Topic: $2 Bills
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jan 18, 2020 8:36 AM by: MyfavOrange®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 20  

$2 Bills

[78]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:38 PM

I'm a busy guy, don't generally spend time reading forums, and never leave messages or get involved in discussions. It's a total waste of time and intellect to get involved in pointless banter with a faceless, nameless computer screen. However, I was so impressed with the Clemson fans and traditions that I thought I would temporarily create an account and leave a comment about some things I learned during this championship event.

First, I found the Clemson fans to be generally great people. I make no excuses for the a-hole LSU crowd that felt the need to start crap when none was needed. Though I don't live in Louisiana anymore, I love some things about the state, others not so much. I am a die-hard, purple and gold blooded LSU guy. Our fanbase has a reputation for rudeness, and I won't run from that. But I myself would never let my fandom drag me to that level of debauchery. It is what it is.

I had to break a large bill to pay for a meal, and the waiter handed a stack of bills for change. In the midst I saw a few $2 bills. I was surprised to see them, since it's such a rare thing these days. I quickly glanced and noticed a little orange tint on them, but thought nothing about it. Later, as I was organizing my cash, I looked closer and noticed the Clemson print. Gotta tell you, made me smile! Then I saw some pictures of fans holding similar bills. Googled it, and learned about the history of the Clemson/GT rivalry and how the $2 bill thing started. I thought to myself, that's about the coolest freaking tradition I've ever heard! Now, whenever a local in N.O. gets one of these bills over the next couple of years, they'll be forced to think about you guys. Brilliant!

Anyway, I'm not a troll, so I'm saying my peace and getting off your site. Just wanted to let you know that Clemson made a very good impression on me this week. You've got another fan here, especially if you end up playing Alabama for the natty next year. I have no doubt that you'll be there many times before we get another shot at it.

Thank You Sir! ??

[3]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:40 PM

Welcome back anytime.

Oh..LSU was a great team, as we knew, and they played Lights Out & deserved their win & Natty Trophy!

As DabO graciously said in post game presser..LSU was a “beautiful“ team to watch.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

You are awesome and this post is awesome.

[5]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:41 PM

Surely it was worth it to break form and post this because I loved reading it!

Thank you!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg

Re: You are awesome and this post is awesome.

[9]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:48 PM

Thanks Joe. So much hate out there in the football fan base that I thought the good fans should know when they truly make a difference.

Re: $2 Bills

[3]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:45 PM

Well, your first paragraph started a little ‘rough’ for me, but you finished strong!

Good post and come back again. Besides, we’ll be playing again in 5 years...

GO Tigers!!!

??

2020 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Thanks so much for stopping by....

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:52 PM

a really nice post TMac!

2020 orange level member

Dude, that is about the awesomest rival post, ever!

[3]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 4:56 PM

Thanks for the compliment!

You should hang out here and find out

[1]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:06 PM

what an intellectually stimulating entity TigerNet truly is.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

The definition of awesome!

LSU Fans and the 2$ Bills

[3]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:06 PM

Of course there was a minority of well served LSU fans that were a little over the top, but I have seen Clemson Tiger Fans that way.
My issue is the vulgar T-Shirts and Phrases that just don't belong anywhere near this sport or families or even in a public environment.
I had very pleasant experience with many LSU fans that were quite complementary and objective about the game and each teams program.
On the 2$ bills, one of our Uber drivers was very proud of his and having it framed and then another Uber driver and bartender had fun with the orange 2$ Bills.
Congrats to LSU - for sure the better team Monday night.
Lets go get that trophy in Miami - Go Tigers

Thanks for Posting***

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:10 PM

[3]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:10 PM

Great post! When it’s time to play us in Clemson, I would love to host you at our tailgate. We have an avid LSU fan originally from NOLA who comes to a game or two at Clemson every year with our tailgate neighbors. Congratulations on a fantastic season. Your boys deserve the trophy.

[3]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:23 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Since we have a future meeting in the works, I may have to check back here from time to time... make an exception to my own rules, haha. I think that will definitely be a must see series, likely our biggest challenge next to Alabama. I would love to visit Clemson's Death Valley, see how the other side of the desert looks!

[3]
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 5:47 AM

If you love tradition, then visiting the first original stadium to be named Death Valley, and the history behind the name of Clemson Death Valley. I say come for a visit, you will be welcomed, and treated in an utmost welcoming way at Clemson's Death Valley, Go Tigers in the original Death Valley ( on campus ) FB stadium, where the beauty of Clemson university is breathtaking!!!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:27 PM

H.O.F. Post right there. ??????

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:28 PM

Underrated post. There may be hope for LSU fans yet.

what a break from what we have seen from LSU fans on this

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:29 PM

board, thanks.

Well that’s about the nicest opponent post I’ve ever read.

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:31 PM

Many thanks for the kind words.

null

Thank you. Personally, I talked to several LSU fans and

[2]
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 5:41 PM

all were friendly.

2020 white level member

Re: Thank you. Personally, I talked to several LSU fans and

[2]
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 5:59 AM

OOPs I TDed by mistake but TUed on his second post.

2020 purple level member

Awesome post! Congrats on the win, you were better!***

[2]
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 6:15 AM

military_donation.jpg

You are welcome to come back and visit TigerNet anytime.

[3]
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 8:36 AM

Please try to make a game to Clemson and come to Death Valley South Carolina. We're sure you'll love it. Great post and thank you for the comments.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 20  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 in sec M or L your choice asking 1150 each, email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
2557 people have read this post