Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone forsee another Spiller??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Can anyone forsee another Spiller??

May 7, 2013, 1:28 PM

Or Boyd, Jeff Davis, Terry Kinard, Hopkins, Brian Dawkins or Gaines Adams in our future????

Current Roster or 2014 targets??

IMO, Travis Blanks could ultimately fit the bill.

What say you T-Netters???

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Shaq Lawson has Gaines Adams potential.***

May 7, 2013, 1:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson if Morris sticks around to coach him *

May 7, 2013, 1:45 PM

nm

Here's Some Thoughts.........

May 7, 2013, 1:49 PM

Boulware *** John Leake
Kellen Jones *** Leroy Hill
The Incredible Hawaiian Hulk[Pagano] *** William Perry
Ebenezer Ogundeko *** Levon Kirkland...off the edge.

Reader more like Perry

May 7, 2013, 1:50 PM

Pagano is muscluar but does not have the enormous size of Perry.

I'm really hoping one of these DBs reminds of any former great

+1 Agree! Reader is just a quiet boulder, haha.***

May 7, 2013, 1:52 PM

Re: +1 Agree! Reader is just a quiet boulder, haha.***

May 7, 2013, 1:55 PM

I have some connections on the baseball team that say he is a really good guy too. Hopefully he will get to represent Clemson in the NFL one day.

Possible but very rare esp when you consider the total man

May 7, 2013, 1:49 PM

Athletically I can foresee another CJ Spiller but when you put the skill with the man, he is extremely rare.

I have been watching Clemson football for over 30 years and there is not a player I have seen more revered and with good reason. CJ Spiller is a special athlete but CJ Spiller is VERY special person.

Re: Can anyone forsee another Spiller??

May 7, 2013, 1:56 PM

We are talking about a once in a decade type of guy with Spiller. Boyd is very close to being in that same category. I don't think we've ever had the type of QB talent we have in house for next year. Whitehurst was pretty special but wasn't performing on this level.

You just have to sit back and be thankful when you have a guy like CJ or Tajh in your program because it is a rare thing to have folks THAT good. Sammy as well. Guys like Peake, Bryant, Bellamy, etc have that level of talent but haven't performed on that same level (though Peake and Bryant have time still). A guy like Dawkins was nearly a recruiting afterthought and through sheer force of will and work became the man child that will be an NFL Hall of Famer.

You can't really predict these things. CJ was a major five star that lived up to the hype and then some. I thought Derrick Hamilton was explosive, and he was, but CJ redefined that term.

May 7, 2013, 2:04 PM

I think watson could beat boyd's records but don't know if he will be the starter as long as boyd was bc of kelly. Cook is def a clone of cj, its too bad we couldn't keep him. Maybe we can get him back before its all said and done.

May 7, 2013, 2:08 PM

I honestly don't think there will be another CJ. CJ not only had speed, but great instincts for the position. Other guys will have the speed but will not be the complete package that CJ is/was. It kind of reminds me of when Southern Cal signed Joe McKnight who was hailed as the next Reggie Bush. Fact is there will never be another Reggie Bush at Southern Cal, and there will never be another CJ Spiller at Clemson.

While Spiller was great

May 7, 2013, 2:20 PM

He made up for not being a refined running back by being an elite athlete. His first few year saw him struggle to hit holes and find running lanes. People forget he was almost better as a pass catcher than as a runner in his first year. He had to work to be a great running back.

It aint over yet. I haven't written Cook off yet.***

May 7, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone forsee another Spiller?? ]

May 7, 2013, 3:24 PM

Yes. He committed to Tennessee this week!

There will never be another Spiller for Clemson.

May 7, 2013, 4:28 PM

Spiller, by his lone commitment, made Clemson valid in the eyes of offensive players across the country. Running backs wanted to come to Clemson. Spiller opened up the field for Ford, so WRs wanted to come. Then Chad came in, and its all been building since.

I believe Spillers commitment and love of Clemson has won us recruiting battles we would have lost. Success breeds success, and I'll always love that young man for his heart and passion of all things Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^ Agree. He came and then he became a Clemson man

May 7, 2013, 7:49 PM

in every sense of the word. Played through adversity, no off the field issues, came back his final year and graduated, donated to Clemson. There will never be another CJ Spiller.

There will never be another spiller

May 7, 2013, 4:32 PM

But I think we have a lot of up and coming talent. D Watson could have a shot at Boyd's records

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Can anyone forsee another Spiller??

May 7, 2013, 6:23 PM

Who might I ask: "comitted to Tennessee this week"?? I havent heard of any major commits the past two weeks except for Blazevich!?!?

Anyway, great thread. Glad somebody thought of it! 8-)

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic