Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To my fellow Clemson Tigers: Pulling for Clemson has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 101

To my fellow Clemson Tigers: Pulling for Clemson has

May 10, 2014, 9:15 PM

been one of the most passionate and natural joys of my life. From the first Clemson game I ever attended in 1971 until today, I have lived and died with the Tigers. The beauty of the Clemson campus, time spent with my family involving Clemson, and the happiness of knowing that my fellow Clemson army of 81,500 were all enjoying victories have been a big part of the experience.

Today was to be the last day, however, that I cared, or will ever care if Clemson wins or loses. In fact, as of this afternoon, May 10, 2014, I don't care if the school remains open or closes the doors. I have seen today that there are things in life much bigger than a sporting event and that just because people pull for the same team that I do, it doesn't mean they are people that I need to associate with in the least. I thank Tigernet for opening my eyes to that fact of life.

I am grateful that the last three years have been some of the best ever for Clemson football. Repeat eleven win seasons, division and conference titles, and great players like Boyd and Watkins have made my last years as a Clemson fan very exciting. I could have done without the five consecutive losses to the gamecocks, but even with that, I have witnessed Clemson wins in 10 of the last 17 years. I must mention that the South Carolina geam has been a very lopsided series in Clemson's favor during the years from 1971 until today. I have the greatest respect in the world for Coach Swinney and think that he is the best influence that has ever passsed through Clemson. May he continue to be very successful. Perhaps I will follow his teams again some day if he leaves Clemson for another school.

As a 1985 Clemson graduate, I will always have great memories of attending and think fondly of my time on the campus. I was a freshman during the 1981 season. That was, however, a much more innocent time in my life and a long time ago. It was a time in which I did not know the "Clemson Family" in a way I have come to know it lately. I have always loved Clemson, but that love is no longer with me. I will always wish the best for the school and teams as the opposite of love is not hate, rather it is indifference. Indifference is what I feel at this point and I don't see anything reversing that. I intend to tell the Alumni Association as well as Iptay to consider be separated and estranged from the university at this point.

I suppose I will save a little money on season tickes, travel, and hotels, but I imagine I will find somewhere else to spend it. Good luck to all of you and good luck to the Clemson Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To my fellow Clemson Tigers: Pulling for Clemson has

May 10, 2014, 9:19 PM

This is bc of the anti Ghey posts?

Or maybe I'm not following? I got the confuse...

Please specify.

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2014, 9:22 PM

Yes please specify the reason/reasons for your post.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

yes please, so jches11 can know if he can feel self-righteous or not.***

May 10, 2014, 9:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Well, I don't like the ghey posts but I will be pulling

May 10, 2014, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: To my fellow Clemson Tigers: Pulling for Clemson has ]

for theTigers. If you are sitting in front of me and are male, please don't kiss your boy friend.

but two chicks would be cool, amirite?***

May 10, 2014, 9:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Nae,I'll pass.***

May 10, 2014, 9:48 PM

Re: but two chicks would be cool, amirite?***

May 10, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to but two chicks would be cool, amirite?*** ]

Pics????

Is this a suicide note?

May 10, 2014, 9:21 PM

you have season tickets? tmail me. ***

If you are seperating yourself for the reasons I think you may be, the world is full of haters and they only feel good about themselves if they are denigrating someone else, don't let them change who you are or the way you feel about life, if you do, then they have won! Go Tigers!!, the people who tailgate in spot 8172 will always open their hearts to you!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2014, 9:24 PM

I'm sad to see we have so many "tiger fans" with such petty world views too but you can certainly enjoy Clemson football without associating with these idiots. Come on back when you've cooled off and enjoy some football.

May 10, 2014, 9:28 PM

He's gone. He's gone.

RIP

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I have seen today that there are things in life much bigger than a sporting event and that just because people pull for the same team that I do, it doesn't mean they are people that I need to associate with in the least."

Good for you bud, way to take a stand support your views but..

"In fact, as of this afternoon, May 10, 2014, I don't care if the school remains open or closes the doors."

LOL, really? Just because some has a different view of you on something does not mean you completely disconnect everything you love or have invested in.

Do you have family members with different political views?

May need to tell them and alienate them next.

wow. While there are many posts or posters I disagree with

It does not affect the fact that we, in the end, are all tigers. If some dissension or disagreement on the boards causes you to remove yourself from that family, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

I'm confused. What did the team personally do to you?***

May 10, 2014, 9:34 PM

OP you take Tnet way to serious

May 10, 2014, 9:47 PM

Nm

Tigernet does not represent Clemson

May 10, 2014, 9:55 PM

It's only internet blowhards...most Clemson fans have never come to the boreds.

This post is too serius.

May 10, 2014, 10:07 PM

I don't even no yoo

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

It would have been common courtesy for him to wait

May 10, 2014, 10:46 PM

to post this until sirius Thursday

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: It would have been common courtesy for him to wait

May 11, 2014, 12:54 AM

GWP and DSP are gone so you must have fired him! Are ewe responsible for this 12?

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

...maybe???

May 11, 2014, 1:23 AM

I don't have to answer to no stinking coot!!!

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Curly Bill had a great quote for posts like this***

May 10, 2014, 10:09 PM

May 10, 2014, 10:32 PM

I'm not a graduate, and lately I can only get to an occasional game. The closest association I have to Clemson is an older brother that graduated in '66, but I have always loved the Tigers and I always will. Just because someone has a differing opinion from mine, and because they don't like me for my opinion, will never change that fact. It's kind of sad; The Tigers are going to lose an obviously loyal fan, because of views that aren't the same as yours.

Good luck to you friend, GO TIGERS, BEAT ga.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2014, 12:50 AM

Loyal? No way. Someone who feels he is not getting his way so he is going to take his ball and go home. My opinion.....Stay out of my bedroom and stop trying to brag me into yours. Seems like nothing is consider private anymore.

this post is dumb

May 10, 2014, 10:55 PM

if its about what i think it is

is it that shocking to you that some people have differing opinions on sexual orientation?

why should random opinions affect who you are? and what did the clemson players do to lose your support?

you need some thicker skin..and hopefully you never get into any discussions about politics or religion or you might end up renouncing your citizenship

Re: I don't post much but...

May 10, 2014, 11:21 PM

I had to on this. If I'm off base on this, I'm sorry. Your post was a little cryptic so I had to make some assumptions.

I frequently visit Tigernet and have for a few years. I don't feel inclined to post much. I agree with some; I disagree with others. Other than a few laughs, it doesn't affect my day; let alone my life, one bit. I can't imagine letting some comments by someone I don't know bother me to the point where I quit all that is Clemson. I've got too much time, money and blood in this University.

Based on your logic, you may as well go ahead and renounce your citizenship. After all, not only are the folks who made the comments Clemson fans (at least I assume most are); they are also citizens of the United States.

Hate to ruin your soapbox moment but not everyone agrees on everything. I'd think you'd have come to that conclusion by this point in your life. If not, I strongly suggest you start to embrace that fact.

Message was edited by: surfntiger®

badge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang..this post is so depressing that I'm having a Rum/Cola

May 11, 2014, 12:15 AM

while I figure out what has sent this 81 fellow Ex-Tigernetter out into space and giving up on one of the best things that ever came into his life..CLEMSON.

Saying..this is grave news and without any real explanation imo..unless some on TNet have said some terrible things..or something to do with the Gay Player not being treated with dignity..or whatever.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2014, 12:42 AM

If a few folks posting on controversial subjects is enough for you to turncoat on CLEMSON, then you probably should not be on a message board at all!! Good luck with the rest of your life! Keep your sails down when the wind is blowing!

Have a tissue, traitor, and enjoy coot success!***

May 11, 2014, 1:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

May 11, 2014, 1:25 AM

WHO CARES... I mean, if you are going to select a different team to become a fan base of then that is your decision. The fact that you took 2 hours typing up a novel on TigerNet to tell everyone says to me that you do not really mean it. If you believe you will find a better team or fan base to be apart of then you are highly mistaken. The moral decay of the human race extends well beyond the 1st Avenue of Champions. In fact, compared to other programs I would say that Clemson is one of the more morally sound programs. Our players are well mannered and our coaches are setting a fine example. What is your issue? Other fans that do not think, act, speak, or behave as you do? If you expect to find some secret place on Earth where folks live in righteousness then I would hate to be the one to disappoint you. In fact, if you want to find the most unrighteous person in your life then all you have to do is look in a mirror. Just as I am the most unrighteous man in my life. I too have to look in the mirror because righteousness isn't measured in words or actions, but in the condition of one's heart. For no man has done any righteous deed. Nope, not even 1. You live in a time of willful ignorant bliss, and because of such you could not see the wickedness of the world that surrounds you. Not that I am attempting to insult you because you are actually thinking with a proper mindset for the first time in your life. If the love of anything worldly is in you then the love of the Father is not. I wish you well in your journey to nowhere, but along the way may you gain the wisdom that someone your age should have. Bear in mind that only a master can make his servant rise and fall. Check out Romans for references. The entire content of your melodramatic message is not one that reflects mental or spiritual maturity. It seems to me as if you are placing yourself above others in the Clemson fan base and if that is the case then we won't miss your camaraderie at all. Good luck and God speed.

Semper Fi,

CLEMSON FANATIC!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

While I understand

May 11, 2014, 1:46 AM

I feel that your post was made without proper perspective. You fell for the same trap as the people who made the posts on this board fell for when they made stupid posts in the heat of the moment.

I personally disagree with homosexuality. Because of my religious beliefs I think it is wrong. However, because of the same beliefs that tell me homosexuality is wrong I feel it is not my place to judge. I can promote the word of the Lord, but I can't judge. Matthew 6:14-15 and John 8:7 stand out to me more than anything.

I'm not perfect, none of us are. Until we get to be perfect IMO it's best if instead of condemning people for their faults we concentrate on spreading the word on what is capable for us all. I see it as being a case of catching more flies with honey than vinegar.

Then again, I could be wrong. Unlike some of the crowd around here I never claimed to be perfect. Especially when it has been my experience that the people who tend to thump the bible the most are the ones who would be best served to do more reading than thumping.

..well..we are *Americans* and we love to argue.....

May 11, 2014, 2:09 AM

...about anything any everything, and that's what got us into trouble with King George.......but I wouldn't want to give up on Clemson over this issue though.....

Oh I agree

May 11, 2014, 2:18 AM

debate is what made this country. But what made the religion that the majority of us on here proclaim to be is love, not hatred. My duty as a Christian is to promote the word of Jesus, who died for our sins. My duty isn't to judge. Judgement comes at the end of days,

IMO there hasn't been much debating concerning homosexuality on this board tonight.morning as much as a bunch of judging.

When you get off your period come on back.

May 11, 2014, 7:42 AM

We won't hold it against you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic