Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trying to evaluate the past two years..here is my conclusion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Trying to evaluate the past two years..here is my conclusion

Jan 5, 2021, 8:16 AM

We have been reloading with the offensive skill players but rebuilding with the defense and two lines.

Our rebuild on defense and the lines has been good enough to get through the ACC and get to the playoffs, but not good enough to win it all. That seems to be a great position to be in -- always in the conversation, and always in meaningful post-season games, and always with a shot! How many schools have that?

When we won it all with Trevor as a Freshman, I though he and our skill players would be good enough to repeat that pretty easily the next two years. But as good as he is, it's hard to win it all without elite line play on both sides of the ball.

I will say, though, that I was shocked at how bad our lines looked against Ohio St. Our last game against ND really had me fooled, thinking were were much better than we were.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trying to evaluate the past two years..here is my conclusion

Jan 5, 2021, 8:26 AM

Keep in mind that while we were playing ND after a long regular season, Ohio St was busy watching and scheming. Anyone who can’t see this gave them a huge advantage is blind. They knew their game plan and due to lack of footage we were trying to adjust to what we didn’t know was coming, on top of having a weaker line. It was a true recipe for disaster

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does not having Nolan Turner in 1st half make a difference

Jan 5, 2021, 8:31 AM

We were even with OSU in all but 2nd quarter where the game got away from us and caused us to play from behind in 2nd half. I doubt its enough to win, but game would have been closer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:40 AM

I'm not smart enough to watch our OL and see our weaknesses. I am smart enough to know if ETN is being to the low output he had this season, that we have a problem. This problem was displayed against weak teams during season.

Next year should be an improvement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:41 AM

We have been reloading with the offensive skill players but rebuilding with the defense and two lines.

Our rebuild on defense and the lines has been good enough to get through the ACC and get to the playoffs, but not good enough to win it all. That seems to be a great position to be in -- always in the conversation, and always in meaningful post-season games, and always with a shot! How many schools have that?

When we won it all with Trevor as a Freshman, I though he and our skill players would be good enough to repeat that pretty easily the next two years. But as good as he is, it's hard to win it all without elite line play on both sides of the ball.

I will say, though, that I was shocked at how bad our lines looked against Ohio St. Our last game against ND really had me fooled, thinking were were much better than we were.

Look inside of what you just posted. We are good enough to win the ACC every year but struggle when we play the better teams in the SEC and Big 10.

What does that say about our conference?

Seriously... Clemson has to play the BEST teams

Jan 5, 2021, 8:53 AM

from those conferences for the past 6 years in the playoffs. Two years ago Clemson crushed Alabama. The FIRST undefeated team in the BCS playoff history. Last year Clemson lost to LSU and then lost to ND (at ND without TL) and then had to play an OSU team without it's offensive coordinator.

I'm very very happy where Clemson is right now. Keep winning the ACC and they will be in the top 4 again... and again... and again...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Jan 5, 2021, 8:43 AM

I can name that conclusion in one line;
We were good enough to get there, but not good enough to win it.
I

Jan 5, 2021, 8:49 AM

I think Leigh and the other linemen signed this year will turn a weakness into a strength next season.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:50 AM

It's the Superdome. We play terrible every time we go there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:57 AM

Ain’t no sugar in that bowl for Clemson, that’s for sure

Jan 5, 2021, 9:36 AM

I’d say the D-line got held a lot and it wasn’t called. The O-line was absolutely horrible not only in the osu game but all season. Travis is arguably one of the best RB of all time and wasn’t able to crack 1000 yards this year. Heck he only had 3 games with over 100 yards rushing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 9:50 AM

I have the same perspective as you. His freshman natty was incredible, but the defense and stellar WRs of that year won the game. Big drop off in line play for the next two years, no elite WR due to injuries.

I didn’t think we had much of a chance in the playoffs until we crushed ND. Guess their OL injuries was a bigger factor than us being that good.

But we are better than the score against OSU. We just ran into a very motivated team who had a great night, it happens.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic