Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 things trouble me about this game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,184

3 things trouble me about this game

Oct 18, 2018, 9:22 AM

#1 : Clemson is 8th nationally at 3rd down conversion defense . The Pups are 1st nationally in converting them . That will be a big factor in them keeping it close . If they struggle and can't sustain drives ... potential for a Tiger blowout .

#2 : Offensively ( another drive alive stat ) , in pass completion percentage we are 21st in the country @ .670 and the Mudpackers are 8th @ .697 . All that yang about Finley and our backup freshman and starter freshman are right there with it . Maybe it has to do with our excellent receiver corp ? If their plan is to load the box to stop Travis and Tavean ... good luck .

#3 : Our defense . Top 10 in about 5 major stats . Importance of a stout defense cannot be overstated .
Nancy State has an average defense , no better than Syracuse or Wake . Ultimately they will crumple under our defensive pressure . They'll tire of the failures ... like the rest of 'em .

Clemson 37-20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: 3 things trouble me about this game

Oct 18, 2018, 9:24 AM

Seems like those 3 items are not very troubling to you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 9:33 AM

Clickbait Caddie ... clickbait .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 18, 2018, 9:38 AM

The irresistible tiabkcilc monster!

Oct 18, 2018, 9:35 AM

1. Keep TL out of harm’s way as much as possible! OL do your job! Give him time and space, otherwise it may be a difficult day despite the run game. Run and control the clock.

2. Tiger secondary - do your job as well, stay out of PI calls against us and get some take aways.

3. DL get consistent pressure to disrupt NCST running and or passing. ( Tall order, but critical).

4. Tiger faithful - Be “loud and proud” every time Finley and crew get the ball!! Be record setting loud.

Lastly talk is cheap, actions speak louder so prove we deserve our ranking and silence the critics. Go Tigers ??!!

Tigers: 41
NCST: 24

Oct 18, 2018, 9:48 AM

4. NC State is #1 in 3rd down conversions. The best team N.C. State had faced in 3rd down conversion defense? BC #56 in that stat.
For comparison, TAMU is #2 in that stat and they’ve played both Clemson and Bama. Syracuse is #3 in that stat. Clemson is #8 in that stat.

^^^^Doesn't Trust Fake News^^^^

Oct 18, 2018, 10:10 AM

Well done!

What is their best win?

Oct 18, 2018, 9:42 AM

Virginia at home? BC at home without Dillon? Or on the road @ Marshall?

We are averaging 38 points per game, and that's without including Wake in the average.
They average 33.

We've played 3 road games, they've played 1

They'll play us tough, and Finley needs to gtfo of college ball, but I think their lack of road experience and our defense will be what gives us a win. Offense has looked good in games where TL plays most of the time, so I think it will be around 35 - 21

Clemson

mine are in no order

Oct 18, 2018, 9:44 AM

Traffic after game
Rain during tailgate
Slow service at concessions that are run by 13 year olds

The outcome- no issues

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another stat to mull over concerning Wolfies..

Oct 18, 2018, 9:48 AM

#1 in Nation last 2 years in allowing fewest Sacks on their QB!

Can our Dline change that stat Saturday?

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for LBB throwing out the stats!! LOL***

Oct 18, 2018, 9:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Knows some stats, too^^^^

Oct 18, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Another stat to mull over concerning Wolfies.. ]

Well done, Bill!

Do you think James Madison or GaSt is most comparable to our

Oct 18, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Another stat to mull over concerning Wolfies.. ]

Defensive line...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 9:51 AM

My #4 concern: Our DL never gets the chance to slam Finley into Doeren during a sideline tackle.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:55 AM

I grew up a Marshall fan, and still am ( after the Tigers ). This years Marshall is not good, middling at best. Also, their weakest link is their secondary, and the best DE was injured and missed the game. So that win is nothing to get excited about.

Finley 23 of 40 377 yards 1 TD zero picks

Marshall had 3 turnovers and could only manage 54 yards rushing ( the OL is the 2nd worse unit)

Final score 37 - 20

2 things About #2

Oct 18, 2018, 10:01 AM

1) it stinks

2) some of the passing stats for this year are from that other QB who played for us. TL will be just fine!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,184
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic