Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
(Must Read) Coots are some of the DUMBEST. Overheard one say today that Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

(Must Read) Coots are some of the DUMBEST. Overheard one say today that Dabo...

Oct 20, 2015, 12:46 AM

was no Elliott. I don't know what he was talking about before that statement but I heard that. Then I heard him say that dabo would never be as good as the Spurrier even if he won a National championship at Clemson because he would be winning it coming out of the ACC, and the HBC won his coming out of the SEC and that's much more impressive.(claiming the 1 from Florida as its usuck's) He also said it would take something crazy for that to happen (DABO winning a NC) like having 2 mid major teams making the playoff with Clemson and another power 5 team. He said we always loose the big games. (We are something like 7-3 against top ten teams under dabo I think not 100% sure on that) What an idiot!!!! I very nicely entered his conversation and said that we have beaten several good teams the last few years and won 3 big bowl games in a row. I said that the ACC Atlantic has been at least equal to or stronger than the sec east the last 5 years. He started grinning and said oh great another whinny Clemson fan and gave me a friendly chuckle. He introduced himself and his friend who never said anything but hey. He said that they were having a down year and they still beat UNC who was gonna win the acc coastal and may win the conference and he went on saying Notre dame was a joke and started talking about how Alabama beat them to death a few years ago. (Like kentucky, Missouri and vandy aren't jokes not to mention UNC completely gave them a win) He really started rambling after that. He mentioned the West Virginia game and talked about how Fsu was given the championship over Auburn. He said that Lsu was great and they would probably run the table this year. I told him we had beaten Lsu and Auburn twice. Again he said referees was why. I asked him was he a usuck fan or a sec fan and why had Clemson historically been so good against them. He said usuck but he pulled for all the sec and that most of Clemson's wins against them had come 100 years ago when they first started playing football. I told him I'm a Clemson fan and a Clemson grad and I pull for just Clemson and who ever south carolina was playing each week. I then asked him did he go to usuck. He said he was going to but he had to become a man at the young age of 16 and help his folks in some kind of family business. Can't remember what it was. Farming I think he said. I realized that this idiot who was probably 50 years old or older had all these strong feelings and didn't even go to usuck let alone graduate high school. He said he had an old uncle that went to Clemson for agriculture and some other senseless things about usuck. I had to get away from him so I told him good luck against the citadel and left out of Hardees. I have one Coot family member and one childhood friend who is a distant cousin that went to Usuck. The family member really doesn't care about sports that much. The childhood friend is kinda delusional about the coots and thinks they could get a big time coach and they are top 20 football school, but I think he really knows the truth and just says things like that to try and rile me up in good fun. That being said he's still a fairly smart guy and he's successful in his job. Most Coots are not. Most are like the idiot like I met today. I myself felt dumber after I left Hardees. I know I shouldn't have even opened my mouth and said a word and I know that finding one that doesn't live in a dream world is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I know some of you all will bash me for even talking to this guy. I just wanted to share what happened to me today because I'm laying in bed and I'm having trouble sleeping. I typed this on my phone and I haven't proof read it so I'm sorry if it has errors. Goodnight CLEMSON Nation, BEAT Miami and always go TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Eyes Are Bleeding...Must Find Enter Key***

Oct 20, 2015, 12:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have cut him off at the start by saying, "You're

Oct 20, 2015, 3:25 AM

right, Dabo is no Elliot and I'm thankful for that", then walked away. You can't argue with a coot. It's pointless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: (Must Read) Coots are some of the DUMBEST. Overheard one say today that Dabo...

Oct 20, 2015, 12:51 AM

Too long. Maybe bullet points

The definition of TL;DR;***

Oct 20, 2015, 1:24 AM

Um, good lowered. I'm sure you had something important...

Oct 20, 2015, 1:57 AM

...to say but only made it through the first couple sentences. Then I was like "dayum".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I took a second try at reading this post

Oct 20, 2015, 4:34 AM

the first time I made it to two sentences. This time, trying my best, I got close to half way through. Hopefully this is just a kid.

If anyone can finish reading this post, they deserve an award.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I took a second try at reading this post

Oct 20, 2015, 5:40 AM

Where is my award? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: (Must Read) Coots are some of the DUMBEST. Overheard one say today that Dabo...

Oct 20, 2015, 5:42 AM

Looks like one of my half sleep posts. ;)

It does no good to argue with Coots. They'll bring you down to their level.

I had one tell me yesterday how "impressed" he was about the coot victory over Vanderbilt. I just had to laugh and keep walking lol

rule number 1 : never talk football with a coot

Oct 20, 2015, 6:20 AM

First they know nothing about football.

Second every discussion ends up focused on the SEC

I have talked to colts who didn't even know they used to be in the ACC and that is their only conference title. Other coots who couldn't name more than 2 players off their team. I don't discuss the sport with them anymore

Oct 20, 2015, 6:23 AM

I read about half of this on my phone but I think I'll wait for the movie to come out!

Oct 20, 2015, 6:25 AM

Holyshitbatmanthatsalongasspost

I would say to you...

Oct 20, 2015, 6:28 AM

(as Lincoln did to Secretary Steward):

"Write it all down (which you did). Tear him up. Excoriate him. Chew him to pieces. Now tear the letter up and throw it away."

This is what I would have said to him...

Oct 20, 2015, 8:44 AM

"Whatever coot. Now I want a Thickburger combo with a Dr. Pepper."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 8:44 AM

Wow, I've been out of school for 45 years and just realized how important English teachers are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 9:10 AM

TL;DR. Paragraphs are your friend. And ours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to Papa in a hurry."

Dude, do you even paragraph.............***

Oct 20, 2015, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy wall of text***

Oct 20, 2015, 10:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 10:57 AM

So are you saying if you don't attend a school you shouldn't have strong feeling for a school? Well I guess should cancel my season tickets. Did you also slight the farmers??? I hope you didn't do that with food in your mouth

Oct 20, 2015, 11:16 AM

My lord, find a break and split up paragraphs, man. That's painful to the eyes.

Here's what you missed FYI...he would have then spent a while saying you are wring, the you pull up the stat and let him read it for himself:
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-BC-Notes-Quotes-20768

"With today’s victory, head coach Dabo Swinney has moved into ninth place on the winningest active FBS coaches list. Swinney is 67-26 for his career, all at Clemson, good for a 72.0 winning percentage. Last week at this time, he was 11th. He moved ahead of Steve Spurrier on Monday when the former South Carolina head coach resigned. Swinney would have moved ahead of Spurrier today, even if Spurrier had remained the head coach at South Carolina and even if he had beaten Vanderbilt. Swinney also moved ahead of Bobby Petrino of Louisville today."

Oct 20, 2015, 11:17 AM

*spent a while saying you are wrong, then you

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic