Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ToothFairy.NET...What in the actual Eff, Man?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 474

ToothFairy.NET...What in the actual Eff, Man?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:22 PM

My wife is trying to tell me we are supposed to give $5 to lilmissgrouching on behalf of the tooth fairy for her first tooth. I personally had planned on giving one of those gold dollar coins, cause its shiny. No way in hell I'm paying $5 for a tooth and setting that precedent.

Lunge parents with children in the tooth fairy bracket, whats your standard nowadays? Not trying to be UDP, but I don't want to spend myself down into that bracket, either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$1/tooth, $2 for molars.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a new car and college tuition for Wisdom.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the validation of my mindset.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to $1/tooth, $2 for molars.*** ]

That's about what I was thinking. Wifeof spending too much time on buddybook getting stupid advice from the same people that like to hijack facebook statuses on unattended phones with such creative phrases as "I have the squirts".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, get your wife off those evil devices......

Nov 6, 2018, 3:29 PM

next thing your know you'll be driving to wal-mart at midnight so she can get spray snow to make a winter wonderland scene complete with the elf on a shelf showing up to help the tooth fairy. You'll be stuck doing that stuff till they're 11 or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way. A 4-5 year old doesn't know the difference

Nov 6, 2018, 3:23 PM

between a buck and $5, and they can't go spend it without you anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about a silver eagle that they can save for the future?***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm fine with that, as long as it doesn't cost me more than

Nov 6, 2018, 3:26 PM

a dollar.

I found that the best way to handle that was

Nov 6, 2018, 3:40 PM

to dress up in horrifying monster costume, barge in to the child's room in the middle of the night and LOUDLY declare that you're the tooth fairy and that you're there for ALL the teeth. The tooth fairy is never spoken of again.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, now that you mention it, I have never ONCE

Nov 6, 2018, 3:47 PM

heard Hank mention the tooth fairy at a tailgate. It makes a lot of sense now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm telling you, IT WORKS.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:49 PM

I mean, you really should have seen the horrifying Santa Claus costume, come to think of it.

Children are like employees.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:41 PM

They always want raises and don't take to having their pay cut. I recommend you keep the overhead low lest you end up buying new cars when the graduate middle school.

Remember, you can always reward them with something stellar if they do something stellar but you can't top stellar if that's the standard you set for standard behavior.

#CT88philosophicalbullshitfortoday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went with $3

Nov 6, 2018, 3:44 PM

cause I had 3 ones when her first tooth came out. Then the next day she went to my parents house who said the tooth fairy left her $5 there. Eff that noise.

So $3 a tooth it is now which I think is bullships.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you like to borrow a horrifying monster costume?***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:45 PM

We used $2 bills for the first few, then downgrade to $1/ea***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were the $2 bills stamped w Tiger Paws?

Nov 6, 2018, 4:35 PM

I hope so, otherwise not allin....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our tooth fairy is a coot

Nov 6, 2018, 4:54 PM

makes sense, if you consider a) fairy, b) breaks into your house, and c) collects teeth.

$1***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:55 PM

A. yeah, $5.00 is way to much. Stupid parents being

Nov 6, 2018, 4:01 PM

stupid.

B. Da heck does it even matter? Lil squirt is getting that money anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For $5.00 I'm taking a GOOD tooth, not a dead one.***

Nov 6, 2018, 4:04 PM

$5 14-16 years ago.***

Nov 6, 2018, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Per tooth or per mouth?

Nov 6, 2018, 4:50 PM

Good lawd thats a lotta money

Oh, sore topic in the Tiggity house too. Like a toothache

Nov 6, 2018, 4:59 PM

When our oldest lost his first tooth, wife of wanted to do what her parents did. Her father is a notorious cheapskate. Anyway, when wife was little, her dad put an 1888 Morgan silver dollar under her pillow. He would then take the ###### thing back and "save" it for her. Next year he'd put the same silver dollar under her pillow. I let wife of get her jollies doing this because it cost me nothing. She eventually got the ###### dollar and her father "lost" the others.

So the other day oldest wanted to see the coin collection. I had a great great uncle, and a grandfather who collected coins. We have a pretty decent collection. Probably 100 or more Morgan silver dollars, and many others. Probably 500 more more silver dollars. ANYWAY, son of saw all those silver dollars that looked just like the one the tooth fairy leaves and now has asked for real money. Wife of went ape####. Like I'm supposed to hide the coin collection from son of.

So now I finally win and he gets a crisp dollar bill every year. And it's his to keep and spend. Wife's pissed. I told her tradition sucked. End of story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$5 if you get to do the old door handle string trick, otherwise $1.

Nov 6, 2018, 4:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

I did that once. Note that I said ONCE.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:00 PM

Never again. After that experience, I wiggled them until I ripped them out. Usually in social studies because it was so boring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fidy$***

Nov 6, 2018, 5:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I like the gold coin but yeah, $5 is not unheard of these days.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:48 PM

Ours get a dollar and they better be happy about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do 50 cent pieces.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:26 AM

That's what my parents did for me, and so I'm carrying it on.

I went ahead and bought $150 worth of them at the bank a few years ago, because they can be hard to find at times.

BTW, my son swallowed one of them a few weeks ago. It was impressive. (and scary, and infuriating)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Your son may have a future in Coney Island.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:41 AM

The Amazing Coin-Swallowing Boy...

He definitely didn't get his gag reflex from his mom.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:58 AM

sadface

Re: Your son may have a future in Coney Island.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Your son may have a future in Coney Island. ]

Shorty, Tmale me with the contact info for the recruiter.

Thanks.

Replies: 30
| visibility 474
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic