Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on my daughter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Update on my daughter

Feb 27, 2019, 1:17 PM

First of all thank you for all the prayers and kind words of support. Tiger Nation is made up of the best people anywhere.

The prayers yesterday brought calmness and healing to an extremely difficult day.

She's home and we have a plan being developed to get her healthy. I've learned things that have broken my heart. (Bulimia, thoughts of self harm and other challenges) I know now this won't be easy.

We have a rough road ahead but with good doctors, counselors, family, friends and God we will overcome and get my girl healthy again.

Words don't seem to be enough but thank you for caring and I will keep the updates coming.

I appreciate our T-Net family more than you know!

God bless, Bill

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on my daughter

Feb 27, 2019, 1:22 PM

Great news. Hope everything goes well

Good luck. I hope it works out for her.***

Feb 27, 2019, 1:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Feb 27, 2019, 1:31 PM

Great to hear!

that's never easy

Feb 27, 2019, 1:33 PM

But there's more understanding around those things these days. So I have no doubt your daughter will get the help and support she needs.

Re: that's never easy

Feb 27, 2019, 1:45 PM

Bill, God bless you and your family! Your Tnet friend.

Re: that's never easy

Feb 27, 2019, 2:18 PM

Keep faith and be persistent in prayer for your daughter and all your family. Knowledge about what’s going on is the first steps out of the crisis. May the Lord keep and protect you during the recovery.

Feb 27, 2019, 2:19 PM

Thanks for the news. Be strong brother. It might be a long tough fight but, fighting for the ones you love is more than worth it. You’re still in my prayers. God bless y’all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 2:52 PM

Aiken Tiger:

I rarely post here and keep to myself about my daughters condition and I don't know about the tmail stuff so I am just going to say it so you know you are not alone.

My daughter is 14 and has battled anorexia for over 2 years. It is a terrible disease. She is currently in her 3rd in patient stay over 1000 miles away. This is one of the most irrational things you will ever see. I stopped trying to think rationally about it because it is so irrational. Just love her, get her good care and trust in the Lord. The worst day of my life was admitting her to that facility but we had tried local treatment for over a year and she was going down fast. She looked like pictures of children in war torn countries. she is 5-5 and got down to 78 pounds. She is now making small steps forward. Just take it a day at a time and do not expect a quick fix.

I am just thankful I have been blessed with the resources to get her good treatment, afford airfare to go see her and I know when she gets past this she will be one strong person.

She proudly wears her 2018 National Championship shirt and all her other Clemson gear and making Clemson fans in Big 12 country. She loves her football and I always made my flights so I got there in time for us to watch Clemson games together at the hospital. They thought something was wrong when we went to crazy watching the 4 and 6 vs. Syracuse. Point being, try to find those moments of joy when you can.

last thing: Make sure to take care of yourself also. You will be no good for her if you get too worn down. There were times was just a zombie walking around. It is okay to take a little time for yourself.

God bless your family.

Feb 27, 2019, 3:23 PM

261 Tiger,

Thank you for sharing my friend! You brought tears to my eyes and I will be praying for you and your daughter.

Yesterday was brutal. No other way to describe it. You've obviously been through the fire and your support means a great deal.

I love my daughter so much and she loves me too. We'll get through this.

It is not possible to understand because she is amazing. Beautiful, smart, talented and funny! How she can't see it makes no sense.

Jeremiah 29:11.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

We have have to claim this for our girls!
God won't let us down brother.

Peace and love to you and your family, Bill

Feb 27, 2019, 3:41 PM

You nailed it. My daughter (of course I am biased) is a beautiful, athletic, smart, just seemed to have it all just like your daughter. But there are about 16 girls at her facility and so many are that way. I always said that group of girls could build a rocket. Doctors said it is often those types of girls, where what was once viewed as their strengths becomes their enemy. The discipline, drive they have enables them, in my daughter's case, to restrict the intake of food while a large part of society cannot push away from the table.

I also laugh with them when I visit and say they are like a bunch old ladies sitting around playing cards in the evenings. They have no phones (thus no social media)so it is like going back in time when I was a kid, when we played cards and board games. Great group of girls but when you are with them it really puts life in perspective and that it is truly about the little things. Like just enjoying a game of cards with a special group of kids.

Feb 27, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Update on my daughter ]

I think there will be a time that both you and AikenTiger will be looking at this in the rear view mirror. It is scary and it really gives you an empty feeling since there is nothing you can do about it but just give them your love. It is really just beyond our understanding as it seems so irrational. I know how both of your feel right now and the slightest indication that they are understanding and making progress brings great joy. Let's just hope that even the smallest steps are a start to getting this behind them. I pray that your families and daughters will feel the love of our precious Lord to help sustain you during this time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Update on my daughter ]

I am so sorry about your daughter. It is frightening how many of us have experience with this illness. It’s been a long 10 years since my daughter’s eating disorder began. Catching it in the early stages is really helpful. The longer the disordered eating behaviors exist, they harder it is to recover. It took me too long to realize what was going on and then even longer until we found the right counselor and doctors. My daughter is also very gifted, did well in school, extremely pretty, etc. For reasons I will probably never fully understand, that seems to be the type this illness affects. While my daughter’s life is not how I might have imagined 10 years ago, I thank God she is still with us and has made a lot of progress. My heart and prayers go out to you. Stay strong, take care of yourself and know you are not alone.

Feb 27, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Update on my daughter ]

You are a wise and kind man. God bless you and your daughter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 3:23 PM

Continued Prayers Sent from Charleston*******

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 3:36 PM

Great news and praying for full recovery.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 3:46 PM

My daughter has an eating disorder and has made great progress over the last few years with the help of doctors, therapists, nutritionists. There is much hope and support available. I feel for you and will pray for your daughter and family. Glad she is getting help!

Feb 27, 2019, 3:57 PM

thoughts and prayers sent. I know this is a real illness. It is just so hard to fathom that people can feel that way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 4:01 PM

May God Bless you all. My heart breaks not even knowing her.

Feb 27, 2019, 4:48 PM

Continued prayers for all involved.

Feb 27, 2019, 4:48 PM

Thanks for the update. The important part is finding the right counselor that your daughter feels comfortable talking to. I've been through this with my daughter (depression and feeling suicidal) about 3 yrs ago. Yes, it will be rough at times to work through, but I have faith that y'all will get through this. I'll continue praying for you, your daughter, and family as y'all work towards recovery.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 5:26 PM

Prayers are with your daughter and your family. God is with you.Faith will get you through this. Trust in GOD.Keep yourself strong . She needs you and your family.

Feb 27, 2019, 5:57 PM

Wishing you the best. Hoping things continue to move in the right direction for you and your family.

Feb 27, 2019, 6:01 PM

Love and continued prayers!!!

Hang in There Aiken....My Daughter 5 Years Ago Went

Feb 27, 2019, 6:09 PM

Through something similar and with prayers, love and watching her behavior very closely for indicators or signs that things were not going well she has done well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 6:54 PM

Continued prayers for your daughter and You and your family. There is some comfort in having a plan and knowing what to do next. Prayers for our other Tnet family who are facing the same or similar situation.

Thanks for the update......

Feb 27, 2019, 8:25 PM

.....Will continue to send prayers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Feb 27, 2019, 9:41 PM

So sorry, Aiken. It is harder than ever these days to come of age and sometimes it seems to be even harder on girls. It is also hard to know what they are thinking, and thinking about themselves, because a certain ages Mom and Dad are the last they tell. All I can tell you is I have been lucky with three kids but there have been some bumps. The best start is to love her and make sure she knows it. The next is to get good medical help and make sure they know everything you know an follow their recommendations. Another important thing is to learn all about her friends and who she spends time with and which of them are good for her and which are sketchy for her, particularly kids who are show signs of similar problems.

Will keep your family in prayers. I'm a bit of a jerk so I hope it is net gain, but we'll see.

Feb 27, 2019, 9:48 PM

You sound like a wonderful father. God bless you and your daughter. I pray that she knows that you have wrapped your arms around her and will never let go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayed, cried with tears

Feb 27, 2019, 9:53 PM

last night for your daughter. So glad to hear this news. Sometimes we have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death in order to get back up. So your journey really begins, and you will be given strength for the task. Satan always launches the most vicious attacks on Eve, woman, to try and usurp her beauty - that's because he is enraged because he lost his (Ezekiel 28, I believe). So he mounts war on beauty, and also on Eve, "mother of the living". Anyway, God bless. I think that what I really want to do as a result of this ordeal of yours is just scour the "Net" for prayer requests and focus on that instead of all the other stuff. I could probably do more good that way. Peace.

Prayers for your daughter Bill!!

Feb 27, 2019, 10:03 PM

The update sounds good. Daughters are so extra special. Always said every dad should have a daughter.. -:) . Love my daughter with all my heart! Think girls have an extra hard row to hoe in today’s society... and need and deserve our support in coping. You seem to be providing that extra help and prayers are that all will be well!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 27, 2019, 10:08 PM

Prayers

Will keep your family covered in prayers . . .

Feb 27, 2019, 10:16 PM

Thank you for fighting for your child!!!!!!!

My sister suffered from bulimia and more

Feb 27, 2019, 11:16 PM

when she was about 12. None of knew until it came to a head - including me and I shared a room with her. Every situation is different but want to share that she got help and eventually thrived - she grew up to be a healthy happy young woman with a family of her own.

Feb 27, 2019, 11:30 PM

So happy to hear such good news about your daughter. Will certainly continue to pray for progress for her and strength and wisdom for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 11:51 PM

May God continue to give you wisdom, strength, and guidance. He has you and your daughter in the palm of his hand. Prayers that she will recover healthy, healed, and stronger than before.

God bless you and your family!***

Feb 28, 2019, 9:18 AM

Feb 28, 2019, 3:07 PM

Aiken, so glad to hear the news. I live in Aiken and if we ever meet just let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family. I will continue the prayers. I'm 78 yrs. old and have been through a lot raising a family, grand kids, and now great grand kids. It's not easy my friend, but the Good Lord makes it worth it in the end. May the Lord continue to watch over you and all TNET members needing our prayers.

Feb 28, 2019, 3:11 PM

As you know Aiken, prayer is the most powerful force on Earth because it puts us in direct contact with our Lord and Savior. Do not forget daily prayer. May God bless your family.

Feb 28, 2019, 5:02 PM

So glad to hear your daughter is home and now you know what you are facing. Prayers that your daughter with her immense support group will pull through this.
I had not read all of the messages before I posted and I just have to say that I have never seen so much love and support come from a group of people that don’t know each other personally. I cried reading your posts with the struggles and pain all of these beautiful young ladies are going through right now. You truly are the best of people on this board. The love and faith are so strong and a bond is made much like we see on our teams. May God bless you all and help guide these young ladies to be the strong and vibrant women you know they can be.

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 28, 2019, 6:24 PM

Prayers continue for a quick and total recovery!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic