Thursday night?

if you're talking about a moral victory . . .

Dec 27, 2015, 12:26 PM

Then you'll win by:
1) scoring more than 6 pts this year
2) looking like a varsity team rather than jv
3) earning a second tombstone in our graveyard

I have a question for you. How the hell did you lose to Texas?

Go Tigers!

Texas..shudders..we've been exposed

Dec 27, 2015, 1:02 PM

A fair three step proposal.

1. Score more than six points. I agree, this must happen or we will not win. Honestly I'm somewhat grateful you allowed us to score those six last year, a shut out would have looked real bad, but overall I'm content with the close loss. But it's a new year, new teams, although both have some carry over personnel. I hate the excuse of "we just didn't want to be there", so I won't use it. Clemson beat OU down and it was one of the most humiliating games I've watched. Rest assured, it won't happen again, and it won't just be a revenge factor, it'll be a product of actually having a more complete team on both sides of the ball. Clemson has improved as well, and obviously with DeShaun at QB and playmakers all over the field, 13-0 speaks for itself. OU WILL BE the best team you've faced by a long shot. And Clemson will be the best team OU has faced all year. It won't be 40-6, for either team.

2. The varsity team is ready. Having a Heisman worthy quarterback compared to Trevor Knight is actually like Varsity vs Friday Night Tykes. A combo backfield of Perine and Mixon, and a guy to keep your eyes on Dimitri Flowers at fullback, and just like OU has their work cut out for them containing Watson, Clemson will have their hands full with these guys. I do think the Mac vs Shepard match up is a really good one. I actually think if you have Mac following Shepard all game, it will be a start in taking some of the air out of our passing attack. I won't predict Mac shutting him down as thoroughly as last year, but it would be a tough match up all game long. On the D side for OU, while we have a few guys capable of making big plays on the line, and getting turnovers from our DBs, I think consistency and overall above average performances from everyone makes our defense tick. In a sense, I don't think that the ceiling of this defense is as high as Clemson, but our floor isn't low, and it keeps us in games. A name for the defense will be Jordan Thomas at CB. Zach Sanchez gets more credit, being a senior, and having the interception advantage, but Jordan Thomas as a sophomore is actually I believe the more reliable corner, a more physical player, and a guy that makes all the plays without gambling, like Sanchez does at times. Eric Striker will be everywhere.

3. Texas. It's dumbfounding. There isn't an answer. The perfect storm of arrogance going into the game, poor game planning, poor execution, and Texas playing out of their minds in a rivalry game. We lost, and it still irritates me, but the changes made from players on the field, play calling, blocking schemes since then has all been a positive trend that has led to victories over teams much better than Texas. Pick out one or two games if it makes you feel better, and I'll pick out Clemson skirting by a terrible South Carolina team, or letting Syracuse stick around. But I'm smart enough to know that OU at their best beats Texas almost every time, and Clemson at their best wins those games with more authority than the scoreboard shows.

It's going to be a fun game. I love the match ups. Prediction: OU 38 Clemson 31.

Re: Texas..shudders..we've been exposed

Dec 27, 2015, 1:35 PM

Let's do a quick breakdown. DW4 not on field last year and you got smoked 40-6 by Cole Stout. Okay, we lost a few on both sides of the ball, but we just reloaded and finished 13-0. You had a break mid season, we played 10 in a row with no rest. Clemson beat Notre Dame, Florida State and North Carolina, who probably had more combined wins than your opposing schedule (or close to it) of any 3 teams OU played. You got spanked by Texas, did not play in a Conference Championship and really haven't played to tough of a schedule to get to the playoffs. Trash talk don't win games, the players do. This will be settled on the field and the best team will win. Clemson 48 Oklahoma 17. GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 27, 2015, 5:33 PM

Yes, quick breakdown. Last years results mean nothing. I believe I mentioned that DW4 coming back adds a huge element to Clemson's game that wasn't there last year. You implied that you "lost a few on both sides of the ball" and retooled. As did the Sooners. New guys stepping up big and returning players improving. Yes, we got "spanked" by Texas, losing by a touchdown, in a rivalry game. No excuses though, you're right, it was a terrible loss, we looked bad. As bad as we looked then, I hope you've seen some of the games since then so that you have some idea of what is going to hit Clemson in mouth on Thursday.

Anyway you want to look at the schedule, I think most people would not agree that Clemson had a tougher road. I'll give you two good wins in Notre Dame and Florida State, and a decent win in North Carolina. The last three games in a row that OU won, two on the road, Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma State, each had either no losses or one loss before they ran into OU. (I know because the Big 12 sucks and plays cupcakes non conference and plays no defense)

But you are right, It will be settled on the field. Clemson has a good team. Almost good enough to beat OU this year. Reverse your score and make it Oklahoma 48 and Clemson 17 and you'll be more accurate.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:43 PM

What are you doing here trying to impress us with talk. We don't give a chit what y'all did or when you did it. The play between the gold lines will show or prove what both teams have done since last year. The winner will head home with another appointment in hand. If you want to talk how good, or how much you love/like your team, go to to your board and talk to the fans that will give a sh!t, bc none here will bc we don't give a chit about you or the buck board you bounced in on!!!!

Dec 27, 2015, 6:12 PM

Well my initial message was about talking match ups, strengths, weaknesses of the teams, predictions. I've been happy to do that with members on the board that have replied. I've had some fun with the responses, but I don't know that I've been too much of a pest. I'm looking forward to the play on the field too. Enjoy your night!

Dec 27, 2015, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas..shudders..we've been exposed ]

Did any of those last 3 teams have their original starting qb in the game against you?

Dec 27, 2015, 8:22 PM

Still waiting on a reply from this one..

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Dec 28, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Texas..shudders..we've been exposed ]

No sir, so looking forward to the tough challenge of DW4. A dual threat quarterback, and a great one at that, is likely to cause OU problems, just like he has caused problems for 13 other teams this year. I've predicted Clemson scoring points, my initial thoughts were 38-31, so it's not as if OU will be shutting this offense down. I think the two dynamic offenses of both teams will have some big plays.

Even if OU had played those three teams with their starting quarterbacks, only Trevone Boykin would have presented a somewhat similar match up as DW4. There isn't a great way to prepare for him. I'm thoroughly impressed with Watson, I'm hoping that OU has enough to slow him down to pull out the win. We'll see in a few days.

Dec 28, 2015, 12:33 PM

I'm curious, how do you think the O and D lines match up?

I do think Oklahoma is a better team this year . . .

Dec 27, 2015, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Texas..shudders..we've been exposed ]

I predict 45 to 27 Clemson. More complete is interesting. But we won't solve that until the game. I've not seen another team this year that can win one game primarily with the run, another primarily with the pass, and another with a good combination. When our offense has struggled, our defense plays their best game. When defense has struggled, our offense played there best game of the year. Miami was admittedly weak but that showed our capability when we're on all cylinders. We basically have just found ways to win each game. Didn't drop one to the three top 10 teams we played or to the team that we shouldn't get beat by. I will be logical since you are. I think we win and I'm looking forward to them playing. I think Oklahoma is a great team this year. And, it's very possible if you hadn't played us first that you might have made it to the final game. Go Tigers!

Re: I do think Oklahoma is a better team this year . . .

Dec 27, 2015, 5:37 PM

I appreciate your insight. I honestly think OU and Clemson are the two most balanced teams in the playoff. Clemson is #### good. But OU is #### good, and rolling. I think if both teams play on all cylinders, both teams avoid injuries, then it's going to be a great game, much more entertaining than the other semifinal. But Oklahoma prevails, 38-31.

Side note, big fan of Dabo. Guy seems to have it figured out.

Dec 27, 2015, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Texas..shudders..we've been exposed ]

Really now??? Your spouting the same words that others have all year.. It's like listening to a broken record. Your not alone... ESPN has your back on this. Clemson has something you just don't and won't ever get.

Re: Texas..shudders..we've been exposed***

Dec 27, 2015, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Texas..shudders..we've been exposed ]

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

^^^^Did Not Read^^^^ <<<THIS.

Dec 27, 2015, 9:36 PM

I'm sure it told of a tall tale of why OU is better than Clemson now that Clemson has the best player in the country at QB - along with mostly all the same horses on O and D -- added to a team that stomped OU's @ss 40-6.

Dec 27, 2015, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Texas..shudders..we've been exposed ]

Thoughtful and funny. Point to you.

Do you know anything about Tulsa? I can't find any good Resturants..... Not chains

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 27, 2015, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl ]

> Good Morning all,
>
> OU fan here, just stopping by. Here for a little
> pre-game analysis, looking forward to a little back
> and forth if anyone is interested in breaking down
> match ups, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Maybe a little
> friendly trash talk. I know like many of you, I'm
> super excited for the game, and would love to
> continue to hear the Clemson perspective, and I feel
> I can be pretty objective in providing an OU
> perspective. Of course I'll be biased to some degree,
> but that just makes things fun.
>
> So to start, anyone with any burning questions? I'll
> throw one out there for you to start off with...How
> much does OU win by next Thursday night?

I'm thinking somewhere in the vicinity of minus 14 or so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 5:38 PM

Alright, I'll accept your answer, though I disagree. Best of luck to you.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:50 PM

The worst of luck to you. Go talk to the coots that are flooding your boards if you want to talk to somebody from SC. Their out look on life matches y'all's perfectly!!!

Dec 27, 2015, 7:56 PM

Come on stay classy Clemson!

Dec 27, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl ]

I love leading questions, BS15. What's your next one?

Here's mine. No one believes there was a 40-6 difference in the teams: last or this year. Nor does anyone but you buy that excuse, "we didn't wanna be there."

Now, you have the same personnel as last year, the same ones our coaching staff EARLY into last seasons bowl prep, "they are thick ankled" and we will clobber them even with Cole Stoudt.

How will this year be any different (than a multi - score Clemson Victory) compared to last year? Give us at least 3 good, solid points. Remember, Perine (the hype of 2014) and Shepard got STONED.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: -17

Dec 27, 2015, 6:05 PM

Tesla, big fan of your work.

The leading question was a jestful way to get the conversation started. I'm on a Clemson board, so I guess I could have just said, Score predictions please, but I wanted to have a little fun.

Anyway, maybe I wasn't clear about the "we didn't want to be there" excuse. I wasn't condoning it either. We got stomped last year, 40-6, the better, more prepared, better coached team won, that night. You are right, there wasn't a 40-6 difference between the teams, but still the better team won. That was last year, both teams have improved, and I put very little stock into last years result as it pertains to this year.

You ask how this year will be different. Well, for one, the victors will be wearing Crimson and Cream. I predict a 7-10 point victory. The game will be much more competitive from every angle. Both teams will come away looking like the #1 and #2 teams in the country, compared to the other semifinal game.

So my rationale is this. OU, with a completely new offensive coordinator, Heisman caliber quarterback, and at least three skilled players that will be playing on Sundays, will not present the one dimensional, predictable game plan that we had last year. Last year was the most poorly quarterbacked team I have seen at OU in some time, and a good or great defense such as Clemson easily shut down the only option we had, running Perine. Much in the same way that Alabama shut down LSU and a great running back this year. But we are not one dimensional anymore.

Additionally, our defense, last year you might've called the secondary the tertiary or quaternary because they definitely weren't worthy of any mention for what they did on the football field. This has been shored up, our linebacker depth is tremendous, and we have a combination of size and speed that we can adapt to what the offense throws out there. Stopping Clemson led by DeShaun will not be easy, but we have a cohesive team with enough potential to slow it down.

I look forward to seeing the rematch of Shepard vs Mac. Our quarterback can actually throw the ball this year. Not saying Shepard will have 10 catches for 150 yards, but I wouldn't hold my breath that he gets limited the way he did last year.

Overall, looking forward to a great game. OU advances over a good Clemson team. Cheers.

Does your playing TCU, Baylor and OSU with their starting QB

Dec 27, 2015, 7:02 PM

out and you giving up 29, 34 and 23 points to them, give you any concern on your defense not being the greatest defense since the 85 Bears and more like the French Maginot Line of World War II?

From your score prediction, you think our offense with DW is similar to Baylor's and TCU's without their starting QBs?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Does your playing TCU, Baylor and OSU with their starting QB

Dec 28, 2015, 11:47 AM

I'm hoping that our defense falls somewhere in between the Bears and French Maginot line. Hopefully much closer to the Bears, otherwise we're in big trouble. I think even great defenses have trouble with Clemson.

I think that Clemson offense would have compared similarly to TCU or Baylor, when those teams had their starting quarterbacks. But correct, OU did not play those teams with their starting quarterbacks. I'll repeat what I've insinuated with my score predictions, if I have not outright said it. OU won't stop Clemson from scoring some points. I think they'll get over 30. I just think OU will too. And it's not an admonishment of the defenses. A mistake or breakdown on the offensive side might lead to a sack, a busted play, occasionally an interception. A mistake on the defensive end leads to six points real quick, and that can happen for both teams. OU has been better in turnover margin, so this would be key to the game. If Clemson stays neutral or wins the turnover battle, it'll be a much harder task for OU to win the game.

Must be nice having a QB that throws the ball,

Dec 27, 2015, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: -17 ]

since your educated DL thinks DW4 is 'run first'.. ya'll keep thinking that.

Re: Must be nice having a QB that throws the ball,

Dec 28, 2015, 11:51 AM

Yeah sometimes the college kids need to shut their mouths. Whatever statements he made about DW4 being run first will I'm sure be quickly corrected during film study and practice before the game. Watson can throw the ball, and he is dynamic as a playmaker. No one is underestimating him, or at least the team better not be.

Credit to Southern Son 09

Dec 28, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: -17 ]

Taking the ranking number (Total Defense [TD] .vs Points Per Game[PPG]), the one looks best for OU, for the opponents OU played this year:

Akron 25th. in PPG
Tennessee 28th. in PPG
Tulsa 120th in PPG
Texas 90th. in PPG
Kansas State 91st. in PPG
Texas Tech 125th. in PPG
Kansas 128th. in PPG
Iowa State 98th. in PPG
Baylor 59th. in TD
TCU 61st. in PPG
Oklahoma State 86th in PPG

Now, taking the WORSE Clemson ranking:

Clemson 18th. in PPG

You MUST be high to think you can score 38 pts., without the aid of Special Teams Touchdowns, Turnover aided - scores or our Linebackers over pursing yielding big plays. You would need at least, probably more than, 14 points.

Stock in last year? You better, because it is screaming at you as you jamb your fingers past your middle ear and scratch your brain. You have the same thick-ankled personnel as last year. You have the same skill players we stoned.

Heisman Caliber QB? That's a retread statement of your last year quarterback. Where is he now, selling insurance?

Your DBs are STILL exposed as a glaring defensive weakness. They had to be unscrewed out of the T. Boone Pickens turf, to take them home to Norman!

- Dr. Nikola Tesla

Re: Credit to Southern Son 09

Dec 28, 2015, 12:30 PM

Doc,

You seem like a sharp guy, and I can't argue against those statistics. How do we know which defensive stats are the best indicator of team's success? You have those stats, but I pick and choose others that paint a different picture. For instance, looking at Defensive Efficiency, which has Clemson at the #2, Boston College #3, and OU #4, you would find OU just might be a better defensive team than most people give them credit for. Additionally a breakdown of Top 50 in Defensive Efficiency that each team played:

Clemson
Boston College #3, Louisville #14, FSU #20, Virginia Tech #36, Appalachian State #41, North Carolina #43. Six teams.

OU
West Virginia #12, TCU #21, Baylor #25, Tennessee #27, Texas #31, Oklahoma State #34, Akron #46. Seven Teams.

So I counter that OU has played against stingier defenses than Clemson this past year.

Given that OU scored 30 or more on each of those teams, outside of the terrible Texas loss, then I don't think 38 is out of the question.

Will Clemson be the toughest defense we have played yet? Yes. But you bring up turnovers or special teams. That is a part of the game amigo, and since you seem HIGH on stats, the OU turnover margin vs Clemson turnover margin is looking pretty nice to me about now.

I know we have our thick ankled personnel of last year, but somehow it resulted in a difference between an 8-4 regular season team at the bottom of the Big 12 in defense, to an 11-1 team at the top of the Big 12 in defense.

And yes, our Heisman caliber QB. Literally, 4th in Heisman voting. Of course DW4 finished a bit higher, but nonetheless, two great quarterbacks going head to head NYE. Quite a different quarterback story from last year, where any Heisman talk about Trevor Knight was proven wrong time and again throughout the season. I believe he is set to transfer next year, so not sure about any insurance sales.

Ah yes our DBs. I'd be worried if Clemson had a #1 receiver that could potentially exploit a one on one match up.

Thanks for your insightful commentary.

Dec 28, 2015, 12:35 PM

We didn't play VT , and you excluded ND' s defensive rankings .
My friend , if you think we don't have a #1 type reciever on this team I suggest you hit the bricks ...these are not the facts you are looking for .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 28, 2015, 12:45 PM

In that case, then Clemson played five top 50 teams per those defensive rankings as opposed to six. Notre Dame ranked outside the top 50 in those rankings.

Alright the #1 receiver might have been a bit over the top. But we've played against no fewer than four or five individual receivers better than the Clemson #1. Just to say, though there will be match up advantages that Clemson has, though I don't see it in the WR vs DB.

Dec 28, 2015, 1:14 PM

Since we are getting into stats again, let's really put a few out there you aren't mentioning...

How about the trench lines, where they say games are won and lost...

This is from Footballoutsiders.com, which does normalize and adjust for play, etc...so very fair stats.

This offensive line:

Faces this defensive line:

Clemson has faced these defensive lines:

Top 20 (4): #1, #12, #18, #20
Top 21-40 (1): #36
Top 41-100 (4): #70, #82, #93,
Bottom 100 (2)

While OU has faced these offensive lines:

Top 20 (2): #3, #12
Top 21-40 (3): #24, #27, #31
Top 41-100 (4): #44, #53, #67,
Bottom 100 (3)

---------------------------------------------

This offensive line:

Faces this defensive line (with the #1 TFL leader in the NCAA, and 2 of the top 50 in sacks):

OU has faced these defensive lines:

Top 40 (2): #9, #16,
Top 21-40 (2): #23, #33
Top 41-100 (6): #41, #47, #49, #51, #64, #99
Bottom 100 (2)

While Clemson has faced these offensive lines:

Top 20 (6): #4, #5, #10, #16, #18, #19
Top 21-40 (2): #36, #38
Top 41-100 (2): #58, #69,
Bottom 100 (2)

I see a pretty decent mismatch there, as well as a decent mismatch in what was played against.

Care to discuss?

Then, OU played TCU against 2 backup QB's, not Trevon Boykin (who coincidentally had TCU. In that game, they played against Foster Sawyer for 2.5 quarters, who went 7-8 or 1 TD, then went 1-10 with 3 interceptions. Combined on the year, he has a 19.4 Adjusted QBR, 13.8 RAW QBR...and in the OU game, had a 13.9 Adjusted QBR.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3116417/foster-sawyer

Then for the remaining 1.5 quarters, Bram comes in (who played at a QBR more similar to how Watson's tends to look...in the 80's to 90's range), leads a 20 point comeback, and nearly beats OU.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512469/bram-kohlhausen
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3122840/deshaun-watson

But OU fans think playing Foster for 2.5 quarters had nothing to do with why they won it.

Care to discuss??

Then let's look at TCU and Baylor...prior to those main QB injuries:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-game?date=2015-10-25
College Football Stats - College FB Team Yards per Game on TeamRankings.comCollege Football yards per game page.https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-game?date=2015-10-25

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-play?date=2015-10-25

Oct 25, 2015: Day after the game that took out Seth Russell...
Yards per game, Baylor is #1
Yards per play, Baylor is #1

So, it's fair to say that their "top ranking" is due to Seth Russell, being 7 games in to the season...not the backup that OU played against.

Nov 15th: Day after the game Trevon Boykin goes out
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-game?date=2015-11-15

Yards per game, TCU is #2
Yards per play, TCU is #8

So again, it's fair to say that TCU's "top offense" ranking is also due to what Trevon Boykin did, not what Foster Sawyer did, nor due to even Bram Kohlhausen (who OU only played 1.5 qtrs against)

Care to discuss??

Dec 28, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Credit to Southern Son 09 ]

Then you might want to start worrying...obviously, your research is a bit behind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZIgyXPHBYc

Defensive Efficiency

Dec 28, 2015, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Credit to Southern Son 09 ]

Nice run-behind, BS15. A definition generated by ESPN. LOL..next.

Also when you throw in a weighting factor, you just brought in bias and ambiguity. In my world, you are now judging a gold medal event for Swimming Pool Dancing Artistry (or whatever that Olympic Event is called).

As for your rest, directed at me: I point back to my posts made before. I won't repeat them for your selective hearing/reading. But here is one for you: Clemson's 9 straight games of over 500 yards total offense. If you think you can:

1) Shave even 25% off of that Clemson O production .vs your already statistically proven 5th. best D we have faced
2) Penetrate Clemson's D with your BIG12 defensive cupccake dieting offense
3) (Your AND THE MEDIA) discounting of your last year QB ONLY after his powerful failure IN THE BOWL GAME while trying to mewl that your this year QB is different
4) Your decrying of vast improvement to 11-1 after a 8-4 campaign with the same players executing a same game plan against the same opponent with the same scheme as well as same match-up problems for you..

You are an absolute fool. We haven't even TOUCHED the Clemson running game. Oh my...are you in for a /O\ 3 hours.

As far the rest, I yield to the master Tigerman1978. And may God have mercy on you. He looks like someone I would dare not tangle wits with.

-Doctor Nikola Tesla

Dec 27, 2015, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl ]

If Cole "three and out" Stoudt was able to do what he did to you last year, what do you think DW4 is gonna do?

Dec 27, 2015, 6:06 PM

DW4 will look good, and likely make a couple of spectacular plays. He'll play well enough to keep Clemson in the game, but he won't quite have enough to win it.

I love the confidence. I really do - but we've heard it from

Dec 27, 2015, 8:27 PM

thirteen other fanbases. They all want to be the one that knocks off the no.1. It's kinda cute actually. Now run back home...

Dec 28, 2015, 5:49 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Oklahoma ramps up the trash talk for the Orange Bowl ]

minus 13!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about living in a van down by the river......

Dec 27, 2015, 12:05 PM

Well, lah tee dah, if we didn't play Oklahoma last year who was it? I suggest we go silent the rest of the week with all responses. They are right, we are wrong......we win.

Yea, treat the trash talk like we did with Miami - "We are

Dec 27, 2015, 12:24 PM

CLEMSON, and don't need that kind of stuff!"

Dec 27, 2015, 12:07 PM

I liked Mac Lains comment about Miami being his favorite trash talker. Then giving them credit for trash talking until the bitter end. Lol

Dec 27, 2015, 12:09 PM

Sounds like a team with some self-esteem issues

So they want Watson one-dimensional and making plays with his arm? Hmmmm. I hope the whole team is this unaware of what DW4 is going to do to them

Yeah Charles, sure thing...you go with that!

Dec 27, 2015, 12:42 PM

...that worked really well for Miami. If you're thinking about talking, you aren't thinking about the next play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low)

Dec 27, 2015, 12:45 PM

Saying that he wouldnt use the game last yr as motivation because last yr was last yr & this is a new team. Thats awfully funny that one of his players threw his A$$ under the bus. This will not be the same game for sure as last yr but to be honest i was more worried about the ACCCG then i am this game. We have the best secondary in the country & the absolute best defensive front in the country so im in no way worried about OK offense. Perine will be shutdown again but this time held to under 50yrds. Mixon wont have a chance & Shepherd shouldnt even attempt to play this yr.

DW will show the world why he was invited to NY & not Mayfield. DW will throw for 300+ & run for 100+ again & 3 or 4 scores. Gallman will have 150+ & 2 scores. This will be another high scoring Clemson game. 45-24

Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low)

Dec 27, 2015, 1:18 PM

North Carolina State scores 41, North Carolina 45, powerhouses Wake Forest and South Carolina, 33 and 32 points respectively. And Oklahoma only scores 24. I'm laughing. Really. Oh yes, I forget, the Clemson defense will be rested up for this game, they got t-t-tirrred down the stretch. OU steamrolls to at least 38 points, and probably more. Enjoy the game.

Dec 27, 2015, 1:25 PM

I will ENJOY beating the sooner out of Oklahoma AGAIN this year......and it want be as close as it was last year.....Texas > Oklahoma..........LOL......Go Tigers!!!!!

Dec 27, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

> North Carolina State scores 41, North Carolina 45,
> powerhouses Wake Forest and South Carolina, 33 and 32
> points respectively. And Oklahoma only scores 24. I'm
> laughing. Really. Oh yes, I forget, the Clemson
> defense will be rested up for this game, they got
> t-t-tirrred down the stretch. OU steamrolls to at
> least 38 points, and probably more. Enjoy the game.

Lol, "Oklahoma steamsrolls". You're not playing a Big 12 defense here buddy.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 5:41 PM

Nope, Clemson will be the best defense we've faced. You are spot on. But OU will be the best combination of offense and defense that Clemson has played, by far. Should be a good game. 38-31 OU

Dec 27, 2015, 5:50 PM

We've played better defenses with BC, ND, Wake; better offenses with FSU, ND and UNC, to name a few off the top of my head.

I don't think you're projected score is correct. I'm thinking 45 - 32 Clemson...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 6:15 PM

Alright, I respect your line of thinking. I respect your score prediction. I don't think those teams you mentioned are of OU's caliber, but we shall see. Good luck Thursday.

BS15, you've got pink cupcake icing indelible in your skin

Dec 27, 2015, 6:41 PM

You will HAVE to expect TOs from us and over - pursuing LBs to get 38 pts.

You played 10 defenses ranked 70th. and below ACROSS THE BOARD.

You aren't skilled enough to get it on your own. Otherwise, I got 4 - figures betting you are wrong.

-Doc

Roger that BoomerSooner13. But I won't wish OU luck...

Dec 27, 2015, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

... however, if you're going to be in Miami, I would raise a glass with you, 'fan to fan' before the game. But once the ball is spotted in Sun Life Stadium Thursday afternoon, it is my sincerest hope our Tigers prove - yet again - what both the Clemson family (and the CFP) have known all year.

Dec 27, 2015, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

> North Carolina State scores 41, North Carolina 45,
> powerhouses Wake Forest and South Carolina, 33 and 32
> points respectively. And Oklahoma only scores 24. I'm
> laughing. Really. Oh yes, I forget, the Clemson
> defense will be rested up for this game, they got
> t-t-tirrred down the stretch. OU steamrolls to at
> least 38 points, and probably more
. Enjoy the game.

care to make a wager on the bolded part?

these are the defenses yall faced this season.....

OKLAHOMA OPPONENTS DEFENSIVE RANKINGS.

--------------------Total D------------ PPG D

1. AKRON** ----- 17th ------------- 28th
2. Tenn ------------- 46th ------------- 25th
3. Tulsa ----------- 126th ----------- 120th
4. WV -------------- 55th ------------- 39th
5. Texas ---------- 108th ------------- 90th
6. Kansas St. ----- 101th ------------- 91st
7. Texas Tech ---- 127th ----------- 125th
8. Kansas --------- 128th ----------- 128th
9. Iowa St -------- 109th ------------- 98th
10. Baylor --------- 59th ------------ 72nd
11. TCU ----------- 66th ------------- 61st
12. OK ST --------- 96th ------------ 86th

Clemson ------ 7th ------------- 18th

Dec 27, 2015, 5:46 PM

I guess maybe if we had played the almighty Boston College, Missouri, Georgia, or San Diego State teams (all top 10 in ppg defense), then I'd have some room to talk. Stats can be misleading.

Clemson will be the best defense we have played all year. We know that your team is even better than last year. But OU is miles better than the OU team last year.

As to OU steamrolling to 38 points, I absolutely stand by that statement. Clemson won't be far behind, but key to it all is, they will be behind. Good luck Thursday.

I got mid 4-figure in dollars saying you can't score 38 pts.

Dec 27, 2015, 6:47 PM

ON YOUR OWN. You will need turnovers and over - pursuing LBS totalling at least 14 points.

Bring your Landthieving mouth on.

-Doc Telsa

Wake scored 13 and UNC scored 37

Dec 27, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

So you're a little off there. The top 2 offenses we played- UNC and ND- both scored a good bit less than their average and gained a good bit less than their average against us.

Given that the average defense OU has faced has been terrible, I'd expect your yards and pints to be a good bit less than you're used to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake scored 13 and UNC scored 37

Dec 27, 2015, 5:48 PM

Good catch on the stats, I did mess that up there. I don't disagree that Clemson's defense is much better than anything we've faced, and it likely will be below our average. But it will be enough to win by 7-10.

Dec 27, 2015, 6:06 PM

Will you promise to come back and visit after the game? Not too many stand by their word.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 6:18 PM

Certainly. If it's in defeat, I'll take the beating that you all will happily hand out. If it's in victory, I'll try to remain humble.

Dec 27, 2015, 8:48 PM

I give "boomersooner" some credit. You seem like a good dude. He hasn't bad mouthed anyone or our TIGERS. You can't blame the man for wishful thinking about his team. I mean everyone needs a dream, right? Just keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars sooner. Being 3rd or 4th out of 128 teams ain't bad. Tigers roll 52-28........??

Dec 27, 2015, 9:06 PM

Boomer actually has given pretty good breakdowns. His only mistake is the score. He's been courteous, clever and funny.

Y'all be be nice.

Dec 27, 2015, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Wake scored 13 and UNC scored 37 ]

Boomer actually has given pretty good breakdowns. His only mistake is the score. He's been courteous, clever and funny.

Y'all be be nice.

Dec 27, 2015, 9:07 PM

I didn't know I had that much to drink..... I'm repeating myself,

Dec 28, 2015, 12:51 PM

Well, even if there was some degree of drinking that led to your comments, I thank you for your hospitable words. I think the fan engagement is fun, I'm not going to be outright disrespectful. I haven't come across any Clemson fans that I wouldn't be ok having a beer with.

Dec 28, 2015, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Wake scored 13 and UNC scored 37 ]

Thanks Goose, I've had a good time around here. Looking forward to Thursday. Remember your own words though, there's no shame in being a Top 4 team. I'll see if I can send a card from Phoenix.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

Actually UNC scored 37 and Wake only scored 13 points on us....

Your offense is pretty good but you play the worst defenses in the country all year...

This game is going to come down to who can get a few stops and our defense is much better than yours....

Dec 27, 2015, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

I have heard that before about a year ago from the same sewer mouth from free land territory!!!

Dec 27, 2015, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

Well yeah that and Boulware was playing with one arm!

Dec 27, 2015, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: i remember not too long ago a comment by Stoops(low) ]

Not so fast my friend....

You stand corrected with that Wake Forest stat... They only scored 13 while the Tigers pulled out several key players so that everyone could play... We scored those 33 points, to which we could have put up 60+ easily. Like you I joined the LandThieves message board and all I ever see is the hate that comes out for Brent Venables. Y'all are so completely brained washed that y'all think that Japanese dude is going to be Stoops call the plays. Good luck, but sorry Boomer, this is our year!

Tapper, you are REALLY dumb.

Dec 27, 2015, 12:47 PM

"He wants to run instead of sitting in the pocket and finding his receivers and going through all of his reads"

3500 yards? I would say those reads are working just fine. Pick your poison, OU. Either way, DW4 WINS.

Go ahead and do your trash talking routine OU

Dec 27, 2015, 12:48 PM

Because such worked such wonders for Miami against us this year. *snicker, snicker*

I hope they talk JUST as much trash as Miami

Dec 27, 2015, 12:53 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it's just Sun Life Stadium that is the seat of

Dec 27, 2015, 1:21 PM

trash talking. Hope the results are as good as the last time we played there.

Dec 27, 2015, 1:07 PM

So much for them not needing last year as motivation. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should ask the Miami players about trash talking

Dec 27, 2015, 1:10 PM

and how well it worked out for them

Bad sportsmanship.

Dec 27, 2015, 1:11 PM

If they think they can win a game like that, they must not be very confident of their team skills.

Troll.

Dec 27, 2015, 1:12 PM

All that sounded pretty respectful to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 1:18 PM

You better talk all the trash you can BEFORE the game because once it starts you will SEE what a real QB looks like and it is not Josh Dobbs or Baker Mayfield......his name is Superman and DW4 is going to hang 50+ on you Sooners.......not going to be any better for you than it was last year....Go Tigers!!!!!

Trash talk = whistling in the graveyard

Dec 27, 2015, 1:26 PM
traildino.jpg(26.6 K)

I might make you feel better, might keep your mind off what's waiting for you.

But doom is waiting amid the tombstones...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must have forgotten about the last team in Miami to trash talk the Tigers

Dec 27, 2015, 1:31 PM

They must have forgotten last year too...

Dec 27, 2015, 1:40 PM

Something tells me they haven't thought this through ....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 9:02 PM

might be that they're just not capable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I question the wisdom of motivating your team by showing them

Dec 27, 2015, 2:14 PM

getting their ### kicked by the team they are about to play.

Re: I question the wisdom of motivating your team by showing them

Dec 27, 2015, 3:33 PM

I hope the Refs have quick whistles on any unnecessary roughness.

Tigers played 3 top 10 teams and didn't lose to a bad team

Dec 27, 2015, 2:39 PM

Clemson beat 3 top 10 teams, number 8, 9 and 10 for a total of 27.

Sooners beat number 11, 16 and 18 and loss to Texas a team no where close to being ranked or competitive with most teams they played. Also, TCU with a backup QBU could have given sooners 2nd loss with a sucessfull 2 pointment conversion. There total with a loss was 45.

They just never faced the quality of teams Clemson did. Either of the 3 ranked teams Clemson beat were closer to being in the playoffs than the 3 the sooners played.

Just no logical way Clemson could be considered an underdog other than people trying to build this game up after the blowout last year. Dabo will rest starters in the 4th quarter so they will be ready for the final.

Sooners living in the past and the Tigers are rewriting the record books .
Go Tigers

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Tigers played 3 top 10 teams and didn't lose to a bad team

Dec 27, 2015, 9:57 PM

Tigers has the best defense. Defense wins Championships!

Tigers finished 13-0 Sooners finishes with a loss and not playing a Championship game. Wow!

Tigers beat 3 teams that finished in the top 10 final rankings. Tigers were #1 for all the playoff ranking.

Sooners didn't beat anyone who finished in the top 10 final rankings. Sooners dropped in the last ranking.

Sooners claimed their schedule was harder last year & lost 40-6. Again with no proof, claim their schedule was tougher.

AFTER CLEMSON recruited better and played much better on defense with a tougher schedule you claim Sooners are better this year after losing a game to a really bad team that blitzed you to death and playing no one in the top ten.

You claims don't add up. It's wishful thinking.

Let's be real, Clemson 48 OU 22.

Tigers move on to be the first unbeaten 15-0 playoff Champion!

Hope we play you again next year. It gets easier to laugh at the classless talk on the feild. Thanks Bob, Brent owes it all to you..lol

Go #1 Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

LOL at him saying Watson was "like [Josh Dobbs]"...

Dec 27, 2015, 4:08 PM

... in that he "wants to run it" and "doesn't want to put it in the air." If OU is expecting Watson to be as bad a passer as Dobbs, then OU will be in trouble. I'm guessing his coaches told him that they needed to make Watson throw by taking away the run, because what he said doesn't make a ton of sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But that WAS you, Tap-Dancer!

Dec 27, 2015, 4:43 PM

That was Okra-Homa last year. Why you just NOW deciding to be motivated about it. Why did not get that way while it was happening?

My guess, Tap-Dancer, you will get blown - up after the second or third First Down in the first Clemson Offensive series. He'll end the game with 2 solo and 2 co-tackles.

-Doc

Dec 27, 2015, 5:04 PM

Mayfield<<<<

Dec 27, 2015, 5:28 PM

Trash talking and running that mouth is good until you get punched in the mouth. Then you realize you probably have bitten off more then you could chew and should have kept your mouth shut! If I were Oklahoma after that "AS* whipping they took last year to a second string quarterback I would keep my mouth shut and let my actions speak for me on the field.

Wow you beat TCU & Baylor with their second or third string quarterbacks..... I think Mr. Watson is a little better quarterback then "Three & Out Stoudt" from last year. Keep running that mouth boomer sooners, there might just be another "AS*" whipping waiting for you again but, this time in Miami!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of teams talked trash before playing us :/

Dec 27, 2015, 5:36 PM

They were pretty lugubrious after the game though. ;)

Go Tigers!!!

Re: A lot of teams talked trash before playing us :/

Dec 27, 2015, 5:58 PM

Yep, we have shut up 16 straight, and they were one of that 16, and will be #17. They can't say what they will do to us bc they haven't done Jack chit to us yet. They can only wish for what they want to do. That is about like they use to wish for at Christmas. The things they couldn't have was a wasted wish.

Let them talk. Let us be underdogs. I love nobody respecting us. That's how we got here!***

Dec 27, 2015, 6:40 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Thank you, Charles Tapper!!...

Dec 27, 2015, 6:53 PM

If trash talk is your best defense, it is going to be a long day for you.

Not only did you let the nation know your team are trash talkers, you also let the Tigers and coaches know it was coming on every play. Good job. They now know to let it go and it won't bother them at all. They will be prepared for it. Nice job!!

Dec 27, 2015, 11:12 PM

Just finished watching "chasing tyson"
And I realized tyson is a lot O.u. a lot of more image and talk than, go in the show (against evander).

Evander took all the talk, and let it fly in the ring. I'm hoping tigers do the same!!!

This isn't really trash talking. There are a lot of

Dec 28, 2015, 1:59 PM

complements in there. Obviously they are going to think they are a good team. This is the nicest "trash talking" I have seen.

Replies: 128
| visibility 201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic