Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Running Game Killed Us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

No Running Game Killed Us

Aug 30, 2014, 9:34 PM

NO QB playing in his first game on the road with terrible field position all night would have done any better than Cole did tonight.We had absolutely NO RUNNING GAME to take the pressure off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Running Game Killed Us

Aug 30, 2014, 9:36 PM

I 100 percent agree. When you don't have a running game...you can crowd the line until 3rd down and blitz . Which is what Georgia did.

Aug 30, 2014, 9:41 PM

I repeat for the last time. We never threw a quick pass to the TE over the middle, nor a flair pass to a back running out of the blocking position, or a reverse, or/.... Gentlemen that tells me a lot about our offensive plan and coaching. It's built to take advantage of teams we clearly have more talent than but clueless against a team that is even or slightly better than us.In the second half I thought the play selection was awful, no ingenuity, miss direction, etc.

Aug 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

This^^^

we had a over a 100 yards in the first half rushing...

the rushing attack stalled, when we started missing on pass plays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And u cannot have a great run game with a s$(t OL and 22 as the RB.

Aug 30, 2014, 9:48 PM

Not sure if it was our Oline or the fact that DJ Howard runs like he has lead in his shoes and CJ Davidson is only good in spot duty...Neither has no business being our starter....Gallman or Choice are our only hope.

^^^Amen Brotha^^^^

Aug 30, 2014, 9:38 PM

The UGA running game was the difference. Ours is pretty mediocre and theirs is the most loaded backfield in the country.

Re: Well, it certainly hurts but until we get an OL we will

Aug 30, 2014, 9:38 PM

not see much improvement. That continues to be a big problem year after year.

Aug 30, 2014, 9:42 PM

I agree the OL played poorly in the second half but I thought they looked decent in the first half.

Aug 30, 2014, 9:52 PM

I thought they done decent. Until they were just being overwhelmed by the GA rush due to the lack of diversity in the play calling they held their own and the QB's had decent time.

I believe if we had Gurley the last 3 years we are championship contenders. Can you imagine having to
Worry about last years WR s and then that guy. You know he's going to get it and it doesn't matter. He's a beast. I hope he does the same thing against the dirt peckers

Aug 30, 2014, 10:02 PM

And what about our powerful D???????

Aug 30, 2014, 10:15 PM

The D played OK but not great until they got gassed in the second half.

Like I said, no running game didn't allow us to move the chains and rest our defense and gave UGA a short field all night... Our D didnt stand a chance.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:40 PM

Absolutely!!! Its Dabo's and Chad's choice to give us a chance to win. And the choice is Adam Choice, Gallman, and Davidson. And run Kurt Fleming on 1, 2, 3, yard 3d down plays. I just don't think that Chad would play a grind it out game. Chad wants to win by throwing the ball every where. He feels like a pilot on a air raid, bombs away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Running Game Killed Us***

You mean tying our hands with DJ killed us.

Aug 30, 2014, 9:44 PM

CJ needs help back their.

I saw W Gallman on pass plays.

Did he get any carries?

If not we are totally showing our hand when we don't have CJ/DJ back there.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:09 PM

100% agree!!! Adam Choice should be getting every snap in practice and get him ready fast. Or our receivers will have pressure coverage every single play. Chip our receives every single down, and beat us every single game b/c we don't have a running game. And no blazing speed in our WR core. And our RB core is a glaring weakness. Find a RB and get him ready fast, or we will be beat in the second half all year long against any team we play with a pulse. We have serviceable WRs if we had a running game. We have a good team, but without a RB to make us a balance offense, we're going to get beat a lot. Get Choice and Fuller ready and let the others hold the play cards on the side lines. And please don't recruit another small RBs ever even if he does run a 4.25 40. He will just get beat the h&ll up and can't break no tackles and goes down when touched. Give me a RB that can beat others up by running over or through them. We could be a heavy favorite in the play offs with just one back like girley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need a gold cup

Aug 30, 2014, 10:28 PM

Point

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

No more dj or adam humphries or cjdavidson***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:43 PM

Re: No Running Game Killed Us***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:44 PM

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic